Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"

tniuqs

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Coloring-History-Tragedy-128392763.html

So as 9-11 is comming closer to the 10 year anniversery there are going to be many activities going on in NY. The other day I was watching the news and there was a new coloring book being published for children. I have found a website that shows a picture of an Navy Seal shooting at Bin Laden, it goes as far as the bullet being a part of the picture. The book is intended for 6-8 year olds.

Personally if my child came home with this book it would become fire starter. I cant imagine anyone actually creating this coloring book.

Just thought I would throw this out there for those to comment

Re David Koresh (spelling?): Did any authority ever go public as to what, or possibly who, started the fires? One version was that the Davidians started the fires, just coinciding with the tanks pushing the teargas into the buildings. Teargas is flamible (spelling, sorry, spellcheck still down) which most folks don't recall.

• Like 1

As far as the whole Waco incdent, the reports are clearly divided into two sides. The supporters of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians will say that the government used incendiary devices when they started launching tear gas grenades into the buildings of the compound.

There is evidence to prove that the fires that wiped the place out and killed so many were started in multiple locations in response to the tanks being used to breech the walls of the buildings.

Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols used both Waco and the stand off at Ruby Ridge, Idaho as 'justification' for bombing the Afred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City.

As far as St. Nicholas goes, the Port Authority DID offer to move the church, and even offered more money to help with financing reinforced walls because it was being built over the screening area that led directly to the parking structures being built at Ground Zero.

What ISN'T being said is that St. Nicholas already had their own property and only wanted to rebuild on it, but was denied. Further, if the church HAD built on the proposed site offered by the Port Authority, the church was limited to size and height because of it's location to Ground Zero.

Unfortunately, none of these restrictions were made on the mosque/cultural center that has everybody up in arms.

No, the Port Authority didnt HAVE to offer the property to the church, but by the same token, the church DIDN'T HAVE to move, they already had their own property that they've owned for years.

Ultimately, the Port Authority backed out of the deal when the officials at St. Nicholas wanted to see the proposed plans for the screening area that was going to be directly under their church.

Additionally, the particular board that approved the plans for the mosque/cultural center has no authority in regards to churches and religious matters.

These points are mentioned around page17 and later in this thread.

http://www.usatoday....odox23_ST_N.htm

I would challenge any of those claiming that the fires were started in many areas to provide proof of that.

I was unemployed during the congressional hearing when this was reviewed...I watched very minute...A few things I remember clearly...

The video of the fire starting from the tank...Once source

The video of the earth movers turning the cars so that the bullet holes facing the FBI would appear to be facing the BDs.

You MUST explain the missing front door.

The testimony of the FBI snipers refusing to participate in the project with the rules of engagement hand written on a piece of paper.

The video of the FBI claiming that they were there to confiscate weapons, up to and including .50 caliber weapons and Sonny Bono asking "Is approaching an enemy that has access to .50 caliber weapons normally done with a livestock trailer covered by a plastic tarp?"

What a bunch of nonsense to say that the mosque should just move to another place. Have you been to New York? Is it your belief that you can just pick and choose apiece of property to build on? It's clear that the property for the mosque was purchased long before 911.

Do you really want to compare the crimes committed by the Taliban to those committed Christians? Yeah, I didn't think so. The crimes committed by Christians are far and away the most heinous. There's no question there....

The vast majority of Taliban are being tracked down and killed by Muslims. Up to the time of Jesus the King James Bible and the Koran are the same document. There are no serious questions there in my opinion...

For me..our Muslim brothers and sisters are no different than our Christian, Buddhist, Atheist brothers and sisters. Until they, as individuals or groups, choose to do evil against my family or country, they have the same rights and privileges as everyone else.

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 3

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-128392763.html

So as 9-11 is comming closer to the 10 year anniversery there are going to be many activities going on in NY. The other day I was watching the news and there was a new coloring book being published for children. I have found a website that shows a picture of an Navy Seal shooting at Bin Laden, it goes as far as the bullet being a part of the picture. The book is intended for 6-8 year olds.

Personally if my child came home with this book it would become fire starter. I cant imagine anyone actually creating this coloring book.

This coloring book creates no conflict for me. Kids need to learn history.

