Discrimination Against Gays

flamingemt2011

Hardly a random stat, Ak.

Define significant.

I'm sure there are plenty of groups that make up 1.8% of the population, yet there are no laws, regulations, or protections specifically directed at them or protect them, are there?

The point as I see it is that we are talking about a group that we are being led to believe is far more prevalent in our society than they really are.

Do you really think that making an overarching, far reaching policy for such a small group is a sound idea?

You think 6 Million is a small number?

This is also the 6 Million that readily identify or are ok with stating they are gay or lesbian...what about the millions who do not?

What about the millions who are gay/lesbian, they just haven't reached an age (puberty for starters) to be able to actually start defining what they are feeling?

Please list any other group that is only 6 million strong and then I will research and tell you if any special protections exist...don't we protect small groups...isn't this what America is about? Protecting those who do not have full rights like our own citizens...oh wait..the gays and lesbians are already citizens...oh shit, they should have full rights already, yet they don't. WTF over?

(Very poor form Herbie to say you are SURE there are other groups but not list any and then say these unnamed groups do not have special protections)

I personally have had enough of this "special rights advocates" for ALL these organized militant groups demanding fair treatment and that have been so "persecuted", they will receive 1.8 % of my concern.

ROFL!

Can someone remind me about when the heterosexual pride day and parade was again ?

Hey... Such a parade would be discrimination against gay individuals. Only minorities get special recognition, to recognize the "majority" is discriminate the minorities.

Majorities will therefore, continue to be suppressed minorities.

Gawd I love PC (Politicaly correct)

Edited by mobey

You think 6 Million is a small number?

This is also the 6 Million that readily identify or are ok with stating they are gay or lesbian...what about the millions who do not?

What about the millions who are gay/lesbian, they just haven't reached an age (puberty for starters) to be able to actually start defining what they are feeling?

Please list any other group that is only 6 million strong and then I will research and tell you if any special protections exist...don't we protect small groups...isn't this what America is about? Protecting those who do not have full rights like our own citizens...oh wait..the gays and lesbians are already citizens...oh shit, they should have full rights already, yet they don't. WTF over?

(Very poor form Herbie to say you are SURE there are other groups but not list any and then say these unnamed groups do not have special protections)

I'm looking at the bigger picture here. It's not the numbers, it's the percentage. 1.8% of ANYTHING is statistically insignificant. (Not saying gays are insignificant, I am talking about enacting policies and laws specifically directed at such small groups.) That would be akin to having medical SOP's for a group that has a very rare disease, that most folks will never see in their careers, much less need to treat.

As for listing each group with similar numbers- sorry- not the point here.

What "rights" are you referring to here? Marriage? Nope. Last time I checked that is a societal convention, which happens to have legal rights attached to it. Now apparently we are supposed to redefine that convention to appease 1.8% of the population, but that's another story.

Isn't 1.8% of the US population about 6 MILLION people??? Pretty significant, no?

Other than a random statistic Ruff, what was the point as I may have missed what you were referring to?

Hitler thought 6 million people was pretty significant ;;;;; just sayin!

We are not talking genocide here we are talking educating EMS about the atrocities of gays in EMS and I have already put in my more than my 2 % so ........

Yet the entire population of the Jewish people in Europe was 9.7 million according to a holocaust website I visited tonight.

The Jews were 1.8% of the entire European population.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005161 Quite a interesting website.

I'm not debating the figures.

But I don't think that comparing Hitler's treatment of the jews to the treatment of gays in the US is applicable to this discussion.

just sayin.

• Like 1

We went from Gay to Nazi, Wow... Gays do get discriminated. Elderly are discriminated against. Immigrants are discriminated against. Latinos are discriminated against. Trailer trash are discriminated against. Poor folks are discriminated against. Convicts are discriminated against. Asians are discriminated against. Bilingual are discriminated against. Rappers are discriminated against. Teachers are discriminated against. Welfare recipients are discriminated against. St Patty Day gets discriminated against. Alcoholics are discriminated against. Europeans are discriminated against. Heavy Metalists are discriminated against. Obese people are discriminated against. Anorexics are discriminated against. Hoarders are discriminated against. Whores are discriminated against. Popo are discriminated against. Muslims are discriminated against. Jews are discriminated against. Polygomists are discriminated against. Mormons are discriminated against. Penn Dutches are discriminated against. Medicaid holders are discriminated against. We all get some sort of discrimination... We all have felt it some way or another. Some a lot more than others but no one is exempted from discrimination.

• Like 1