Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

Agreed, that was an ignorant challenge because I would have assumed you would be honourable regarding the challenge and not have to pad your numbers with new recruits to the city to win my challenge. I had assumed you would select city regulars who actually care about this site. I guess my assumptions are wrong.

Ok, finally I give up. You simply are an idiot. Not misunderstood, not silly because you became disgruntled, simply an idiot. How was your assumption wrong? What part of my behavior do you find dishonorable? Who is to gain if I jump on your bandwagon and attempt to get a bunch of people to rally against you? I have many friends here, but not a single one that would support me in such destructive behavior, nor have any respect for me is I participated in such an idiotic thing. I chose not to do so, and as usual you have a attempted to create the most potent negative you could think of from that. That God you’re really not that good at any of this.

Clearly, your posts continue to be irrelevant and ineffective,...

I’ve never claimed otherwise.

.. I may take time to be bothered to read what you think of me in the future, but don't expect me to respond any further to your schoolyard bullying.

The fact that you choose to cry at every comment instead of discuss it like a grown up doesn't make me a bully. I've heard from someone I trust that you're a strong contributor on another board. Smart, intelligent, considerate. To bad you decided to be a wuss on this one.

I asked you kindly to stop polluting our threads with pointless comments that did nothing to contribute but only drew attention to yourself. You told me to go pound sand, that you'd clutter the threads if you wanted to.

I criticized you for polluting the threads and you told me you would continue to do so because you thought it was fun.

And now, at least you've become entertaining in your constant "poor me" crybaby crap. I've just been sitting back munching popcorn brother.

...For the record, the warning I got regarding ERDoc was that if I crossed him he would chew me up, spit me out and use my shattered bones to clean his teeth...

I've never seen this happen and I've said a truckload of idiot things in conversations with him. He is kind enough to challenge us all to be smarter, to think deeper, to validate our logic, and yeah, some weak minded people consider that unkind and aggressive. You seem to be one of them.

... you were the only one I was warned was an asshole.

I've never claimed to be otherwise, though it's not my intent. And this doesn't narrow down the search for your mysterious, almost certainly imaginary, friend, as almost everyone I know would fit that comment in somewhere in a description of me.

I'd like to check you our on the other sites you post to. (unfortunatley you will likely read that as a threat. But it is not) I think you are almost certainly smart, and can be kind and interesting. I think maybe you made a bad start here, or perhaps wanted to see what it was like to play the ass on a site that you're not personally invested in. I hope I'm right...I hope I find that I find that I owe you a wheelbarrow full of apologies.

And for the record. I'm not sure where you got the idea about me "hunting you down" in the threads. I've been involved in these threads a few days before you found them, our meetings come from clicking on like threads as we seem to have common interests, but you can trust me when I tell you that I don’t give you enough thought that it would cause me to make the effort to hunt you down.

Dwayne

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you two, this is bubba, Ruff's friend.

If you two don't stop cluttering up this top quality best of the best thread I'm gonna take you both out to the playground and kick sand and gravel in your faces.

You both are more mature than this and I'm asking that you both take it to PM's and stop the madness. Can't we all just get along.

If you both continue to whine and cry about who's epeen is bigger and all that I'll bring Achmed the Dead Terrorist to pay you a visit.

...This posting is not a reference to any particular thread, but instead a comment on a pattern that has been emerging on this site for quite some time. I find myself visiting the site less and less, mainly because it takes so long to sift through all the arguments and back-and-forth one-upping that getting any useful information out of a thread isn't worth the time it takes to get it. I've said my peace. Do with it what you will.

Yeah Mark, if you come here regularly you'll see that times like now, when things seem to be about personalities instead of information, come and go. There is always a flavor of it of course, but it's not common to see every thread suffering.

I think this is necessary though. The information here is valuable, I consider the City a serious educational resource, but it's delivered by personalities, and every now and then the community needs to define how those personalities will interact. Very much like schoolyard rules. What is acceptable behavior? What level of justification should an argument need to meet? How much weight should be given to personal experience, professional experience, posting experience? And on and on.

