Robert Frazier

rfrazier

Using anyone for target practice = poor taste. There, now I called you out too, lol.

Poor taste? Only if you miss- it wastes ammunition.

Shamelessly redirecting to the new thread I created: http://www.emtcity.c...144#entry276144

Shall we let some of these other threads go back to their original course, and corral all the ethical, philosophical debate into one arena?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Already there. Good idea.

Using anyone for target practice = poor taste. There, now I called you out too, lol.

Shamelessly redirecting to the new thread I created: http://www.emtcity.com/topic/21493-recognizing-your-own-bias/page__pid__276144#entry276144

Shall we let some of these other threads go back to their original course, and corral all the ethical, philosophical debate into one arena?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I understand some will probably not appreciate my taking this thread off course. However, the point of the thread as an introduction apparently ended following a few revelations. Sorry Kiwi, it sounds like you were really hurt by the OP's actions. However, I saw an opportunity to present a different point of view. I did so not with the intention to fight or argue semantics. Additionally, I wanted to include an anecdote not to prove I'm better but to highlight the fact that I am human and have said things I regret. Hopefully people can take away something from my past failures.

Yellow box?oh...u mean the truck....can i drive one? :)

Only if you can figure out how to apply to the DVLA for Categories C1 + D1 :D

That's if you're not insane enough to join the Motorcycle Response Unit ...

Now where were we.... Oh yah. Darn you Robert Frazier!!!! How dare you try give us fake credentials!

To be fair it wasn't on here he did it, but I was being prophylactic and ensuring he did not have the chance too, gets my blood boiling

I need to buy a porsche or something. :)

You could but the rednecks down at the bar would look at you funny

Just an fyi, I now intend to use that phrase incessantly. It makes me grin and has now entered my regular vocab. Gonna spread it around to all my friends too. Kiwi, you ever show up here you'll know how to get in touch with me by following the trail of people using NZ phrases:P That goes for anyone else who appears in this region too. Or, y'know, send a PM first:)

That is very nice of you, Kiwi loves the Great Nation of Indiana and your wonder Hoosierspatality, is that even a word? It is now!

We were returning last night and had to refuel, I was driving, pulled into the Mobil, what did I see? A great big Lucas Oil sign, that was just aggravating, reminded me not only did I miss the Superbowl but it's also F1 season ...

Get your ass down to Indianapolis, I know a lovely quiet little fire station; we can sit out the back on the picnic table and shoot the shit, seeing as how you're a native and I'm a Kiwi you can man the radio and I'll drive during the day time because nobody can understand what I am saying

Knowing me I'll probably get lost or some shit, now Bob just 199 laps left here today at the Kroger 200, oh shit, is that an ambulance on the track, I think it is, I think he is lost, the fire station is two blocks over .... :D

Sounds like a plan. This was a truly spectacular derailed thread here. It was a case of the train not just leaving the tracks but jumping off a bridge and falling through a wormhole to reappear in French Polynesia back in 8326 B.C. Please note, that was a joke. I was, in fact, taking the piss:) If you are a railroad employee, bridge engineer, particle physicist, French Polynesian, historian, or caveman/woman; please don't yell at me, I was only kidding!!! Honest! ;-D...

That is funny as hell right there...

I need a drink after this one. I wont apologize for what ive said but I will apologize for how I said it. I try my hardest not to go off the deep end. But there's a philosophy I have created that I have lived by since I was 10 and will continue live by for the rest of my life. In order to stay sane you must be insane. This world we live in is not exactly a I love lucy episode. I get tired of flipping on the news and seeing the state of decrepitude this world has (C'mon muslims okay to attack an aethist for insulting his prophet because a judge says so) with the occasional warm and fluffy story thats put in there just to prevent the viewers from saying the world is at a total loss. I make jokes like that to keep me light hearted. They are not well liked by some but for others they do. Its a mechanism I use to blow off stress.

