Discrimination Against Gays

flamingemt2011

No need to be passive/aggressive here. If you have a problem with a member, call them out by name and quote them. I have an idea; however, if it bothers you enough to take a thread off topic, you may as well not beat around the bush, so to speak.

Take care,

chbare.

Just returning the favor. I wasn't quoted but it was obvious it was directed towards me. So that is why I did that. The saying should be, "Do onto others who've done onto you." However, I have no issues with anyone, this is all talk, nothing more.

I gave you another -1 for not paying attention to what other people are saying.

Dr phils post has so much awesomeoness in it its just oozing from the screen.

...Just a tad off topic but relevant. LGBTs who suck face and grope each other in front of children gets a punch in the face(s) but watching this in the library, where children do congregate, on the computer is protected by the Constitution. If you're inappropriate, you need to be spoken with. Inappropriate behaviors are not limited to just LGBTs. We can all behave inappropriately but civilized beings talk out frustrations. They do not punch one another in the face because one didn't like what one did. Violence is reserved for self, including love one's, defense and preservation. Not unless you're the U.S. Government or some members of society and on the City. Of course this is all just conjecture...

Man...it has truly become impossible to take you seriously any more. You argue by implication, post thread after thread with simply a linked article, without comment, as if you've done us some kind favor by gifting us with your 'idea', post after post of whiny content without making any significant effort to clearly outline a point or a solution to what irks you. What is it that you hope to accomplish here?

No need to be passive/aggressive here. If you have a problem with a member, call them out by name and quote them. I have an idea; however, if it bothers you enough to take a thread off topic, you may as well not beat around the bush, so to speak.

Take care,

chbare.

Yeah, not really his way to be clear and assertive. I can't imagine who he may be speaking of, but I do have to admit that I have witnessed the world become a better place after some folks get punched in the head....It's how I learned that not everyone at a party wanted to hear every......single....thought that goes through my head...and look at what a prize I turned into!

If you figure out who he's offended by let me know and I'll run over an punt his/her testicles/ovaries into the ozone..I like to helpful like that...

Dwayne

Was it really because my advice was poor, or just that it was contrary to what you believe ? None of us are all-knowing or are perfect, the fact that I have a view opposite of yours does not make me stupid or evil. Please also note that I originally asked for my gay bretheren to send me their stories, I did not accuse any member of this room of being a homophobe, nor did I entice straight people to jump in my conversation. I think over the past 7 pages, I have responded to everyone with respect. If you want to discuss veracity of posts, I would suggest you give a negative rating to the straight poster who threatened physical violence against any fags he saw kissing and groping each other. But I imagine he got positive points for that language, while I got negatives for simply asking questions. But I am used to it, the same thing happens every time I have a performance review, I get a lower rating than straights that I outperform on a daily basis, but I do not expect straight people to understand, as you have already decided that gays and blacks are looking for racism rather than experiencing it.

Don't BS a BS'er. This is a forum about EMS issues. If you were not looking for conflict, then why target your questions to a specific group? This is an open forum, and last time I checked, ANYONE can comment on any issue. There are no restrictions, you do not need to be an EMTB to comment on paramedic issues, nor do you need to be gay to comment on gay issues. If you want a response that agrees with your preconceived ideas, target your questions to a gay EMS site- if one exists.

If you are as quick to toss up your sexual orientation as a defense or defining characteristic at work as you are here, I'm thinking your performance reviews reflect that attitude. Being militant about something does not win you any friends when your "cause" has nothing to do with your job.

Here's a little friendly advice. I have been in a position to deal with discipline cases and in probably at least 75% of the cases where gender, sexual orientation, or racial discrimination claims have been made, the reality is far different. The person making the claims often had their own agendas and were simply looking for a vehicle to advance those agendas. In other cases, they were subpar employees, and lacking a legitimate defense for their actions or inactions, they claimed discrimination. In the past, the claim alone was enough to send the department into spasms because it nearly always meant a hefty settlement for someone. Eventually each claim was investigated by an independent group, and it was determined that many claims were unfounded. Are there problem?. Of course, but most of the time, there is more than meets the eye to these claims.

If you are truly being discriminated against at work, then you have a lawsuit. Go ahead and file, but you had better be certain you have all your ducks in a row and be able to document and offer verifiable evidence of how you do not deserve lower performance review ratings than your coworkers.

• Like 2

I feel discriminated against because I wasn't asked to participate. Hetero's were specifically discriminated against the OP by not being included in the discussion.

The study is without merit unless you address MY needs and point of view. It is all about me you know!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I feel discriminated against because I wasn't asked to participate. Hetero's were specifically discriminated against the OP by not being included in the discussion.

The study is without merit unless you address MY needs and point of view. It is all about me you know!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

LMAO

Me too. Time to file a lawsuit! It's lotto time, Ruff!

It's not white, is it?

I do my part.

Its a colour with no sexual or racial preferences ;)

Man...it has truly become impossible to take you seriously any more. You argue by implication, post thread after thread with simply a linked article, without comment, as if you've done us some kind favor by gifting us with your 'idea', post after post of whiny content without making any significant effort to clearly outline a point or a solution to what irks you. What is it that you hope to accomplish here?

Yeah, not really his way to be clear and assertive. I can't imagine who he may be speaking of, but I do have to admit that I have witnessed the world become a better place after some folks get punched in the head....It's how I learned that not everyone at a party wanted to hear every......single....thought that goes through my head...and look at what a prize I turned into!

If you figure out who he's offended by let me know and I'll run over an punt his/her testicles/ovaries into the ozone..I like to helpful like that...

Dwayne

You can post some good comments but many of them are filled with hate. If you're not cussing; you're just insulting ones who do not have the same perspective. You freely talk or in this case type without thinking. Are you that closed minded? Were you picked last in kickball? Did you sit alone in the lunchroom? Was "No" something that was said a lot to you? We all can insult like you but my reply is not to insult but to get you to understand the flaws within you. As you have pointed out for many of the City members. You're always calling the kettle black. Take someone else's lunch money.

There you have it, no link addresses... I just wanted you to know how it feels to post on someone's thread and insult them without referring to them by name or quote their post. I guess I am wrong to point that out to you. Of course this is all conjecture.

Well I lied. Here's the link to refresh you memory.

http://www.emtcity.com/index.php/topic/20112-hello-from-birmingham/page__pid__259210#entry259210

I rather not bicker about where the line is drawn on our lawn. Let's move on and strive for one thing; Progression of EMS... All the best...