Male Homosexual Partner

crotchitymedic1986

As a male medic/emt do you enjoy working with gay men  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• I am fine with it
    • I will if I have too
    • No way dude

Its not back-tracking. It is the homophobic fear among straight males that keeps the homosexuals out. If you are willing to work with them, great; but i imagine that if most men in this room would be honest, they would say they would prefer not to have a homosexual partner on the ambulance.

I dont know the statistics but I believe there are more men active on this site than women... that being said there is no reason someone would lie in the above poll since that part is anonymous. Additionally... it would still apply to hetero women working with homo women.

Being honest is a really good idea Crotch.

Honestly, your homophobia is something you need to come to terms with. Both the wording of your question and your own words show that you have a problem you have not come to terms with, with regards to homosexuals. Worse, you think that everyone must share this. Not true.

I have absolutely no problem. My Aunt is a lesbian and her Wife is great. Two of my best friends are Gay and getting married in the fall (to each other). I introduced them to each other through my campus' first aid team. My mom's former business partner is Gay and an total jerk who I can't stand. One of the people within EMS that I can't stand; refuse to talk to unless its professional and have no time for is also Gay. They're people and aside from one aspect of their lives.

You know who I would have a problem being partnered with. The ignorant. In any form.

You are totally missing the point, this isnt about sex, its about discrimination. And unfortunately EMS/Fire is still mostly run by homophobes.

The post title is "Male HOMOSEXUAL Partner"

Don't try to backtrack and say this is about general discrimination.

Its not back-tracking.

Ummm :?: :?: :?: ok its not back tracking by any means... just like homosexuals have no rights even though any form of harrasment regarding sex or sexuality is sexual discrimination?

You are missing the subtle difference between being hired or not.

It is not sexual harassment if you are not hired because you are gay. It is sexual harassment if you put vibrators in his locker or touched him inappropriately. Not hiring a woman because she is a woman is GENDER BIAS, not sexual harassment.

You are missing the subtle difference between being hired or not.

It is not sexual harassment if you are not hired because you are gay. It is sexual harassment if you put vibrators in his locker or touched him inappropriately. Not hiring a woman because she is a woman is GENDER BIAS, not sexual harassment.

Ok first and foremost your talking about two different things yourself... its not just me. We are both talking about on the job as well as hiring.

Secondly... who the hell said that it is physical only? Sexual harrasment can be verbal as well!

Oh and uh, I believe being gender biased in the work place is ALSO discrimination.

For the second time:

http://www.eeoc.gov/types/sexual_harassment.html

Sexual Harassment

Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government.

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.

Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:

*The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.

*The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee.

*The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.

*Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to or discharge of the victim.

*The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome.

It is helpful for the victim to inform the harasser directly that the conduct is unwelcome and must stop. The victim should use any employer complaint mechanism or grievance system available.

When investigating allegations of sexual harassment, EEOC looks at the whole record: the circumstances, such as the nature of the sexual advances, and the context in which the alleged incidents occurred. A determination on the allegations is made from the facts on a case-by-case basis.

Prevention is the best tool to eliminate sexual harassment in the workplace. Employers are encouraged to take steps necessary to prevent sexual harassment from occurring. They should clearly communicate to employees that sexual harassment will not be tolerated. They can do so by providing sexual harassment training to their employees and by establishing an effective complaint or grievance process and taking immediate and appropriate action when an employee complains.

It is also unlawful to retaliate against an individual for opposing employment practices that discriminate based on sex or for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or litigation under Title VII.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and by the way.... gays have no rights or protection in the hiring/firing process?

http://www.eeoc.gov/abouteeo/overview_practices.html

Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), it is illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment, including:

hiring and firing;

compensation, assignment, or classification of employees;

transfer, promotion, layoff, or recall;

job advertisements;

recruitment;

testing;

use of company facilities;

training and apprenticeship programs;

fringe benefits;

pay, retirement plans, and disability leave; or

other terms and conditions of employment.

Discriminatory practices under these laws also include:

harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age;

retaliation against an individual for filing a charge of discrimination, participating in an investigation, or opposing discriminatory practices;

employment decisions based on stereotypes or assumptions about the abilities, traits, or performance of individuals of a certain sex, race, age, religion, or ethnic group, or individuals with disabilities; and

denying employment opportunities to a person because of marriage to, or association with, an individual of a particular race, religion, national origin, or an individual with a disability. Title VII also prohibits discrimination because of participation in schools or places of worship associated with a particular racial, ethnic, or religious group.

Employers are required to post notices to all employees advising them of their rights under the laws EEOC enforces and their right to be free from retaliation. Such notices must be accessible, as needed, to persons with visual or other disabilities that affect reading.

Note: Many states and municipalities also have enacted protections against discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation, status as a parent, marital status and political affiliation. For information, please contact the EEOC District Office nearest you.

and where did you see the words gay or homosexual in all that ?

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.

Harrassing someone based on their sexuality is regarding SEXUAL NATURE!

Legal protections for LGBT people in Canada

- Section 15 Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

- Reinforced by Egan v. Canada, Supreme Court 1995

- Every provincial Human Rights Acts explicitly recognizes sexual orientation beginning with Quebec in 1977. Alberta does not specifically mention it as Vriend v. Alberta found that the omission of it did not mean it wasn't covered. (I think, I only skimmed this one)