Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

Oh goody, here we go again with another 12 pages of Crotch's "What ifs..."

Yeah, with about half of it made up of the idiotic responses you use to pad your post count. Try building numbers with intelligence instead of this, "I'm so smart that I can't be bothered" stupidity. It seems like I remember you having a couple of smart posts, it's unfortunate that in the other 80% or so that you go out or your way to be childish and ignorant.

Yeah, the "No practical jokes or someone could die" mentality is a little hardcore for me. If I'm intelligent enough to do decent medicine, which of course is constantly in question, then perhaps I'm intelligent enough to consider the ramifications of some silly joke.

I'm not a big fan of regular practical jokes. If they're clever, non destructive, and don't involve touching my things, hell, burn off a little steam. If I or my things will be damaged or endangered, or my response times compromised, then it's time to grow up and think of the mission first. Laughter and good feelings though are also good for teamwork, which is also good for the mission, and that should be figured in as well.

People that are all bound up, tense and constantly serious in my opinion rarely if ever rank amongst the medics that appear strongest to me. There is a balance to all things..simply find the logical, intelligent, responsible one here.

And for the record, I’ve always found the plastic wrap over the toilet bowel to be pretty friggin hilarious. Just sayin’….

Dwayne

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, what I hate about this thread, every time it comes up, is the self-righteous attitudes.

Play a practical joke and your unprofessional, you compromise patient safety, you endanger the health of your coworkers and the profession as a whole.

What a bunch of utter bullshit. I've got a family full of Dr.s and nurses, as well as know a few paramedics that are considered the ultimate in professionalism, yet have never know, not a single one, that was so uptight as to freak out over a harmless joke. When folks get tired, they do silly things. And at silly times, silly things can be funny as hell, as well as a way to hit the mental reset button before people start to go at each other's throats.

It's well known to those that I work with that I NEVER pass gas, burp, blow my nose or dispense any other bodily substances in the presence of others. I just have a thing about that, don't do it, not ever.

Once, of the guys here that is rather proud of his flatulence snuck up and passed gas next to me during a meeting, and of course everyone around me smelled it long before I could escape, and made a huge deal out of my "lack of manners." It was hilarious...we were all tired, and cold, and didn't want to be in this briefing, and because of that it was exactly the right thing at exactly the right moment.

Not a single person actually believed that I was guilty of the offense, but they had an awesome time giving me hell about it, I was fine being the brunt of the joke (didn't touch my stuff, impune my ability to respond, or damage more then our senses of smell) and everyone got to blow of a little steam…so to speak.

It was a practical joke. It happened in the workplace while many of use were tasked to respond to calls.

But I now read this thread and find that because I participated that I can no longer be considered professional, nor a patient advocate, nor anything really but a behaviorally pathologic anchor to the EMS profession as a whole.

Yeah, right.

Dwayne

ok, after having my hand slapped by a very very very good friend on here I have reconsidered my earlier post and I think I need to clarify what I wrote. I am pleading mea culpa and I blame a very bad experience secondary to a terrible practical joke played on me. Here is what I wrote my buddy.

"I am not for 100% banning of practical jokes, a spoken joke at the expense of someone is fine, kyjelly on the ambulance doors is fine but anything more detailed I think needs to be left to the off hours.

You remember my story on the lasix in my coke, that was a practical joke that got me nearly killed and also a co-worker fired and license removed permanently.

I have seen good practical jokes and some have been played on me and if they dont' bother my response times then kids will be kids but tact and sensitivity need to be observed. Too many times practical jokes can be taken the wrong way and this is where feelings get hurt, people get mad and people might get fired.

The baby powder in the visor that then comes down on me is out of line, if the perpetrators are no where to be found then I'm going to consider this an attack on me based on the powdery substances sent to the postal service will make me consider it an attack on me and my ambulance and that's not cool. "

Well there it is, re-evaluating what I really felt after my friends chastisement and also my own personal feelings on the matter I think that I have a different perspective on things now.

Man, what I hate about this thread, every time it comes up, is the self-righteous attitudes.

Play a practical joke and your unprofessional, you compromise patient safety, you endanger the health of your coworkers and the profession as a whole.

