Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

Dude baby powder on the fan blade of the fan..... HAHAHA if its above the bed and they go to lay down POOF hahahahah ITS awesome

HAHAHA NOT. Tone drops and you look like a moron responding. Plus as mentioned by someone else you could trigger respiratory problems in fact the powder on your clothes could make your patient have more difficulty.

I can not believe we have this many unprofessional people in our profession.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA NOT. Tone drops and you look like a moron responding. Plus as mentioned by someone else you could trigger respiratory problems in fact the powder on your clothes could make your patient have more difficulty.

I can not believe we have this many unprofessional people in our profession.

LOL dude its a joke plus we carry multiple uniforms its a policy.... People will live i promise...... its like the water above the door i guess i could put them in hypothermia but dude its just a joke man its all good....lol

LOL dude its a joke plus we carry multiple uniforms its a policy.... People will live i promise...... its like the water above the door i guess i could put them in hypothermia but dude its just a joke man its all good....lol

Dude changing uniforms after a tone is delaying patient care and yes people with respiratory problems can die. Time to grow up.

It's all good until you have to tube me. Good luck with that attitude! Reminds me of the self-absorbed high school chicks and sorority women who "don't understand" why I just "can't deal" with a "little perfume" and just let them spray it everywhere...

Heaven forbid you should actually have to think about the well-being or interests of someone else.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

When I was with the FD, we had guidelines for practical jokes (unwritten, of course), where they were generally considered "ok" only IF:

1. It didn't involve PPE or personal gear (ie putting water in fire boots and freezing them)

2. Didn't involve the service status of apparatus

3. The person was able to respond without delay

4. There was nothing "offensive" about the joke

5. At no time would the safety of the crew come in jeopardy

Outside of this, the department would discipline those responsible.

Oh my god, what is this world coming to ? You guys never did the piece of paper loaded with baby powder, placed on the sunvisor, or putting cellaphane over the urinals or toilet rim (below the seat) ? Or did the old trick where you put a bag of IV fluid under someones mattress, and ran extension tubing behind the window blinds, so evertime they laid down, they got a squirt of fluid ? Never rewired the switches in the box, so that when you turned the compartment lights on, the call buzzer would steadily go off in the cab ?

Iamyourgod er I mean Crotchity - You need to grow up and get a clue. Jeminy christmas you are immature. YOU Do any of the practical jokes on me and your gonna wish you hadn't. I'll have your butt out of my department so fast your head will spin. But now I hear that you are out of EMS so what the HELL are you posting all these moral high horse stories here? Please go find a forum that better accepts your trolling and go away. I for one am nearly done with responding to you.

ok, baby powder on visor, pull visor down get powder on you. many peoples first thought would be someone put this powder in my rig as a attack on my person. Anyone out there hear of the anthrax powder or the unidentified powder in the mail????

Until it is determined that powder is a haz mat incident and that INDEED takes a unit out of service.

I for one will be SUPER FRICKING TOTALLY PISSED OFF if someone did that.

Practical jokes are for immature whackers who have nothing better to do than think of ways to BE STUPID. Dare I accuse anyone here of stupidity but if it affects me in a negative way then I'm gonna be pissed.

Practical jokes are to be left outside the station and done off duty. I for one do not like practical jokes and if I ran a EMS service there would be a Zero policy on practical jokes.

I have been the brunt of a practical joke that nearly killed me when I was a brand new EMT (300 or so mg's of lasix in my coke). You can imagine what happened. I have written about it in the past and will not do so again but short end of the story is I spent 1 day in the ICU for critical electrolyte imbalances.

We are wanting to be perceived as professionals and professionals DO NOT do this type of behaviour.

Really? 172 Pages? Can I just assume it says that practical jokes are a form of bullying and hazing that is not acceptable or are you gonna make me read all that? :D

No - what it is is a Danish article which looks at 4 other articles all dealing with "the prevalence and long-term consequences of physical and psychological aggression in the form of nasty teasing and violence and/or threats of violence and short-term consequences of bullying at work including physiological stress response in victims"

It specifically defines psychological aggression as something that has an "intent to do harm" as opposed to "unintentional" harm.

While I generally enjoy most things Michael posts, I miss the relevance of this article to the discussion at hand, unless it is intended to refer to the behaviors of some of the posters to this thread. Perhaps I am being obtuse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.