Pros and Cons of EMTCity

DwayneEMTP

What in the bloody hell are you talking about we don't talk funny; I tell you its you blokes who have the nunngered vocabulary :D

Although this one time in rural New York ....

Me: Yeah this is Tom, wicked allergic to bee stings, stung twice, reckons no SOB but his chest sounds a bit buggered, wheezy, doesn't seem crook like cardiovascular, bit perkier on some salbutamol, you blokes got adrenaline eh like if he goes to poo?

Upstate rural New York volunteer EMT: <blank state like he's being beamed up by aliens> .... what?

Dramitisation - may not have happened

I don't care if it may not have happened. It is friggin' awesome. I can't wait to make my way down south some time.

PS-Glad I was never an upstate rural volunteer. Those guys have got nothing on us buggered Long Island vollies.

Pros:

Professional, objective discussion about prehospital care without the usual jingoism bullshit.

Cons:

Not always being the smartest guy in the room.

Actually being proven to be wrong. Or so I've heard.

When you come in and talk amongst your friends and colleagues, a beer does not pop out of your computer and put on ErDoc's tab.

Pros:

Some of the smartest EMS providers I've ever dealt with.

Learning there's more than one way to skin a cat

Damn funny people, many of whom have the same sick sense of humor as I do

Learning how folks across the pond- and all across the planet- do this job

Cons:

Frustrated at times when I realize how ancient our EMS system is compared to elsewhere

Scared when I realize how much didactic stuff I've forgotten over the years

Wishing I had the time and cash to pay a visit to many of the folks I deal with here

When you come in and talk amongst your friends and colleagues, a beer does not pop out of your computer and put on ErDoc's tab.

I sent you my credit card number, SSN and mother's maiden name. Do you need me to send them to you again?

Pro's: A site owner thats not afraid to let the conversations flow

A great place to blow off steam,

Meet fellow providers from all places of the world

Interaction with some really bright minds in the business .

Meeting some really smart youngsters , who might be caring for me in my old age { like next year] :=}

Cons: Whacker wannnabe's and poser's

• Like 1

Pros

• Lots of experience
  • People willing to contribute many hours of discussion
  • Solid underlying sense of humour
  • Fair moderation
  • Multinational
  • Rob was a great asset

Cons:

• Doesn't seem to be as many daily posts as in the past (even that other forum is more active)
  • Point has already been made - people refusing to believe they could ever be wrong
  • People making outlandish claims on clinical matters, but failing to provide relevant citation.
  • 'The Golden Hour', '15L via NRB', boarded and collared', 'code 3' 'POV lights'...etc :whistle:
  • The belief that ones own EMS system sets the standard by which all others are judged. There is a whole world of EMS out there - quite possibly more advanced and progressive than the majority of us have experienced.
  • Lawsuits
  • People who try to bring religion into a discussion in an attempt to strengthen their argument

That's the volley FDs with the mansion fire halls (the tiki bar does exist).

cough* Coram? :innocent: cough*

Edited by scott33
  • Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.