What career if not EMS?

BEorP

lol im gonna try to start my paramedic career when i turn 18....but until then im career less.hehe

oh btw a civic with flashing lights sounds fun...but it has to be an 07 lol

Youngsters always think they need something new.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I had studied more of my school work instead of finding out how drunk I could get every weekend, ( and sometimes in the middle of it, in class) I would have likely had a military career. If that had not lasted long, I would have sought work in my field of study, geology. I was gonna go find oil under the oceans. Geology still facinates me, especially the effects of glaciation.

I would have sought work in my field of study, geology. I was gonna go find oil under the oceans.

I have a cousin who went back to school in his mid thirties to get a geology degree, and he is now making mad cash doing just that for an oil company in Houston. Don't ever think it is too late for a change.

When I was really little, I wanted to be a nurse. But then as I got a little older, I wanted to be a massage therapist or physical therapist. I Also wanted to make a career out of Photography (I still might). But I love EMS the most :D !

~emtkat~

I either wanted to be a chef (I love to cook!) or a meteorologist, because the weather fascinates me to no end!!

Or an OB-GYN.

There are many other things besides paramedicine that I wanted to do!

Blah....gyno...worked for one for 3 years....not my cup 'o tea

My family Doctor who is into photography, here is his website: www.ScottForsyth.com

He inspired me and now I have some really nice looking pictures, but I dont have the web page to show you unless I had your email address. One of the pictures if you do take a look at his webpage, is a picture of his daughter when she was about 3 yrs old.

You think you're smart, well if your a medic, you could make it and become a realitor, so if your showing a house and someone has a heart attack or faints . . .your skills will be very handy.

And there's always Security guard or Lifeguard or the Navy seals if your fit as a fiddle.

Your imagination will point you in a new direction. Go for it!

I got into EMS with my college's Rescue Squad. I graduated with a BS in Meteorology and a license to work on merchant ships, but I decided to go into EMS full time after college. I did that for 3 and a half years, until I realized that salaries were not that good. So, I fell back on my hobby, computers. Got Microsoft certifications and landed a full time job with a dot com company that gave me a 40 hour work week with double the salary that I was making doing 50+ hours in EMS. I am now working as a software support engineer at night, while building up my home business providing computer services to small businesses in my area.

I am still very active in EMS though. I started out volunteeing in college and have never stop working for volunteer EMS. I now ride as an EMT with my local volunteer Fire Dept and currently serve as the EMS Lt.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.