What career if not EMS?

BEorP

Right after high school, I was convinced that I was going to move to Hollywood and be a director. I filmed movies through school that were the talk of the town at times. The local studio said that the stuff I wrote was some of the best they had to play on the air, and my stuff got the biggest response. I decided that I am unable to deal with the constant cutthroat aspect of Hollywood, despite the TV station advising me otherwise. Out in the sticks of Londonderry, NH, I was a TV god. I was one among none, really. But out in CA, I'd be another nameless face, and what passes for clever, witty writing in Londonderry seemed to be mild and only worthy of furniture commercials in LA. So I had a brief period where I was lost and had no idea what to do. My mother, a long time EMT in Presque Isle, ME, told me that my interest in medicine has been evident my whole life, it just wasn't my primary interest at the time. I started reading her old and outdated Brady's books and got hooked.

Recently, my passion for writing has become stronger, possibly due to my time away from it. Perhaps my desire to be an EMT (Paramedic in time, no need to worry about that) stemmed from my desire to be an excellent writer. After all, the best stories are based off of the author's life experiences, and the emergency medical field is an excellent place to start.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meteorology sounds intriguing. But not a "Weather Man".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.