As promised, its the basics turn...

Asysin2leads

Just so they don't get cocky, here it is for the basics

TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE WORKING WITH A WANNABE SUPERHERO EMT-BASIC MORON

10. He never turns the lights and sirens off, including while getting diesel or going through the fast food drive through.

9. He reminds you constantly of how Basics save paramedics.

8. The wraparound sunglasses never come off, even on cloudy days, indoors, or on moonless nights in the middle of the forest.

7. He pushes for endotracheal intubation for Basics, even though he can't spell "endotracheal intubation".

6. The police officers on scene tell him he needs to lighten up a bit.

5. He is required to undergo a daily pat down to make sure he is not taking any equipment home with him.

4. He spends more money on a new stethoscope then he has on shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant in the past five years.

3. Your patients suddenly "feel much better' when they see him step off the ambulance.

2. He is blissfully unaware that if he ever actually administered one of those medications he carries 'just in case', he'd end up in Leavenworth for the next 3 years being some bad man's girlfriend.

1. He gets really, really, really, angry when you terminate a rescusitaiton effort.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well umm.......taking bets on how long this post will stay open till it is locked.......anyone want to place a bet let me know.... :D:lol::lol:

Later

Terri

Nah.. I'm a basic and I know the newbie type the list addresses... Heck, I laughed at most of them picturing some of the folks (and even me, when I was new I bought the Zillion Dollar Steth) doing some of those things...

If you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't be poking the stick at others.

OK here's one, color coded and matching pen light, scissors, and stethoscope.................guilty as well, LOL!

Actually... From a previous employer...at an amusement park...

Matching trauma shears, stethoscope, pen, hair elastic, and shoe laces. Yes, shoe laces folks!

All in the lovely wonderful horrific color of 'Hot Pink'

From the same person who would not tuck in her uniform. When confronted from her supervisor regarding "Tuck in your shirt, you look unprofessional." She replied: "That's okay, I'm not professional."

And out the door she went.

And from another employer:

Bringing your own maps.

Bringing your own clip board to work. Where, after the Auditor sends 3 nasty grams regarding missing paperwork to you [if we both were on the call, we're both responsible kind of thing] - you find that day's paperwork. A month later.

OK here's one, color coded and matching pen light, scissors, and stethoscope..

...matched to the current Homeland Security alert system (green isn't going to come out of hiding any time soon).

/have seen 5 of those.

//has had to kicked his partner (read driver) out of the back of the unit before.

OK here's one, color coded and matching pen light, scissors, and stethoscope.................guilty as well, LOL!

I am not a basic........but i have those......nothing wrong with that....it adds class to the uniform....

Later

Terri

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.