Think You Can Text And Drive?

Lone Star

The game does end. My results were above average in a bad way. My reaction time was 0.46 seconds slower while texting and 22% more gates missed while texting. Comparing that to the average is not good. The average is reaction time of 0.26 seconds slower while texting and 8% more gates missed while texting. And no I did not see the gray lady, I guess I was too busy texting. Glad it is just a game.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to actually respond to 3 different text messages for the game to end.

I didn't do quite as bad as I thought I was going to but still bad when you think about it. I was 0.16 seconds slower while texting but didn't miss any gates! Then again I am a female!!!!! :thumbsup:

(Couldn't resist! :devilish: )

those scores must have been from teenagers doing it. I was 1.2 seconds slower and missed 28% more gates LOL That smoldering wreck in lane 2 was me BTW LOL

In all honesty though. This is a HUGE problem now a days. I see WAY WAY WAY too many kids texting and driving, same goes for adults but they should know better anyways. I would LOVE to show kids in a drivers ed class some of the crash scenes we have been on and what the people look like afterwards. I actually had a Pt with the phone impailed in her shoulder!! Besides the steering wheel, ebrake lever, shifter handle and what was left of the windshield in various other parts of her anatomy. Would have been a perfect example for the teenagers to show the effects of a high speed collision. Might scare some of these kids straight actually.

I know we bring actual vehicles to the schools once a year but it does not have the same effect on the kids as actual flesh and blood. Actually the flesh and blood might not work either, they are too damn numb to it from everything. maybe an autopsy might do the trick. Not one of those CSI, NCIS tv show autopsies but a real live MVA autopsy.

Ok I'll go put my soap box away now and go back in the corner and take my meds :icecream:

Edited by UGLyEMT

You have to actually respond to 3 different text messages for the game to end.

I didn't do quite as bad as I thought I was going to but still bad when you think about it. I was 0.16 seconds slower while texting but didn't miss any gates! Then again I am a female!!!!! :thumbsup:

(Couldn't resist! :devilish: )

Your a female? Any proof?:blink:

Oh sorry thinking of that aussie pervert that we have post here. :thumbsup:

I obviously can't text and drive mine was worse than any posted so far.

And Richard if it weren't for the fastest internet being DSL on my home phone I would no longer own a home phone. When the home phone rings scares me because just don't use it anymore.

Edited by spenac

I didn't think there was an end to the game. Interesting little test though ...

Here's one reason why I don't text and drive ...

Towards the end of August 2009 I attended to what came in as a car vs ped. My patient turned out to be an 18 year old male who was working with two others, planting some trees in a median on a busy city thoroughfare I've driven on hundreds of times myself. He was walking behind his work truck that a co-worker was slowly backing up, picking up traffic cones as they had completed their work. A 24 year old female was driving along at around 70 to 80 km/h texting someone when she smashed into the back of this truck. My patient's coworkers apparently say she jumped out of her car, supposedly while she was still in the process of texting/perhaps sending a new message. They asked "well what about (patient)"? The female driver had no idea she just pinned this person at the torso and legs between a large, modified steel truck box and the front of her Honda. Longer story short (and without going on about on scene stuff, if you want to hear more send me a PM), I feel his carotid disappear under two fingers on my right hand shortly after we get his now meaty-pasta looking legs unpinned.

So this decent kid who came to Canada 6 years ago and was working to support his ailing mother and sister while finishing high school dies. The driver of the Honda lives to drive and text on, I have a CISM, life goes on ... for some ...

Edited by Siffaliss

Siff same situation

call to a ped struck. Pedestrian and friend were working on his disabled car on the shoulder. High school guy texting. HIts the kid on the shoulder. He loses his legs and needs a colostomy. Friend has bumps and bruises all over.

Friend sees High school guy get out with phone in hand. Bystander who was driving behind the kid said that the kid was all over the road and the bystander witnessed the kid texting while driving.

The friend walks up to the high school guy and knocks him out cold with a single hit.

The High school kid says that he wasn't texting but the police pull his phone and look at the text log. They confirm that he was texting up to the time of the accident.

High school kids gets off with a light sentence for C&I

Victim sues kid and family, gets all medical bills paid for and gets a nice tidy sum from the family based on their sons actions.

I went to court as a witness for both trials, the criminal and the civil. It was pretty cool seeing that kid and his family's face when the judge read both verdicts.

The kid and his family continued throughout both trials to claim that their son was not at fault, that it was the fault of the guy he hit.

Poetic justice.

The kid and his family continued throughout both trials to claim that their son was not at fault, that it was the fault of the guy he hit.

Riiight, blame the victim. "He should have known better to be outside his house when I'm driving while texting."

The friend walks up to the high school guy and knocks him out cold with a single hit.

High school kids gets off with a light sentence for C&I

Poetic justice.

That's bullshit. Sorry. It's just so freaking careless, and you wonder what kind of karma will bite that high school kid in the ass. Hopefully it's as least as painful as the grief he's doled out. Good on the friend for knocking the kid out cold, that's a teeny taste of the punishment he SHOULD be receiving.

If you want a pitiful justice system, move to Canada. It pales in comparison to our health care ... *insert snort here*