What's your fav/funny line in a movie?

emtpsaveu911

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The machine that goes PING!" It's so hard to narrow down one line from Monty Python as they are my single most favourite comedy troupe.

It seems to me that while growing up my buddies and I tended to use quotes and catch phrases more often than the general public. And we would try and pick up on certain lines predicting whether or not it would be picked up by the public or not.

There has been so many from Mel Brook's movies, but :

''Badges, we don't need no stinking badges" has to be at least toward the top of the list.

Basically every line from Full Metal jacket, well beginning part of it in boot camp

Oh come on you gotta love...

Private Joker: I wanted to see exotic Vietnam... the crown jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!

Or...

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone that runs, is a VC. Anyone that stands still, is a well-disciplined VC! You guys oughta do a story about me sometime!

Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?

Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so f*ckin' good! I done got me 157 dead gooks killed. Plus 50 water buffalo too! Them's all confirmed!

Private Joker: Any women or children?

Door Gunner: Sometimes!

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?

Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

even...

Private Joker: Ya know, half of these gook whores are serving officers in the Viet Cong; the other half have got T.B. Be sure you only f*ck the ones that cough.

and finally.

Crazy Earl: These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

Awesome movie.

"It's good to be the King" another Mel Brooks greats.

(I don't think it's been used before, and I'm too lazy to look back for it)

"What knockers!"

"Thank you, Doctor" - Young Fankenstein

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.