Pros and Cons of EMTCity

DwayneEMTP

unrequited needs for face to face time with people that sometimes become close as family

I know what you are talking about. It saddens me sometimes to think that, due to the physical distance, I am never really likely to meet any of my "family"

WM

PS - anyone fancy a vacation in Amsterdam? :mobile:

I was there...you were not! LOL

Now that Delta has a direct flight from Dubai to Atlanta, it is unlikely I will transit through there again....glad I went the one time I did...it was one of the best times ever in my life. That is sincere...

I was there...you were not! LOL

Now that Delta has a direct flight from Dubai to Atlanta, it is unlikely I will transit through there again....glad I went the one time I did...it was one of the best times ever in my life. That is sincere...

Well, when Delta goes into the stratosphere with their prices and you are forced to do a stopover, please consider me as an option...

Pros:

Quite a bit more frank than other EMS forums

More people willing to say, "that's bullshit".

Diverse background, participating has made me a far better provider.

Cons:

Occassionlly there seems to be a fair amount of trolls running around, and a couple of people who use this BB to tell everyone how the world has "wronged" them because of their race/gender/orientation/species/genus/physical attributes/ect

Pros:

Quite a bit more frank than other EMS forums

More people willing to say, "that's bullshit".

Diverse background, participating has made me a far better provider.

Cons:

Occassionlly there seems to be a fair amount of trolls running around, and a couple of people who use this BB to tell everyone how the world has "wronged" them because of their race/gender/orientation/species/genus/physical attributes/ect

I would just like to point out that I am a fat, over 40 foreigner that also happens to be a male nurse.

I have had a very hardlife, you know!!!! :whistle::D

• Like 1

Pros: Great site, good people who are passionate about their profession, good topics with lively debate.

Cons: Too many trolls, too many people who have blinders on and refuse to acknowledge that it is possible that they are wrong, or that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Pro.

Ability to learn from more experienced providers.

An opportunity to derail the BS and stereotypes for the newer providers. Possibly even an agent for change in EMS.

Cons

Way too adictive. Like internet crack

I think EMT city has a lot of members who are willing to give advice to new members. Which I totally think is awesome! I can see people easily get judge and rocked on quickly. things like that does not bother me, most of the nights I log on early in the morning I find people in the chat room which is cool cause then I can chat and vent out!

No cons what so ever yet!

Pros: Great site, good people who are passionate about their profession, good topics with lively debate.

Cons: Too many trolls, too many people who have blinders on and refuse to acknowledge that it is possible that they are wrong, or that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

OOOOOOH I know who you are referring to1!!!!!!! ha ha

PS - anyone fancy a vacation in Amsterdam? :mobile:

If I make it over there...you buying dinner? :wave:

Pros

- getting to get insight to calls as other may have done it without being judged for the way I handled mine.

- Dwayne, Kiwi, AK...et al

- getting to help others...

Cons

- getting dinged for not being willing to sway my opinion from someone who's hell bent not to sway his/hers

Edited by tcripp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.