But to you paramedicmike. I know your trying to protect my rearend and teach me that the ems world is all about PR and HR. Im still purposely keeping my head towards patient care rather than HR and upper management. Its required to cover my arse but I do believe at some point their is a line you can cross where you'll be soo caught up in the legal and moral side where I will lose sight of whats most important. My patient.

Sorry if it the last paragraph doesnt make sense. It was very difficult for me to put that into words.

*CMA: I dont drink. Its a figure of speech*

Edited by runswithneedles

I need a drink after this one. I wont apologize for what ive said but I will apologize for how I said it. I try my hardest not to go off the deep end. But theirs a philosophy I have created that I have lived by since I was 10 and will continue live by for the rest of my life. In order to stay sane you must be insane. This world we live in is not exactly a I love lucy episode. I get tired of flipping on the news and seeing the state of decrepitude this world has (C'mon muslims okay to attack an aethist for insulting his prophet because a judge says so) with the occasional warm and fluffy story thats put in their just to prevent the viewers from saying the world is at a total loss. I make jokes like that to keep me light hearted. They are not well liked by some but for others they do. Its a mechanism I use to blow off stress.

But to you paramedicmike. I know your trying to protect my rearend and teach me that the ems world is all about PR and HR. Im still purposely keeping my head towards patient care rather than HR and upper management. Its required to cover my arse but I do believe at some point their is a line you can cross where you'll be soo caught up in the legal and moral side where I will lose sight of whats most important. My patient.

Sorry if it the last paragraph doesnt make sense. It was very difficult for me to put that into words.

*CMA: I dont drink. Its a figure of speech*

It's spelled "there".

I'm curious what you mean by getting so caught up in the morality of things that it would affect your patient care. Care to elaborate? Honest question. I'm genuinely curious about your thoughts on that comment.

Also, I'm not harping on you about EMS being all about PR and HR. While they are important in EMS, they are just as important in every single other aspect of your professional life (which is, coincidentally, increasily tied in to your personal life these days). Given our use of social media it will follow you to a much larger extent that you think. You may not see it as you've grown up with it. However, those of us who've seen it evolve over time can better appreciate just how badly such misuse of social media through negative commentary can affect someone long term.

I fully appreciate gallows humour. It's a not so unique coping mechanism. Believe it or not I have actually engaged in gallows humour myself. Making a joke about the maggots coming out of the dead guy's nose, for example, could be gallows humour. Making a joke about actually killing people would not.

Blast. I usually differentiate the two most of the time. Maybe I should not post here until I can pay better attention to my spelling. Especially after a long class where my brain is goo.

Their is correct for the first bold. Im using their because it is a attributive adjective to philosophy.

However the second one is incorrect and I thank you for catching that. Since there is a non specific noun.

It was hard enough to put into any resemblance of verbal conversation the first time. But I think in doing so I might have incorrectly presented what I felt. In short. I believe that if they should censor me I will develop a fear of saying that might not be viewed positively but may be necessary. Like saying something to a patient that might save their life. Such as a man whos no longer wants to go the hospital because his chest pain is relieved by nitro but depsite me saying his 12 lead is abnormal it will keep me from saying something tough like "sir you can die from this, you need to get checked out"

"But theirs a philosphy I have created..."? No. You used the word wrong. For your sentense to make sense based on what you wrote "there's" is what fits. Otherwise it makes no sense at all.

Perhaps if you said something along the line of "But theirs is a philosophy I've adopted..."?

.....Dang it. Your right.

And its now fixed. Thanks for catching that

"But theirs a philosophy I created...".

Would make sense if he is speaking about the philosophy of a group of people, which was created by him and was adopted by them. An "is " would still lack, but you could write that off for poetric freedom.

Of course, the context isn`t pointing into that direction.

Sorry for that totally useless journey into language smart-assdom (I know that word doesn`t exist ;) ). ;)

Edited by Vorenus