Male Homosexual Partner

crotchitymedic1986

As a male medic/emt do you enjoy working with gay men  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• I am fine with it
    • I will if I have too
    • No way dude

Again, attack the messenger when you cant debate facts, but i have come to expect that. I will answer those that are "new" attacks, I have already answered the old ones:

1. I have emailed EEOC regarding what protection EEOC offers to homosexuals. Since you will not accept my facts, maybe you will accept theirs. As soon as i get a response, I will post it, and then will appreciate your immediate apologies.

2. I am not a homophobe, but I will admit that the phone conversations did creep me out at first. I heard the phone conversations because I was in the ambulance with him as he made the calls. I think to lie about that would make me hypocritical. I would also be uncomfortable around an eskimo the first time I met one, that doesnt make me an eskimophobe.

3. Funny, how you guys want to continue to make derrogatory comments as if I have been proven wrong in every conversation, but as a matter of fact, I have been proven right in every post (as I will in this one). Its a shame that many of you are not mature enough to admit when you are wrong. No one is 100% right every time, there is no shame in admitting you were wrong.

4. As far as those who say this is not a problem, only one or two people have written in to admit that they currently have an openly homosexual male working in their service. The fact that you have zero or one, may indicate that there is some bias at your service, or atleast with the person who makes the hiring decisions. Just because you do not care if they are homosexual or not (and I hope you do not), does not mean that you coworkers feel the same way.

P.S. Ruff: Thanks for the suggestions, but by the comments I am receiving in my inbox this week, I think I will continue to pick my own topics. My fans (who call themselves crotchies) seem to enjoy my rants and views (Attn Crotchies: please feel free to email me any topics you would like to see debated).

I am not a homophobe, but I will admit that the phone conversations did creep me out at first

In all fairness, Dan Savage, who writes the syndicated weekly sex-advice column "Savage Love," is militantly gay and fields inquiries from every possible permutation of attractions and antipathies that God's green earth affords. He receives queries (so to speak) from male, female, and undecided gays, straights and bents of all directions. When, after consulting knowledgeable informants, he addresses both straight and gay readers' questions about techniques for managing female plumbing, he often adds that he is personally revolted by the mental images that accompany contemplating any of it. It's funny. His point is that you can't help liking and disliking what you like and dislike; all you're obligated to do is leave people alone who doing that in their own way, unless they're actively suppressing your liberties.

I don't share many of his views, but it's refreshing to hear the outspoken distaste that a gay man expresses for phenomena that the majority unconsciously assume is universally attractive. Shoe on the other foot; instructive for our empathy.

Again, attack the messenger when you cant debate facts, but i have come to expect that. I will answer those that are "new" attacks, I have already answered the old ones:

Until I see the facts, there is nothing to debate. You have not provided any facts... no studies, no research, nothing. You have said that you sent an email - that does not constitute "facts." Show me recent lawsuits, show me recent demographic studies, show me something with some research and scientific analysis, and I will consider those to be facts. Until I see that, all you are providing is your opinion.

I have read this thread several times - I don't see any "attacks." I see other members requesting facts, questioning the wording and intent of your original post, and then questioning your replies as they have conflicted with your earlier posts. If you can't back up your posts with more than "you are attacking me" mentality, expect people to continue to ask you to prove your position.

And, to answer your original post - I don't care what my partner's sexual orientation is.. I don't care if my partner glows in the dark and sleeps with monkeys ... if he or she provides quality patient care and works as part of the team in the station and with other medical professionals, I am happy to work with them.

And, to answer your original post - I don't care what my partner's sexual orientation is.. I don't care if my partner glows in the dark and sleeps with monkeys ... if he or she provides quality patient care and works as part of the team in the station and with other medical professionals, I am happy to work with them.

I'd actually prefer it if my partner glowed in the dark.

My fans (who call themselves crotchies) seem to enjoy my rants and views

(Attn Crotchies: please feel free to email me any topics you would like to see debated).

Gosh where can I join up ? To this crotch fan club ?

You have got to me kidding me dude but that is the best joke I have heard all month.

DocHarris:

I'd actually prefer it if my partner glowed in the dark.

No way you would, I worked with one of THEM once ... its too hard to sleep in the same crews quarters.

I guess I just can't sleep with the lights on.

cheers

Gosh where can I join up ? To this crotch fan club ?

Good Grief You got to me kidding me dude !

DocHarris:

No way you would, I worked with one of them once ... its too hard to sleep in the same crews quarters.

cheers

Well we'd have to have seperate sleeping quarters and facilities. Separate, but equal. I mean I'd be okay with a glow in the dark partner as long as they didn't hit on me or touch me or anything.

Well we'd have to have seperate sleeping quarters and facilities. Separate, but equal. I mean I'd be okay with a glow in the dark partner as long as they didn't hit on me or touch me or anything.

Yea Docharris: I guess your right maybe I was too hard on him/her/it .... was just born that way I guess, shucks now I feel like a biggot or something .... sniff sniff.

3. Funny, how you guys want to continue to make derrogatory comments as if I have been proven wrong in every conversation, but as a matter of fact, I have been proven right in every post(as I will in this one). Its a shame that many of you are not mature enough to admit when you are wrong. No one is 100% right every time, there is no shame in admitting you were wrong...

This has got to be the funniest piece of crap I have ever read.