Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

It specifically defines psychological aggression as something that has an "intent to do harm" as opposed to "unintentional" harm.

I miss the relevance of this article to the discussion at hand

harm (plural harms) 1. Injury; hurt; damage; detriment; misfortune.

practical joke (plural practical jokes) 1. Something done for amusement to the detriment of someone else.

detriment (plural detriments) 1. harm, hurt, damage.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one I am not self righteous. I have clearly stated I am all for fun. Yes I realize fun relieves stress and actually can unite a crew. But practical jokes that can do harm, can delay care, can make us look unprofessional should not and actually have no place in EMS. A verbal joke or prank that is cleared up on same shift so false rumors don't get around and accidentally ruin someones reputation are questionable but again if they are cleared up before can be fun. But sadly I have seen a good funny joke get started then the crews on duty run none stop. Crews not knowledgeable of the prank then found the material about the one being pranked and a reputation was ruined. It took a long time to convince all that learned about it that the entire thing was a joke. So even a joke that did not delay care caused harm. In fact some still think administration is covering up the issue by claiming it was a harmless joke.

So again I say have fun but do it so no physical or even reputations are harmed. In my department I'm actually known to be very fun, yet I have never physically done anything to anyone or anyones equipment and I have not harmed their reputation.

Dwayne at times your posts shock me and honestly this time it did.

You were warned about me? Now that is pretty funny considering some of the opinionated members we have here. Please enlighten me as to who it is that fears me (you or he/she can feel free to PM if you are not comfortable posting it publicly). LOL. I rarely get involved in any of the more heated discussions, except when someone such as you decides to pull me in. I generally sit on the sides and laugh at the stupidity of some people and only get involved to keep facts correct. I would be more than happy to post a poll, though I think it will be shut down by admin pretty quick. I am also an optimist and hold out some hope for you. It is nice to have members who are as active as you are so it would be a shame to lose you, if only you didn't need to show your junk all the time.

Warned about me, I just can't get over that.

:laughing3:

LOL If you were warned about ERDoc your hanging out with the wrong crowd. :lol::lol:

Now Dwayne :twisted: :lol::lol::lol::lol::D

It is nice to have members who are as active as you are so it would be a shame to lose you, if only you didn't need to show your junk all the time.

Now I'm so conflicted, Dwayne says I post too much in an effort to get my count higher, yet you appreciate an active poster...what to do, what to do. :roll:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Now that is a comment I can respect. So long as it is justified. Accusing me of posting garbage just so I can get my post count up? That is absurd and offensive, even if it is his opinion. I post garbage because it's fun. :D

Michael I just love you man but it just doesn't follow. This statement is a clear example of selection fallacy, whereby picking 3 definitions out of the thousands in the dictionary is designed to convince of the truth of an argument. Tsk tsk Michael... perhaps with others but not with me.... :wink:

I cant believe that the most informed and intelligent posters on this site are taking pot shots at each other over MISREADING each other's statements. It is beyond ridiculous. Would everyone please take a deep breath and re-read the statements. I believe the original comment about churning post counts was directed at the OP, and NOT Artickat. After that we were off to the races..... (BTW - I disagree with the motivation ascribed to the OP - I think he is a smart, experienced medic with an acerbic personal style which he clearly warns against in his screen name.)

Now I may be wrong, but jeez folks, this is a great discussion. I personally will be on guard against practical jokes that have the possibility of escalating but I am not in the camp that all jokes are bad and unprofessional. The discussion has expanded my mind and affected my behavior for the better. That's what the best postings do.

The only two on here who seem to have issue with me are you and Dwayne, and I was warned about you long before the two of you decided to jump me.

The only thing I remember having said to you before was that I was offended that you wanted a thread locked. You had accused someone of arrogance if I remember right, and I made the point that it was terribly arrogant to think that you should decide what we should read and discus and what we shouldn’t. I still think so.

Shrug, you get 10 guys on here within the next 48 hours to say that this board will be better off without my presence and I will leave, never to post again, unlike some others in here.

You show your ignorance even more so with this statement for two reasons. First, I can get 30 soldiers signed up as new member is the next three hours that will tell you to pack your bags...you challenge is ridiculously easy.

Second, I have no desire to chase you away, only to attempt to challenge you to stop cluttering the threads with mindless comments. It dilutes and cheapens the threads as well as forces some of us to view your intelligent posts as ignorance gotten lucky. I want you to stay, and participate and argue with me, to correct my opinions and help me be smarter tomorrow than I am today. That won't happen if you're gone.

Warned about me, I just can't get over that. :laughing3:

There is only one other member that I've made such comments to Doc, and that doesn't bode well for Kat's future intelligence, as I'm guessing he and EMTDon (or whatever his name is) are buddies. Don is tireless in his ignorance...let's hope it's not catching.

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.