As promised, its the basics turn...

Asysin2leads

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE WORKING WITH A WANNABE SUPERHERO EMT-Paramedic MORON

10. Can dish out jokes, but can not take them.

9. He reminds you constantly of how Basics are the subordinate (usually without provocation and without proper employee supervision training).

8. The wraparound sunglasses never come off, even on cloudy days, indoors, or on moonless nights in the middle of the forest. (My own experience was a couple of Medics doing this)

7. Constantly hovering over patients due to lack of "sticks" needed for recert.

6. The police officers on scene really don't care how many thousands of hours of training he has, but will humor him and listen anyways.

5. Has to make up as many excuses as possible why he could not perfom intubation or could not get a stick.

4. He spends more money on stethoscopes, PDA's, and EMS magazine subscriptions then he has on shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant in the past five years.

3. Patients suddenly "feel much better" when they arrive at definitive care.

2. Patients are blissfully unaware that he has his panties in a permanent bunch.

1. He gets really, really, really, angry when you tell him "I'll drive!"

***Credit given to asys for providing a "working foundation" of ideas to post this!!

9. He reminds you constantly of how Basics are the subordinate (usually without provocation and without proper employee supervision training).

8. The wraparound sunglasses never come off, even on cloudy days, indoors, or on moonless nights in the middle of the forest. (My own experience was a couple of Medics doing this)

6. The police officers on scene really don't care how many thousands of hours of training he has, but will humor him and listen anyways.

5. Has to make up as many excuses as possible why he could not perfom intubation or could not get a stick.

4. He spends more money on stethoscopes, PDA's, and EMS magazine subscriptions then he has on shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant in the past five years.

2. Patients are blissfully unaware that he has his panties in a permanent bunch.

***Credit given to asys for providing a "working foundation" of ideas to post this!!

Basics making fun of medics in the wrong thread. read down the page, there is a primmadonna paramedic thread for exactly that reason.

Basics making fun of medics in the wrong thread. read down the page, there is a primmadonna paramedic thread for exactly that reason.

1.As soon as they get their EMT cert. they wear the EMT t-shirt all over town. :roll:

2.When you are working ,and your getting lunch,they walk up to you in plain clothing and inform you that they are an EMT also,or "new" EMT(I really don't give a crap ,or THANK GOD you told me ,because now I'll feel better knowing this, maybe you might want to give me your phone # so I can call you if I have a question.). :roll:

3.They are new EMT's and they've been working at your squad for several weeks,and wonder why you do 911 calls only and no longer do routine transports. They didn't go to EMT school (for dummies) to do raisin runs.They think it is not fair. :D

4.This one drives me crazy. When they tell you that " Paramedics save lives,but EMT's save paramedics". :roll:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.