Funniest Practical Joke ............

crotchitymedic1986

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason practical jokes should not be done. One practical joke leads to another. Each bigger and eventually someone gets harmed.

Typically the reason I stayed out of most of the pranks myself. Its great to have fun and all but even if you have every possible scenario thought out as to how itll work... you could never think of what will happen beyond that.

I remember getting shot in the eye with a nerf gun when I was like 10.... if fu*%ing hurt!!! It was my best friend and I know he didnt do it on purpose.... but I was still pi$$ed at the time.

My christmas wish is that all of you get laid real soon. I simply ask a lighthearted question about practical jokes, and it turns into an 8 page world war 3 thread, complete with threats of violence, envy over post counts, and all kinds of emotional trauma.

Again, I have some advice for you: When you have the choice between being nice or being right, choose to be nice. You guys get at each other's throats way to fast in these threads. I KNOW ITS HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT THERE IS A CHANCE THAT YOU COULD BE WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING -- BE TOLERANT.

Thanks, and i will be bold enough to say it to the people in this thread. Just because your professor or paramedic book says it is so, doesnt make it the only way to do something. Leave your mind open to other possibilities, and you might just learn something.

Thanks, and i will be bold enough to say it to the people in this thread. Just because your professor or paramedic book says it is so, doesnt make it so. Leave your mind open to other possibilities, and you might just learn something.

Perhaps you should take your own advice as all your topics are geared to force people to agree with you, no matter how wrong you are.

I always take my own advice, and I am open to suggestion. Unfortunately when people disagree with me on this thread, they usually do so by:

1. Calling me names.

2. Denying that the possibility exists, because they havent seen it yet.

3. Deny the possibility of my thought, because it does not have a Harvard Study to back it up, even though they do not have a Harvard study to backup thier opinion.

Just look at the "refusals" thread. I have been called every name in the book, people discounted the problem because it didnt have a recent study attached, and most didnt think it was a problem because they do not talk people out of going to the hospital. I stuck to my guns. 6-12 months from now, with several more examples of patient deaths, you will be calling me genious instead of idiot.

I always take my own advice, and I am open to suggestion. Unfortunately when people disagree with me on this thread, they usually do so by:

1. Calling me names.

3. Deny the possibility of my thought, because it does not have a Harvard Study to back it up, even though they do not have a Harvard study to backup thier opinion.

Just look at the "refusals" thread. I have been called every name in the book, people discounted the problem because it didnt have a recent study attached, and most didnt think it was a problem because they do not talk people out of going to the hospital. I stuck to my guns. 6-12 months from now, with several more examples of patient deaths, you will be calling me genious instead of idiot.

Actually you made it where if we did not agree with one of your idiotic choices we were negligent. That is not discussion. That is setting it up like you are always right. Actually we have been denying patients transport for decades and guess what no one died from it. There are more deaths because ambulances being delayed because they transport all callers and people dieing waiting than there are people dieing because people sign a refusal of transport.

1. Calling me names.

Careful with the generalization there Crotch. I know I've made a concerted effort not to call you or anyone else names and a quick look through previous posts and threads readily showed a pattern of increasing frustration with your unwillingness to ever concede a point or provide support to your arguments that were not just hypothetical constructs.

I will grant you this in a few cases. Just as you prefer to argue from hypotheticals others prefer to argue from experience. Both have limited use in a discussion which is hoping to make sweeping claims/suggestions on an entire industry. I mean you talk just as freely in the LA or DC or Florida or NJ news threads to see how vastly different EMS is within throughout the United States, let alone the world.

3. Deny the possibility of my thought, because it does not have a Harvard Study to back it up, even though they do not have a Harvard study to backup their opinion.

See above. EMS is different everywhere, so unless we're going to make every discussion about how something would work for an individual service or county we need facts. Arguing from experience, analogy, straw man arguments or slippery slopes are the easy way out. Use them to lay out your question, your concerns and establish the argument, but when it's all laid out if you're going to convince anyone, you must be able to back it up. Otherwise it's just your opinion and there's no reason we should be convinced to agree.

I stuck to my guns. 6-12 months from now, with several more examples of patient deaths, you will be calling me genious instead of idiot.

I don't know when "sticking to one's guns" regardless of anything else became a commendable attribute in a person. Sticking to a principle is noble. Sticking stubbornly to a viewpoint regardless of what is presented to you in terms of other opinions is ignorant. It is important to be able to accept and analyze new information and be willing to allow that information to adjust your viewpoint. Sometimes you will and should reject that information, but never just because it doesn't fit with what you already "know."

The wonderful thing about a really good discussion is it takes on a life of its own. It goes places you don't expect and the outcome is never predetermined. So yes, this was intended to be funny, but we realized quickly just how varied our views on what was appropriate humour is. Personally I would rather this exploration of the topic as I learned not only what other's thought but was forced to examine something I had never considered before. This is a good thing.

So Crotch, I implore you to consider being a bigger person. Know that many times you will not agree with others or anyone of this forum. Accept it and stop trying to convince at all costs. Make an effort to listen, not just to decide your counter argument, but to examine your own thoughts. You likely have a great deal of experience that myself and other new providers could learn from, but it's difficult to find among the crap.

It's my intent that this will be the last time I try to point out the problems I see with your approach, but like your last words it can be difficult to walk away. I hate preaching, especially towards those more senior to me; not what I came here for and I hope this isn't what brought you here. I'm going to head over to the scenarios section and see if I can learn something about medicine.

Kind regards,

- Matt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.