What a bunch of utter bullshit. I've got a family full of Dr.s and nurses, as well as know a few paramedics that are considered the ultimate in professionalism, yet have never know, not a single one, that was so uptight as to freak out over a harmless joke. When folks get tired, they do silly things. And at silly times, silly things can be funny as hell, as well as a way to hit the mental reset button before people start to go at each other's throats.

It's well known to those that I work with that I NEVER pass gas, burp, blow my nose or dispense any other bodily substances in the presence of others. I just have a thing about that, don't do it, not ever.

Once, of the guys here that is rather proud of his flatulence snuck up and passed gas next to me during a meeting, and of course everyone around me smelled it long before I could escape, and made a huge deal out of my "lack of manners." It was hilarious...we were all tired, and cold, and didn't want to be in this briefing, and because of that it was exactly the right thing at exactly the right moment.

Not a single person actually believed that I was guilty of the offense, but they had an awesome time giving me hell about it, I was fine being the brunt of the joke (didn't touch my stuff, impune my ability to respond, or damage more then our senses of smell) and everyone got to blow of a little steam…so to speak.

It was a practical joke. It happened in the workplace while many of use were tasked to respond to calls.

But I now read this thread and find that because I participated that I can no longer be considered professional, nor a patient advocate, nor anything really but a behaviorally pathologic anchor to the EMS profession as a whole.

Yeah, right.

Dwayne

but Dwayne, I'm not talking about that type of joke, I'm talking about the one that may have an effect on response times, or personal safety or downright injure someone. Those are the types of practical jokes that I'm talking about. I just posted a mea culpa and I am not against these types of PJ's(practical jokes) just the ones that affect a persons well being or safety or response time.

I hear ya Ruff...

The problem with threads like these, as with say, spanking arguments is that we're arguing an undefined label and not specific behaviors. I see where you're coming from, but the assault that happened to you would not be considered a joke to any responsible adult I know, and certainly isn't even on the radar for a professional medic.

Jokes are good, they are fun, unless they come in a constant stream, which doesn't work for me. We need to have this discussion without the absolutes, the recriminations and the self righteousness. Put baby powder on my visor and I'm going to hunt you down and feed it to you...you can count on that. Make people think I don't even have basic social skills, that can be funny, if it's meant to be funny.

A friend of mine from Bagram Afg wrote a gnarly hate letter, cut the header out of an email that he'd sent to about 50 people at my previous company, pasted it on the top of his hate email, and sent it to himself from my account, which I had left open. I saw the hateful text, which I abhor, with the header showing it went to everyone who was anyone and immediately went into kill mode. I blasted out of my chair and as I was doing so could hear him yelling, "It's a fake!! It's a fake God damnit!! I didn't send it to anyone!!"

So I'm standing there all puffed up like a peacock, fully in John Wayne mode, when I discover, as I would have known had I thought instead of simply acting, that I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go!

The other medics are laughing so hard that there are tears running down their faces...I'm feeling like such an asshole that I can't breath for laughing, it was perfect.

That's my idea of a first rate practical joke. SENDING the letter would have been over the line, plus it would have been easy, only a stupid person would have found that funny. Like the powder on the fan blade. What fun is it if any mental midget can do it? But he considered who I was, how I thought, and bargained on my behavior being what it was to make it work, and like a sap I stepped right into his little trap...that's awesome.

I think we should return this thread to the OP now, allow people to discuss their greatest practical jokes, and hopefully those that have played the ones that many of us find objectionable will learn from this thread instead of having everyone constantly re explain why they're simply beyond redemption because they didn't think of all of this stuff before.

Dwayne

Yeah, with about half of it made up of the idiotic responses you use to pad your post count. Try building numbers with intelligence instead of this, "I'm so smart that I can't be bothered" stupidity. It seems like I remember you having a couple of smart posts, it's unfortunate that in the other 80% or so that you go out or your way to be childish and ignorant.

