Robert Frazier

rfrazier

You're a fairly young man, correct. What 24, 25? Do you have plans to further your education, and become an EMS provider in NZ? Where have you derived your seemingly extensive knowledge from? The screen name "Ben" is not spoken for; Ben1, KiwiBen, perhaps a fresh name will help set you free?

• Like 1

As I said early on in this thread... if you bullshit, apologize, start over and we move forward.

Agreed. I will say nothing more on the subject. If I went a little overboard by doing as Ben requested and prove he claimed certain things, then I do apologize for that to you (runswithneedles) and to everyone else. Sometimes a desire to make people pay for perceived slights against a loved one clouds one's judgment and gets in the way of social decorum. In other words, shit happens.

Where have you derived your seemingly extensive knowledge from?

That's what shocks the hell out of me...as he seems to have been entirely self-taught and is smarter than most real medics and nurses I have dealt with. That's what frustrates the hell out of me more than anything (from a professional standpoint) about Ben: he has the brains to be a damn fine medic but for some reason isn't doing it. He probably doesn't care what I think but outside of the lies (which I don't believe is a conscious decision on his part to be honest), I actually think he'd make a fine addition from a clinical knowledge standpoint to the profession should he so choose to pursue it. With that, I will- unless specifically addressed- close out on this thread.

Edited by Punisher
  • Like 1

Sometimes a desire to make people pay for perceived slights against a loved one clouds one's judgment and gets in the way of social decorum. In other words, shit happens.

Bitch please. you're not getting away with that this easy.

Steve, if you have a problem with me, all you have to is talk to me. We have option A - spew hatred about somebody on an online forum, totally stripping them of privacy, posting their picture and bringing up irrelevant issues or option B - give them a call and talk to them nicely man-to-man, hmm Jerry which option is better? Oh wait before we answer I say the washer and dryer combo myself! Maybe Kat and you can use that in your apartment, heck I dno, I always did enjoy going to the laundromat myself, crazy people to talk to there always interesting.

Can you please take that photo of me down or at least crop it? Ta

But it appears to me that this individual has what none of us does- direct, personal experience with Kiwi, in person.

He's met me once for twenty minutes during which time I specifically remember telling him that people tell me I know a lot, when in fact, I don't know that much.

Shall we move on? It has been pretty firmly established by Kiwi himself and others that no, he is not a prehospital provider. As I said early on in this thread... if you bullshit, apologize, start over and we move forward.

Exactly, look I'm the first person to admit if I've done anything wrong; I'm truly honest to God one of the most honest, good natured people you will ever meet. If I'd deliberately set out to spin the crap and got snapped I'd admit to it and take whatever was coming, but I did not so hence why I am not admitting to being deliberately deceitful ... because I wasn't.

You're stating you have experience with St. John, which, we have previously established that you- as a point of fact- do not. Now before you try to claim "I did my clinicals with them" or something like that...remember, everyone now has their medical director's e-mail address and can very easily fact check anything that you say.

You can fact-check anything I say and I would encourage you to do so, because like I said I'm one of the most honest people you will ever meet and the first person to admit if I have done something wrong.

I've known several Paramedics and spent plenty of time with them discussing a multitude of clinical and operational issues both pertinent to here in NZ and worldwide which has been both online and in person, sometimes even on the couch at the ambulance station. I've even been known to put on a yellow high visibility jacket with "AMBULANCE" written on it and lug a big green back pack around or put a drip into somebody but it did cost me pizza :D

Oh and thank heck Stryker stretchers are used now those Stollenwerks were a pain in the ass to get out of the vehicle!

"Our" or "we" was always in reference to New Zealand. I would refer to anything from the UK as "theirs" or "them" because I'm not from the UK.

