As promised, its the basics turn...

Asysin2leads

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. basics that continue to try to intervene and re-ask or ask inappropriate questions, after they have been asked. Hey ! pay attention better yet get the stretcher!. Jumping to conclusions of a diagnosis and speaking out loud only to be dead wrong & making an ass of themselves. you have to apologize again, that your partner did not know what hey were talking about... Do me a favor do what you can and are allowed to do and then drive me in nice and smooth. Can you at least accomplish that ? The next non-emergency is yours I promise ! Yeah... yeah.. I know, you could do this job easily.. but, you just don't want to go to school.. excuses! .. put or shut up!

Some take a 16 week night time class, rated just little over advanced first aid they think they know medicine.

Unfortunately, there are way too many EMT's .. can you say hundreds of thousands? This causes lumping the good ones in with the bad ones... there are great basics... just hard to find sometimes.

R/r 911

I wont get into this again......if you have a problem taking a joke.

I base my opinions on experience.

Actually the system I am in presently....imagine this two BLS rescues. There are hospital based medics if we need them. Last year I believe the figures for als intercepts was somewhere around 22%. Wow 88% of the call we seemed to handle with no problems.

I cant believe a person with your experience, just assumes that if you have a glitter patch on your shoulder, that makes you capable of doing this job. Regardless of training or education, whatever level you are EMT, MEDIC incompetence exists. If you cant see or realize that.....

Here is a little fact the powers at be in my system actually believe. Medics working in a hospital, perfecting there craft, whether it be ETI, IV's, decompressions, reading 12 leads on and every day basis, not once a month, actually translates into better care when it is needed in the street. I tend to agree.

You can honestly sit there and disagree with that?

Actually the system I am in presently....imagine this two BLS rescues. There are hospital based medics if we need them. Last year I believe the figures for als intercepts was somewhere around 22%. Wow 88% of the call we seemed to handle with no problems.

Your right JP that's not funny, its damn scary. yikes.gif

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

Whatever your personal opinions. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

When you have MD after your name and about 30 years experience in Emergency Medicine. Then maybe you will a say in whats best for my area.

Sorry for hijacking the post.

And I guess when you get the person who is pale, cool, and diaphoretic who you take to the hospital on 02 without ALS intervention is "handling it?"

Or that multitrauma victim who you blow blood bubbles across the back of the ambulance while they writhe in pain, that's handling it too?

I just love how guys like whit think its somehow possible to forget how to take a blood pressure, or listen to lung sounds. DERRRR WHAT'S THIS BULB DO? WHAT'S THIS GAUGE? WHERE DOES THE STETHOSCOPE GO??? HURRRRK I DUNNO! OH I NEED AN EMT TO COME HELP ME!

How come when I made the top ten listen about medics, everyone had a good laugh, but when it was for the basics, people got all defensive and bent out of shape? Grow up. Any one want to donate 10 bucks to my "Help Whit get laid so he can move on" fund? Only $10.00 can help a needy young man get out of a superhero complex and learn there are more things to life than applying oxygen and taking a blood pressure. For only a $25.00 donation, you'll recieve a handy tote bag, and for $100.00, become a lifetime member and get a free monthly newsletter showing how your donation has made a difference in his life. So please, won't you donate today?

88+22=????

man I wish I was that cool!!! dude if you are gonna bash do it with class!

Asys, mine was in fun, all my medic bashing is in fun! I just didn't realize you had posted the medic one when I clicked on the basic one, but I DID give you credit atleast for the ideas LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.