All of these things need to be resolved every now and then..in my experience a few times a year here, as this isn't Wikipedia, a more or less static encyclopedia. It's a sentient, morphing community. That can make it a pain in the ass at times, but also means that you can be exposed to more thought, logic, and valid information here on accident than you can often find on any one subject on purpose elsewhere.

I appreciate your comments and hope that you will continue to return. It gets better. It gets worse. But it's always full of valuable information if you're willing to search for it, because like any serious educational tool, you get out of it what you put into it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dwayne

Hey you two, this is bubba, Ruff's friend.

If you two don't stop cluttering up this top quality best of the best thread I'm gonna take you both out to the playground and kick sand and gravel in your faces.

You both are more mature than this and I'm asking that you both take it to PM's and stop the madness. Can't we all just get along.

If you both continue to whine and cry about who's epeen is bigger and all that I'll bring Achmed the Dead Terrorist to pay you a visit.

Shoot Ruff, I'm sorry for the hijacked thread, but I actually believe these arguments present some of the best learning for EMS that happens here!

I mean, we talk a lot of medicine, and I love that, but it's a rare day that I think "Holy crap! What medicine am I going to use?!" But I'm not sure that a day passes when I don't have to take a minute and think, "How far should I push this?", "What is the best way to resolve this issue?", "What was my part in that conflict and was it necessary or simply lazy and gratuitous?"

This is what I see missing in EMS, is the ability to follow an argument to its conclusion. They constantly, mostly by the kids in my experience, end like Kat is trying to end this one by saying, essentially, "You are a poopyhead, so I'm not going to play any more!"

That is fine here, God bless him. But that is not an acceptable attitude when your ethically obligated to advocate for your patients. And for those that don't have the skills to go to the mat without getting upset or quitting, where is it better to learn an practice them then here? Tell me you haven’t seen substandard care, or medics that allowed things they shouldn’t simply because they were afraid to step up to the plate. The reason they are scared is the “you are a poopyhead” argument is all that they have in their bag, and yeah, it’s really not all that strong once you get out of grade school.

No one has been hurt here. He thinks I'm an idiot, and I often am. He thinks I'm mean and unfair, and I don't believe that I am being so now. No blood no foul man...And I'd much rather have him rail against me here, try his tricks, his tactics, hone his knowledge, and me mine, than have to try and find situations to do so on the street. Or, worse yet, to only have these types of arguments when he has to stand up for his patients. Arguing is a skill…it needs to be practiced. [s:6d74374a17]Maybe we need a category for it.[/s:6d74374a17] I think we need a forum category for it.

It is obvious, if you look no farther than the exchanges in this thread that this is a skill that needs to be improved upon. How can we claim to be an educational site when he have the evidence of the need constantly thrust in our faces, yet choose, instead of correcting it, to allow it to be drowned out in cries of, "Stop that! It's stupid!"? (which of course further illuminates the need.)

I would hope we could see the value of many of these types of exchanges, as Micheal mentioned elsewhere, and not dismiss or lock them simply because they don't include a drug clac, or they make people uncomfortable. They are important.

And besides, don't you have at least a little fun when to committed folks decide to pull each other's hair out? Yeah, ok, maybe it's just me.

Dwayne

Edited to change lined out sentence and add paragraph in italics.

pulling hair out would be a cat fight and last time I saw you, you definately did not meet the criteria of a chick.

Ok, I'll put Achmed back in the box and just keep bubba hanging around.

pulling hair out would be a cat fight and last time I saw you, you definately did not meet the criteria of a chick.

Ok, I'll put Achmed back in the box and just keep bubba hanging around.

That's the spirit!

allow whichever thread it is to continue on in the direction it was meant to go. If you feel strongly about a particular post or must confront someone else's opinion, Private Messages are an effective way to convey your feelings. If you feel strongly about a thread in general, would it be possible to start another thread debating the professionalism and/or quality of that topic? It would provide a good avenue to express your feelings, and allow others who aren't interested in the validity of the topic a way to avoid sifting through all the drivel that accompanies these little disputes. All in all, I think it would be a more effective and organized way to get everyone's points across without forcing them on people who aren't as concerned about with whatever disputes there may be.

This posting is not a reference to any particular thread, but instead a comment on a pattern that has been emerging on this site for quite some time.

Why did you post it on this thread? :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.