Good to see you found Tony Smith; you should talk to him as he is an extremely intelligent Physician, dual qualified as both a Consultant grade Anaesthetist and Intensivent (ICU) who has been involved with StJ since just before 2000 if memory serves correctly (I did read something like than in the Northern Region Forum magazine a few years ago). He is an outstanding and truly brilliant man very passionate about pre hospital care (heck not unlike me) and clinically the ambulance service has come leaps and bounds under his eye, and that of a group of dedicated and passionate people such as Craig Ellis, Doug Gallagher, Mark Deoki, Sue Gullery and Sarah Werner.

At the turn of 2000 it was reality that "authorised competencies" for a National Certificate Officer (Ambulance Officer) included aspirin, salbutamol and entonox. Nasopharyngeal airways were an "authorised competency" for an Advanced Care Officer (Paramedic) and bloody hell New Zealand was still using PR stesolid (rectal diazepam).

A decade later and viola, a third of a masters degree is required to become an Intensive Care Paramedic, New Zealand has one of (if not the) highest success rates with rapid sequence intubation (a procedure banned in many parts of the world because it can't be done properly) and we are unfortunately comparing ourselves to parts of the world where salbutamol and entonox are still considered "advanced" procedures despite the fact they've been entry-to-practice interventions here for maybe 20 years?.

There are many, many positive and leading-edge things the Ambulance Service is doing here, many place our little nation at the forefront globally and a great deal of it is thanks to Tony Smith. So yes, you should talk to him because your time will be far better spend discussing clinical issues and developments than worrying about me, who really didn't do anything anyway.

Nope, not a personal feud really. You'll notice I'm calling him on his lies about his professional background

Sure seems it mate, you dragged a whole lot of other crap in here that has nothing to do with anything we are talking about and that isn't really accurate anyway but that is a discussion for another time and place

What lies? You've still failed to provide any evidence that I have directly claimed to be associated with the ambulance service as an ambo

Bloody hell mate, give it up, surely you have better things to do than worry about a waste of space like me?

Edited by kiwimedic

The OP has never returned. We must not assume that the OP has done anything, as there has been no proof laid on the table, only hearsay. Any identity can be stolen, it all seemed too convenient and then snow balled.

I think it's important to have a bit of anonymity, as the one thing I HATE is when a patient finds me on the internet. I would never want one to assume something I said on an EMS forum, was directly linked to their specific issue. In fact, I had a rather verbal argument in a gas station with a woman, after transporting her child. I refused to "Friend" her on Facebook. Here is a woman I'd never met prior, didn't get to know as I had a supposedly sick kid (new parent syndrome) on the stretcher - and SICK babies just freak me out. Anyhoo. I said I don't "friend" people I don't know, personally know. Like if I don't know your first name, your middle name; and your birthday, I don't consider us as being close. She throws the hero line out, as if I'm going to jump on that. I avoid pats on the back, like the plague, b/c around these parts, if you do something for someone, it grows like a tree. They do something for you, even if they shouldn't, you insist they don't or you downright forbid it..then you owe them something. AND THEN... They get the bill in the mail, and instantly, you're a prick.

Steve, if you have a problem with me, all you have to is talk to me. We have option A - spew hatred about somebody on an online forum, totally stripping them of privacy, posting their picture and bringing up irrelevant issues or option B - give them a call and talk to them nicely man-to-man, hmm Jerry which option is better? Oh wait before we answer I say the washer and dryer combo myself! Maybe Kat and you can use that in your apartment, heck I dno, I always did enjoy going to the laundromat myself, crazy people to talk to there always interesting.

Point taken Ben. Like I said....what is done is done and you've got my word that this is it.

Bloody hell mate, give it up, surely you have better things to do than worry about a waste of space like me?

The thing is that you're smart- whether you think you are or not- to be a "waste of space". No one can carry on technical conversations with professionals without sounding like an idiot or poser without a requisite amount of intelligence. I hate to see someone with a functioning brain run themselves into a jam because of....well, whatever you want to classify this mess as. Even if there is personal bad blood between me and that person, it must be the instructor in me that wants to kick people in the ass and make them use their gifts to the best of their ability.

