Male Homosexual Partner

crotchitymedic1986

As a male medic/emt do you enjoy working with gay men  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• I am fine with it
    • I will if I have too
    • No way dude

Additionally if you read this page... sexual harrasment falls under sex based discrimination. Thus showing that Sexual Discrimination is merley a blanket term, it does in no way imply it is soley based on gender if you read through the sexual harrasment section... wich I have now posted twice.

http://www.eeoc.gov/types/sex.html

Sex-Based Discrimination

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects individuals against employment discrimination on the basis of sex as well as race, color, national origin, and religion. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government.

It is unlawful to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of his/her sex in regard to hiring, termination, promotion, compensation, job training, or any other term, condition, or privilege of employment. Title VII also prohibits employment decisions based on stereotypes and assumptions about abilities, traits, or the performance of individuals on the basis of sex. Title VII prohibits both intentional discrimination and neutral job policies that disproportionately exclude individuals on the basis of sex and that are not job related.

Title VII's prohibitions against sex-based discrimination also cover:

Sexual Harassment

This includes practices ranging from direct requests for sexual favors to workplace conditions that create a hostile environment for persons of either gender, including same sex harassment.

http://www.eeoc.gov/types/sexual_harassment.html

Pregnancy Based Discrimination

Title VII was amended by the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions.

The Equal Pay Act of 1963 requires that men and women be given equal pay for equal work in the same establishment. The jobs need not be identical, but they must be substantially equal. Title VII also prohibits compensation discrimination on the basis of sex. Unlike the Equal Pay Act, however, Title VII does not require that the claimant's job be substantially equal to that of a higher paid person of the opposite sex or require the claimant to work in the same establishment.

It is also unlawful to retaliate against an individual for opposing employment practices that discriminate based on sex or for filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding, or litigation under Title VII.

THIS JUST IN HOT OFF THE PRESSES!!! For a second time!!!

Ill pick up the phone once you start reading.

http://www.eeoc.gov/abouteeo/overview_practices.html

Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), it is illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment, including:

hiring and firing;

compensation, assignment, or classification of employees;

transfer, promotion, layoff, or recall;

job advertisements;

recruitment;

testing;

use of company facilities;

training and apprenticeship programs;

fringe benefits;

pay, retirement plans, and disability leave; or

other terms and conditions of employment.

Discriminatory practices under these laws also include:

harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age;

retaliation against an individual for filing a charge of discrimination, participating in an investigation, or opposing discriminatory practices;

employment decisions based on stereotypes or assumptions about the abilities, traits, or performance of individuals of a certain sex, race, age, religion, or ethnic group, or individuals with disabilities; and

denying employment opportunities to a person because of marriage to, or association with, an individual of a particular race, religion, national origin, or an individual with a disabilityTitle VII also prohibits discrimination because of participation in schools or places of worship associated with a particular racial, ethnic, or religious group.

Employers are required to post notices to all employees advising them of their rights under the laws EEOC enforces and their right to be free from retaliation. Such notices must be accessible, as needed, to persons with visual or other disabilities that affect reading.

Note: Many states and municipalities also have enacted protections against discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation, status as a parent, marital status and political affiliation. For information, please contact the EEOC District Office nearest you

Discrimination does not equal harassment. They are different terms they do not mean the same thing. What exactly are you trying to argue here Crotch?

Edit: I was going to add more but Chris' last edit said exactly what I was going to.

I am suggesting that discrimination against homosexual males is still alive and well in Fire-EMS, and I dont think we are overly concerned about righting this wrong. I imagine that if i surveyed 1000 male medics and told them we were about to hire a "gay man", but changed our mind cause we dont want those queers sharing our showers and beds, and then surveyed another 1000 and said we were about to hire a black guy, but changed our mind cause we dont want those spades sharing our showers and beds, I think I would get two dramatically different responses.

I am suggesting that discrimination against homosexual males is still alive and well in Fire-EMS, and I dont think we are overly concerned about righting this wrong. I imagine that if i surveyed 1000 male medics and told them we were about to hire a "gay man", but changed our mind cause we dont want those queers sharing our showers and beds, and then surveyed another 1000 and said we were about to hire a black guy, but changed our mind cause we dont watn those spades sharing our showers and beds, I think I would get two dramatically different responses.

I think the point of the survey would be to get their thoughts on either candidate... not say your going to hire them and change your mind. If you feed them something like "we arnt going to hire them because..." will give you a completley different response than if you just say your going to hire them.

I am begining to feel more and more that you are quite a biggot.

And I think you're projecting your homophobia onto everyone else. I'll admit that there are homophobic providers out there, just as there are racist providers, those that beat their wives, those that drive drunk and those that are medically incompetent. You know what they all have in common, none should have a place in EMS or any other part of Healthcare.

If management is allowing discrimination is hiring process this is a system problem and that system needs to be overhauled ASAP. If the individual providers are making a hostile work environment for a homosexual provider, than that problem is easy to solve. Fire them. Same goes for race, sex, age and all the other things covered under discrimination.