Post counts only matter to losers who think it actually means something. I, personally, couldn't give a flying crap, fortunately, I'm not here to impress you. Funny though, Crotch has more redundant posts on one page than I have posts in the entire thread, his post average is over double mine, only because he keeps flogging dead horses, yet you're worried about me? I'm honoured, better be careful though, he might sneak up with a higher post count than you and you will be forced to bow down to his higher ranking. :roll: Maybe you think paying to be a city sponsor has bought you some respect? Personally, I chose the anonymous box because I don't have to compensate for something and announce to the world with every post I make that I paid money to get all those stars.

Honestly, I prefer forums that don't have a message count, just because of people like you who think of it as some sort of rank or competition.

See the quoted text above and return to rebuilding that glass house you just shattered. It took you longer than I expected to put in your 2 cents, I guess you've been busy counting all my posts to ensure the number is correct. :lol: <--Laughing at you, not with you. Self righteous indeed!! Since the last time you bashed me in the other thread I have expected you to come hunt me down do your holier than thou spew again, every board has one like you and I will not be intimidated. My avatar is rather unique, if you don't like what I say, don't read my posts. I'd hate to waste your precious time or have you drop an IQ point or two from my meaningless drivel....Lord knows you can't spare to lose them.

Dwayne's story might suggest the wrong lesson to those with poorer judgment; George Bernard Shaw warns: "Do not do unto others as you would expect they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same."

People who don't understand the Principle of Non-Aggression need to have their heads beaten in.

Post counts only matter to losers who think it actually means something. I, personally, couldn't give a flying crap, fortunately, I'm not here to impress you. Funny though, Crotch has more redundant posts on one page than I have posts in the entire thread, his post average is over double mine, only because he keeps flogging dead horses, yet you're worried about me? I'm honoured, better be careful though, he might sneak up with a higher post count than you and you will be forced to bow down to his higher ranking. :roll: Maybe you think paying to be a city sponsor has bought you some respect? Personally, I chose the anonymous box because I don't have to compensate for something and announce to the world with every post I make that I paid money to get all those stars.

Honestly, I prefer forums that don't have a message count, just because of people like you who think of it as some sort of rank or competition.

See the quoted text above and return to rebuilding that glass house you just shattered. It took you longer than I expected to put in your 2 cents, I guess you've been busy counting all my posts to ensure the number is correct. :lol: <--Laughing at you, not with you. Self righteous indeed!! Since the last time you bashed me in the other thread I have expected you to come hunt me down do your holier than thou spew again, every board has one like you and I will not be intimidated. My avatar is rather unique, if you don't like what I say, don't read my posts. I'd hate to waste your precious time or have you drop an IQ point or two from my meaningless drivel....Lord knows you can't spare to lose them.

Are you serious? It is a slow day for me today and I have watched you increase this post at least 3 or 4 times. Are you just sitting at home brewing over this thread, wondering what else you can add? If it upsets you that much maybe you should reconsider posting. Seriously dude, you seem to battle everyone that you come up against. It is you that sounds like you are trying to conpensate for something (or lack there of). You are going after several good members who have been here for a long time and have had valuable things to add to conversations. I wish I could say the same about you. What is your problem?

The only two on here who seem to have issue with me are you and Dwayne, and I was warned about you long before the two of you decided to jump me. Shrug, you get 10 guys on here within the next 48 hours to say that this board will be better off without my presence and I will leave, never to post again, unlike some others in here.

Happy now?

The only two on here who seem to have issue with me are you and Dwayne, and I was warned about you long before the two of you decided to jump me. Shrug, you get 10 guys on here within the next 48 hours to say that this board will be better off without my presence and I will leave, never to post again, unlike some others in here.

Happy now?

You were warned about me? Now that is pretty funny considering some of the opinionated members we have here. Please enlighten me as to who it is that fears me (you or he/she can feel free to PM if you are not comfortable posting it publicly). LOL. I rarely get involved in any of the more heated discussions, except when someone such as you decides to pull me in. I generally sit on the sides and laugh at the stupidity of some people and only get involved to keep facts correct. I would be more than happy to post a poll, though I think it will be shut down by admin pretty quick. I am also an optimist and hold out some hope for you. It is nice to have members who are as active as you are so it would be a shame to lose you, if only you didn't need to show your junk all the time.

Warned about me, I just can't get over that.

:laughing3:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.