Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"

tniuqs

Did anyone see the Imam's interview on Larry King.

He did leave the door open to moving the mosque

The pastor in Gainesville has called off his Koran burning because he was assured by the Imam that they were going to be moving the Mosque to an alternate location. This is bullcrap if you ask me.

The FBI met with the Pastor today and he called it off after their meeting.

Now a Baptist church has said that if they call off the burning that that baptist church would do the burning instead.

On Saturday, September 11, 2010, from 8 AM local until at least noon, there is going to be coverage of the reading of the names of those killed on the 2 aircraft and in the "Twin Towers" of the World Trade Center, at the "Ground Zero" site. This will be broadcast on CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and I honestly don't know how many other TV, cable, or Satellite news outlets. Most of the usual Saturday morning "Kid-Vid" will be pre-empted for this broadcast.

While I do not know specifics, as I am in New York, there will also be coverage in the field in Pennsylvania (the "Let's Roll" plane crash site), and at the Pentagon in Washington, DC.

The "Muslim World" will be "upset" with us if we do not let the Mosque open in downtown NY? I have over 3,000 reasons of being more than a bit "upset", just in the New York City area, not to mention their families they left behind.

Due to the actions of "a few", there is a lot of distrust of the overall Muslim world. It won't matter if they have anything to do with the planning and implementation of the 9-11-01 Attack or not: witness how many uninvolved Japanese in the US were put into Internment camps like Manzanar (spelling?) in the days and months after Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941? It took way longer for that "wound" to heal, even after the Second World War ended, than the time that has elapsed from this century's new "Date that will live in infamy".

Let me sum it up: No new Mosque near "Ground Zero", let's rebuild the Greek Orthodox Church to it's original size, and let's NOT have a bonfire of ANYONE'S religious books or artifacts.

While I am a member of the FDNY, the views expressed are strictly mine, and might not reflect the viewpoints of the FDNY, or EMT City.

witness how many uninvolved Japanese in the US were put into Internment camps like Manzanar (spelling?) in the days and months after Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941? It took way longer for that "wound" to heal, even after the Second World War ended, than the time that has elapsed from this century's new "Date that will live in infamy".

However, last time I checked the internment camps aren't exactly viewed as a shining moment of our history to be proud of. 70 years from now are we going to look back with shame over the discussion about a community center as we look back with shame at the internment camps where we imprisoned innocent citizens for no better reason than where their ancestors came from?

A Question: Say you wanted to invest in the opening of a gay bar next to the proposed mosque in NYC. After all, to our 'Great One', It's all about constitutional rights and tolerance of others isn't it? Or would it be insensitive to put one up next to the mosque given their beliefs against homosexuality?

Greg Gutfield To Open A Gay Bar Next To Ground Zero Mosque To Cater To “Islamic Gay Men”

http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2010/08/greg-gutfeld-to-open-gay-bar-next-to.html

No, this is not a joke. In fact, it is instead one of the most brilliant pieces of provocations in recent years. Greg Gutfieldfrom Fox News’ Red Eyeannounced today via his blog that he is actively speaking to investors and plans on opening a gay bar next to the controversial mosque being built near Ground Zero in New York. To make matters worse (better?) the bar will be specifically designed to cater to homosexuals of the Islamic faith. God, this is going to be an exciting block.

Here’s Gutfield’s entire post which he will expand upon during tonight’s Red Eye:

“So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it’s all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.

As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque – after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law – who can stop them?

Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I’ve decided to do the same thing.

I’m announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

This is not a joke. I’ve already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn’t look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps – but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

My place, however, will have better music.”

Anyway here are a few 'Proposed' name ideas for bar:

"Outfidels"

"You Mecca me Crazy",

"Turbin Cowboys". .....

Here are a few other contenders:

30. Honor Drillings

29. Jihard

28. Filthy Omar’s Rusty Trombone

27. The Arabian Queen

26. Dune Biters

25. Goat's Night Off

24. The Pink Prophet

23. The Leather Burqa

22. Git Mo

21. Pig in a Poke

20. Sheiks & Freaks

19. Sodom and Gonorrhea

18. Osama Bin Dover

17. The Exploding Goat

16. Weapons of Ass Destruction

15. Alla Assbar

14. Anderson Cooper's Apartment

13. The Sticky Prophet

12. The Sphinxter

11. Grind Zero

10. Nuclear Fuel Rods

9. Hassan's TestostoRoom

8. Turbuns

7. Bunker Busters

6. The Tali-bone

5. Al-Jizzera

4. The Gaza Stripper

3. The Sandy Gerbil

2. The Camel’s Hump

1. Hide the Minaret

Having read that last posting, if I ever go near the block where the Mosque, if built, or the bar, if built, would be located, I've got to find a portable Faraday cage, and a Kevlar Vest, to protect myself, as the lightning will be flying!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just heard today that the only church destroyed at the site was a greek church.

they want to rebuild the church on the site.

Mayor Bloomberg says he doesn't want to allow it because it might be offensive to some!!!

WTF - he's OK with a mosque very very close to the site yet he's not ok with a church being rebuilt.

What a crock of crap.

Well, if you are going to get upset you need to know WHY you are upset.

First, the Port Authority offered to relocate the church about 100 yards away and offered PUBLIC money to do so...over 20 Million of our tax dollars which should NEVER be spent building a religious building of any type.

The church then made more cash demands and were being wankers about the entire move and construction, etc.

The reason the Port Authority wanted to relocate the church is because they are building an underground truck screening area with bomb blast walls, etc.

After the church got silly with their demands, the Port Authority said screw it, deal is off. The Port Authority has NOT restricted the church from building on the exact same spot. They have permission to proceed-they always have.

The caveat is the Port Authority still needs that underground truck screening area which serves the greater good for that area. So the Port Authority is going to go ahead and use eminent domain to do their construction under the church's site and the church can continue to whine and scream discrimination or they try and patch up the road they tore up and seize the PUBLIC money which was offered. (Disgusting)

This church was 1200 sq ft and served 70 families in the area.

They passed up a 24000 sq ft facility with 10s of millions of public dollars.

So...if you are gonna comment, as always get some facts and not hearsay bullshit.

I only commented on what I heard today. If I had all the information that you have then i'd have posted that.

Can I ask where you got your info from? I want to go back and read about this.

i do agree that public money should not be spent on stuff like this.

I did not know that it only served 70 families.

See with the right info it's a different story.

But what I do have a question is to why do you say that they are going to try to seize the money? I don't understand that comment. Care to clarify?