What do you carry?

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I have a new piece of equipment that I use on every night scene as long as the patient has been pepper sprayed and handcuffed.

It's only used for low light situations where I need much more light than a silly ole mag light or scene lights on the ambulance.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/ruffems/?action=view&current=tron.jpg

And if anyone can get this to show in the post let me know how to do it. I never get it right.

If anyone wants to know the supplier of my AWESOME new uniform let me know.

Ruff

Edited by Ruffems

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that I have a new piece of equipment that I use on every night scene as long as the patient has been pepper sprayed and handcuffed.

It's only used for low light situations where I need much more light than a silly ole mag light or scene lights on the ambulance.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/ruffems/?action=view&current=tron.jpg

And if anyone can get this to show in the post let me know how to do it. I never get it right.

If anyone wants to know the supplier of my AWESOME new uniform let me know.

Ruff

tron.jpg

But you can't argue with results. And I bring the results.

Hilarious!

But seriously, lets look at the facts.

First aid guy come Paramedic, driving around with a shite load of gear in the boot of his car, carrying more crap on his belt than batman and judge dredd put together. Plays with handcuffs and OC spray. Talks about saving lives, how well he is respected and his hundred hours of "combat" training, "rescue ambulances", EMTB's deserve no respect, you "Buy the best eqipment and know how to use it", powers of arrest and all the other garbage you have here.

Your first post here is about what toys you have hanging off your hips, yet your some kind of awesome paramedical pioneer who gets results, and yet i have barely seen a post in another thread about something clinicall orientated or one that didn't involve your whacker belt or how awesome you are.

So are you a new troll or are you one we have had here before?

• Like 1

Wallet

Keys

Phone

Pocket knife (fer widdlin'!)

Pen

Penlight

Pocket protocol book

Shears (because I swear those bastards grow legs right before you need them)

Stethoscope (just in case I hear some really awesome music and it's far away)

I don't give a crap if this guy carries all that stuff, to each his own. Furthermore, I'd be extremely thrilled if he had something that I needed on a scene where we weren't near the rig. Good for you, buddy. Just remember to have your cuff key on you too, in case you're using them for "non-traditional" reasons.

Wallet

Keys

Cell phone to call 911 because they need an ambulance to take them to the ER, not an overly zealous doctor with more equipment than a well stocked military medical unit.

Ok I just want to say this about the handcuffs. I have noticed that all medics with Hennepin County EMS in Minneapolis have a set of handcuffs from what I have seen. I am just a basic here in Iowa and have a miniature first out kit in my backpack. That is all I have is gloves that are non-latex, two littman III scopes, all sizes of bp cuffs, pen lights, pens, trauma shears, and my cards. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't see the need to have anything else. I just have whats needed to start care if I see something happen which I have. No need for cuffs which I wouldn't want the liability. I do more with less. I also have the numbers for the dispatch center's in my phone. Ohh and 2 different field guides.

You guys all seem like cool people. But you can't argue with results. And I bring the results.

intredasting.jpg

And those results are? Seriously, what is your big claim to fame with regards to being a "pioneer" and "bringing results"? So far all I have seen is either a quite sad little insecure person with absolutely no insight, or a troll. I haven't decided which yet.

I carry a field guide, trauma shears, and a couple pens. The ambulance carries everything else.

Same here except I also carry a pocket knife, a pen light, iphone, smokes, Snus, and some OTC meds,(Tylenol, ranitadine, Tums) for personal use.

My POV is loaded down with enough stuff to survive a natural disaster. Not because I'm a "Whacker", but because I live on a major fault line and I expect there to be a natural disaster. Being over zealous may be a bad thing, but being prepared is not.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

On duty (IFT/911 EMT)

iPhone

Nitrile gloves

Stethoscope

County Protocol Flip Guide

Leatherman Crunch

Spyderco Endura

Icon Flashlight

Keys (Personal and Unit)

Wallet
Pager
Portable Radio
PPE Bag (Structure Helmet, Hi-Viz Jacket, Hi-Viz Vest)
I carry less than my partner... If I don't have something I need, chances my partner does or the unit does.
Edited by CodeBru1984

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.