What do you carry?

I needed that laugh for that day. Thanks for the necrobump.

I packed a jumpbag when I first became a CFR and then EMT back in 1992. It has all sorts of stuff like trauma dressings, glucose, BP cuffs, hand operated suction, oxygen regulator (no tank though). I even had an MCI kit.

Nowadays the most important thing I keep stocked is my cell phone so I can call 911 to get someone that can do something for the pt. I do still have a fully stocked jumpbag although it still contains the same exact equipment I put in it back in 1992. I grabbed one of the 4X4s when one of my kids scraped their knee and after I opened the package, the gauze crumbled in my hand. It might be time to take that bag out of service but then where would I keep my RPG launcher for those scenes that go bad?

My MCI bag contains a Harrier jet that is conveniently folded up into a 4x4 package that all I have to do is rip open the package and I have a fully armed and operational Harrier Jet that I am able to jump into and quickly exit the scene and then I can swoop back around to the scene and launch my heat seaking missiles to neutralize any threat that I had come under. I've only had to open it once.

• Like 1

I could never afford one of those. Remember, I was on Long Island so I had to be prepared for bad water scenes. I had the naval pack which, instead of a harrier, had a destroyer and for quick escapes, a cruiser.

I could never afford one of those. Remember, I was on Long Island so I had to be prepared for bad water scenes. I had the naval pack which, instead of a harrier, had a destroyer and for quick escapes, a cruiser.

Don't forget the scuba bonus pack and the submarine for escapes when the surface of the water was too hot to get to a cruiser.

On duty:

- Shears

- Gloves

- Eye-lamp

- Torch LED light (P7 by LedLenser)

- ear-plugs

Off duty:

- pocket mask

Not a single EMT in France carries any kind of weapon or restraining equipment. If the situation isn't safe, we don't go and wait for the actual Police to come. Working in the most dangerous places in Paris I never had any trouble handling any kind of victim. I have to mention we're 5 in the ambulance here, so it can help taking control over the situation, but not as much as thinking and not doing stupid things (relying on any kind of weapon).

On my person:

pocket knife

two trauma pads

A couple band aids. . .

Not much. -_-" I don't drive so I don't have a jump kit or anything. . .

Due to a few recent personal attacks I have stated carrying a self defence pen, and am acquiring an ATAC L2 flashlight (Small blinding strobe feature).

Other than that, just my stethoscope, narc pouch, and safety glasses.

By the way: Page 9, shockdoctor states

But you can't argue with results. And I bring the results.

Oh My Gawd..... Sooooo funny.

I am definatly using that line more often.

Due to a few recent personal attacks I have stated carrying a self defence pen, and am acquiring an ATAC L2 flashlight (Small blinding strobe feature).

Other than that, just my stethoscope, narc pouch, and safety glasses.

By the way: Page 9, shockdoctor states

Oh My Gawd..... Sooooo funny.

I am definatly using that line more often.

I have always brought results, I just never adverstised it until now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.