Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

What is t he funniest practical joke you or your coworkers have ever played on another co-worker ?

I think one of the funniest things I have seen is when one of our employees spent the night drinking way too much. He had his designated driver drop him off at the station, so he wouldnt oversleep for his shift the next day (this was a private provider, many years ago). Once he passed out, the guys carried him and his bed outside to the adjacent apartment complex, and set his bed in the middle of the tennis court. Lets just say he had a very strange awakening. You had to be there.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My EMT partner last shift is very tall - 6'6" and I am the tallest woman at 6'. Our erstwhile colleagues amused themselves by moving the seats up in our rig. We would jump in and re-introduce our chins to our knees. This happened twice. We retaliated - we had to.. it was the honor of the team at stake... We put KY on the door handles of their rig, water on the seats and Arby's sauce in the gloves...

And before you all go ape, our 3 teams of 1 EMT - 1 Paramedic ran 27 calls between noon and 3 am with one a long distance transfer. Our response times are monitored and we have to answer for anything substandard. We did a bang up job.

My EMT partner last shift is very tall - 6'6" and I am the tallest woman at 6'. Our erstwhile colleagues amused themselves by moving the seats up in our rig. We would jump in and re-introduce our chins to our knees. This happened twice. We retaliated - we had to.. it was the honor of the team at stake... We put KY on the door handles of their rig, water on the seats and Arby's sauce in the gloves...

And before you all go ape, our 3 teams of 1 EMT - 1 Paramedic ran 27 calls between noon and 3 am with one a long distance transfer. Our response times are monitored and we have to answer for anything substandard. We did a bang up job.

I'm disappointed in you. Seriously even if nothing was delayed this time what happens next time when someone gets hurt and patient care is delayed. And even if you met the bogus out the door times is it possible you could have been out the door a few seconds quicker w/o the practical jokes. I'm all for fun but nothing physical. I do not want my clothes or boots messed up. I want to look professional, KY smeared on my clothes from the door incident makes me look dirty.

You know the little jokes like that I like Kaisu. (The seat one especially) Easy to set up, only seconds to recover from and usually everyone has a good laugh and moves on. Kinda like snap gum.

I disagree.

If you put water on my seat getting my pants wet which distracts me, and draws attention to my narrow butt, we would probably have a meeting with management and you (generic you) would probably be written up and maybe sent home for the day.

Do you (generic) think Doctors/Nurses/Dentists/ even x-ray techs do this stuff to eachother?

Practical jokes are performed after work in my books.

Oh my god, what is this world coming to ? You guys never did the piece of paper loaded with baby powder, placed on the sunvisor, or putting cellaphane over the urinals or toilet rim (below the seat) ? Or did the old trick where you put a bag of IV fluid under someones mattress, and ran extension tubing behind the window blinds, so evertime they laid down, they got a squirt of fluid ? Never rewired the switches in the box, so that when you turned the compartment lights on, the call buzzer would steadily go off in the cab ?

Oh my god, what is this world coming to ? You guys never did the piece of paper loaded with baby powder, placed on the sunvisor, or putting cellaphane over the urinals or toilet rim (below the seat) ? Or did the old trick where you put a bag of IV fluid under someones mattress, and ran extension tubing behind the window blinds, so evertime they laid down, they got a squirt of fluid ? Never rewired the switches in the box, so that when you turned the compartment lights on, the call buzzer would steadily go off in the cab ?

No I am a professional I am not at the good old boys club. Plus everything you described could harm patient care, whether by delays or even distracting care givers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.