Pros and Cons of EMTCity

DwayneEMTP

BAAAHHHHH

Haven't decided i start to type something then change my mind ... ohhh well im sure ill come back to this sometime

Race

Pros:

Let's me be nostalgic for my EMS days

Great for seeing how the rest of the world operates outside of my little universe, conclusion: the urban guys get all of the glory and the rural guys get to be doctors

Our friends from Australia/NZ. I can't get enough of their posts. I can hear the accent in my head as I am reading it.

It's fun to argue with trolls from time to time

Cons:

Abandonment of my work and family obligations.

Pros:

I get to sound off and nobody will fire me.

I get to use my brain, and nobody will fire me. (seeing a pattern here?)

I get to learn from some of the most wicked smart people in medicine I've ever encountered- from RN's to paramedics to basics to MD's (how cool is that?!)

I get to get inside different scenarios and see how different minds critically approach patient care, which allows me to integrate that information into my own fledgling practice as a student nurse...

I've made some wicked cool friends who don't diss on me for being under 30 ;-)

Cons:

I should be studying...

I get too easily distracted by the trollage

Did I mention I should be studying? ;-)

Pros

• membership is international providing a wide cross section
  • varying levels of experience
  • honest (sometimes brutally)
  • seems to be a real desire to learn here
  • Dustdevil

Cons

• crotchitymedic
  • Time zone difference makes it hard to keep rack of discussion. Quite often you dont see a topic early enough and anything you have to say has already been said
  • A lot of it is US Canadian specific and sometimes i dont have a clue you guys are talking about
  • Addictive
  • Trolls in general

Our friends from Australia/NZ. I can't get enough of their posts. I can hear the accent in my head as I am reading it.

What in the bloody hell are you talking about we don't talk funny; I tell you its you blokes who have the nunngered vocabulary :D

Although this one time in rural New York ....

Me: Yeah this is Tom, wicked allergic to bee stings, stung twice, reckons no SOB but his chest sounds a bit buggered, wheezy, doesn't seem crook like cardiovascular, bit perkier on some salbutamol, you blokes got adrenaline eh like if he goes to poo?

Upstate rural New York volunteer EMT: <blank state like he's being beamed up by aliens> .... what?

Dramitisation - may not have happened

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.