Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"

tniuqs

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=%22christian+church%22&sll=34.386229,132.468166&sspn=0.070832,0.154324&ie=UTF8&hq=%22christian+church%22&hnear=&ll=34.389629,132.452202&spn=0.07437,0.219727&t=h&z=13

Oh my God. It's so insensitive to have so many Christian Churches in Hiroshima. Placing Western religious buildings in a town absolutely destroyed by Western powers? We should say "No!" to our Ground Zero Churches in Hiroshima. It's so insensitive to have victory churchs in a town like that!

Wait, isn't this the same argument against the mosque? Everyone against the mosque is against the Ground Zero Churches, correct?

• Like 1

Alternatively, some of us don't believe in compromising the Constitution in the name of fear mongering.

The only fear involved is that this mosque will incite horrible problems if it is built. It will further divide an already far too divided country and cause further resentment from people who were harmed because of the events of that day.

I understand political differences, but on something like this, there should be no disagreement.

Where's the synagogue in Mecca?

Tolerance goes both ways.

We aren't talking about any other country other than the USA>

Building a synagogue in Mecca would never happen because their leaders would squash the building of that synoagogue.

There is no freedom of religion in Mecca so that's a moot point.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=%22christian+church%22&sll=34.386229,132.468166&sspn=0.070832,0.154324&ie=UTF8&hq=%22christian+church%22&hnear=&ll=34.389629,132.452202&spn=0.07437,0.219727&t=h&z=13

Oh my God. It's so insensitive to have so many Christian Churches in Hiroshima. Placing Western religious buildings in a town absolutely destroyed by Western powers? We should say "No!" to our Ground Zero Churches in Hiroshima. It's so insensitive to have victory churchs in a town like that!

Wait, isn't this the same argument against the mosque? Everyone against the mosque is against the Ground Zero Churches, correct?

JP, I don't believe we are talking about Japan. We are not talking about Mecca, nor are we talking about Germany or any other country. Those arguments are moot. We are only talking about america. In Mecca there would be no discussion even starting, in Hiroshima same thing. Nagasaki nope, not there either.

Only in America do we even get to discuss this type of thing. We need to cherish that freedom. If we were in Mecca this discussion would be quickly stopped.

So you want to hold the United States to the standards of Saudi Arabia?

I don't want to hold the US to the same standards as Saudi Arabia. That would be silly.

I don't want to hold the US to the same standards as Saudi Arabia. That would be silly.

Then why bring Mecca into this?

Oh, and New York showed their true colors over the weekend.

At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims.

"Go home," several shouted from the crowd.

"Get out," others shouted.

In fact, the two men – Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called "The Way." Both said they had come to protest the mosque.

"I'm a Christian," Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face.

But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.

"I flew nine hours in an airplane to come here," a frustrated Nassralla said afterward.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/opinions/kelly/95748769_On_this_ground__zero_tolerance.html?page=all

Why do New Yorkers hate Christians?

Video of the Coptic Christians being verbally attacked for being... well.. I'm not entirely sure why the mob acted that way since they weren't Muslims.

Exactly. They want tolerance but give none.

So you hold Saudi Arabia as the gold standard for civil rights? Oh, and also, Vatican City. Why should Christians (since I'm sure that there isn't just one form of Islam just like there isn't one form of Christianity or Judaism) expect tolerance when Vatican City gives none?

Edited by JPINFV

So you hold Saudi Arabia as the gold standard for civil rights? Oh, and also, Vatican City. Why should Christians (since I'm sure that there isn't just one form of Islam just like there isn't one form of Christianity or Judaism) expect tolerance when Vatican City gives none?

How many instances of terror attacks on innocent men, women, and children have been perpetrated by Christians in the last 50 years or so?

Now, shall we list how many attacks Muslims have been responsible for in that same time period?

Pretending something did not happen does not make it go away, nor does it make the acts any less egregious.

Read the requirements, ideals, and values in the Koran and tell me again about how Muslims feel about tolerance, and what they require of those who follow that religion.

BTW- bad example-

Saudi Arabia follows Sharia law, which by definition is INTOLERANT. It mandates standards of behavior, morals, and makes criminal penalties for those who do not follow it. NO other religion dictates so much of someone's life.