As much as I despise that blithering moron, I will paraphrase George W. Bush when asked his opinion of Obama shortly after leaving office as it seems to fit: "He deserves my silence". If you want to make a clean start or whatever, then you deserve my silence so you can do so. I wish you all the best and hope you can figure out a way so you don't feel like a "waste of space".

• Like 1

Point taken Ben. Like I said....what is done is done and you've got my word that this is it.

If you say so mate

Now, I expect that I run across you in a couple years and you tell me how damn happy the two of you are! :D

<TTP>

Best nick off, looks like some bloke stuck under his tractor

Ambulance, Lifeline, airborne

</TTP>

Edited by kiwimedic

You're a fairly young man, correct

I am physically young but mentally older than time itself. I have seen and experienced much more than a person of my age should and fight a constant daily mental battle to get the hell away from it and pretend the last quarter century of my life has, for the most part, not existed.

Do you have plans to further your education, and become an EMS provider in NZ?

No

Where have you derived your ... extensive knowledge from?

Around the place, I have a library of over 100 medical text books (Bates, Guyton and Hall, Rosen, Williams, every subject from Anaesthesia to Zoology (Anatomy)). I read and research extensively and in the past have had several friends in the Ambulance Service; I've got friends who are Consultant Physicians and they helped me out by getting me as much practical experience as they could but most of my knowledge comes from my own self-teaching.

A few years ago I did complete some of the Paramedic (ICO) modules when it was still the old ICO course and not the "new" ILS pathway (which as soon as a degree provider is finalised will formally become a Degree qualification within the Ambulance Service). I think I've still got some of the work books and such around here somewhere.

A certain shaggy haired bloke who will remain nameless has also hit me in the head with the oxygen and gone "you dumbshit, this is how you turn it on!" and one or two other things.

It's amazing what you can teach yourself; not that I consider I actually much of anything really.

I know very little and I'm not taking the piss, honestly, I don't think I know a lot. I have had people tell me I do, but I don't believe them.

...all he was doing was using her as a meal ticket and a green card.

Ouch man, I have to go find soul analgesia now, best get on the biophone and ring up teh medical control about that one...

You also forget I was the one in our relationship who could cook :D

Edited by kiwimedic

This is the first time that I've ever locked a topic. And I'll listen in PM if anyone feels that unlocking it would be productive.

It's unfortunate that it got personal, but believe it or not I believe that there was a lot to be learned from this thread.

Did Kiwi do anything provably wrong? It's debatable, but in my opinion, now that we've moved past every post being about taking a piss, for me, his value far outweighs what I found relatively offensive.

Did Kiwi and many others learn how close we can become here, and how damaged many, including myself can feel if they feel fooled or manipulated? Yeah, I think so.

The behavior of many in this thread leaves little to be desired, but that's what learning to be friends is all about. People can joke, and pull the macho bullshit card about 'you're all just names on a screen to me.' but I think that we've proved here that that is not the case for many.

I've come to love many on this board and tell them so often, and I've made lifelong friends here that are even more valuable than the knowledge that I've gained, which is invaluable to me.

I do feel weird having the last word and then locking the thread, so if anyone feels that this is unfair, biased, unproductive, or any other 'un' thing that I may not have thought of, send me a note and we'll take a look. I'm confident that most of the regular contributors, that have chosen to, have had their say and I'd just as soon not allow strangers to take a shot at something that I feel is pretty personal to our little City family.

I look forward to learning from you Kiwi, in the future as I have in the past, and it's my hope that others will let this pass as they've let my many drunken, idiotic, misspoken bullshit rants pass before, and almost certainly will again in the future.

I think that we need to scratch at each others eyes now and then. The Yin and Yang of life says that our passions can't only be positive, sometimes they're going to have teeth. Teeth were sharpened here, and blood drawn, but it's my hope that we now have it out of our system and will move past this thread as friends, just as we started.

Dwayne

• Like 4