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-128392763.html

This coloring book creates no conflict for me. Kids need to learn history.

I would challenge any of those claiming that the fires were started in many areas to provide proof of that.

I was unemployed during the congressional hearing when this was reviewed...I watched very minute...A few things I remember clearly...

The video of the fire starting from the tank...Once source

The video of the earth movers turning the cars so that the bullet holes facing the FBI would appear to be facing the BDs.

You MUST explain the missing front door.

The testimony of the FBI snipers refusing to participate in the project with the rules of engagement hand written on a piece of paper.

The video of the FBI claiming that they were there to confiscate weapons, up to and including .50 caliber weapons and Sonny Bono asking "Is approaching an enemy that has access to .50 caliber weapons normally done with a livestock trailer covered by a plastic tarp?"

Dwayne

Howdy Dwane,

I didn't remember all of those details but am impressed that you do. I don't "support" Koresh but agree that all americans should be treated justly under the law.There is no doubt to me that there was an "agenda" in Waco.

Ruby Ridge was another monumental screw up. They had no reason to kill those kids or the woman, The only rationale was created by the officers.

In Waco I seem to remember that the Texas Rangers seized the scene and ran all of the feds off. I bet the Ranger's report has the true story. They should have let the Rangers handle the entire scenario.

I can see it now. One guy in a cowboy hat, knocks on the door and returns with Koresh in cuffs.... or not, but the Rangers are cool that way.

Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols used both Waco and the stand off at Ruby Ridge, Idaho as 'justification' for bombing the Afred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City.

Sadly enough government abuse seems to push wackos over the edge.

Re David Koresh (spelling?): Did any authority ever go public as to what, or possibly who, started the fires? One version was that the Davidians started the fires, just coinciding with the tanks pushing the teargas into the buildings. Teargas is flamible (spelling, sorry, spellcheck still down) which most folks don't recall.

During the hearings they had pretty sophisticated overhead camera coverage, infrared and such, I'm not sure what was creating the images but they were clear as a bell. It showed a tank push in on one end of the building, an explosion, and then the fire begin to burn. The guys in the tank swear that there was no explosion, that they didn't start the fire, but the film is pretty clear. I don't remember for sure but it seems to me the same scenario was played out on the other end of the building.

They'd had an FBI agent living there for some time, undercover, and during the Congressional hearings testified that not only did he now see the weapons that were alleged, but also that David Koresh drank in the same bar 5 nights per week...that there was never any reason to try and take him by force on the compound. And this from an Febee...

I don't know what the motivation for the attack was but it was obviously not guns, as, as Mr. Bono noted, you don't charge a well armed enemy in a livestock trailer covered with a plastic tarp.

All those people murdered and not a single official held accountable. I'm not a radical, but I can certainly see why the radicals would consider that an act of war committed by our government against our own people and our constitution.

Dwayne

Dwayne

Yeah, I was appalled at what happened at Waco. The assault by the FBI and others was a terrible one.

I don't remember much more of the particulars as I wasn't paying much attention to the standoff. It was like the news today, same old same ole from the same old group of biased individuals. They only put out what they or the government wanted the public to hear.

Why were there not any more interviews of those who got out prior to the fire? Because those in power didn't want us to know what really might have been going on there.

When I saw the fire that morning, I knew that everyone in that compound was now dead and it was our government at thehands of the slaughter and I was disgusted with what I was seeing. hope that some got out quickly came to knowing they didn't.

It was I think the most feasible and easiest way that our government had to get rid of the witnesses and those who could actually tell the truth.

I think that this was the first time I had cried in a very long time.

And we wonder why the government is not to be trusted.

Come on, guys. I'm not going to even begin to defend how this whole mess was handled but do you really think that the government, the same body that can barely function on a day to day basis, is capable of such a deep and wide ranging conspiracy? That would require a level of competence that they've never possessed. Never mind the silence that would be demanded by everyone involved to avoid the mess that would exist should "the truth" get out.

Here's the arson report. Take it for what it's worth.

Come on, guys. I'm not going to even begin to defend how this whole mess was handled but do you really think that the government, the same body that can barely function on a day to day basis, is capable of such a deep and wide ranging conspiracy?

who knows Mike, they occasionally have to do something that actually succeeds. Not often but occasionally.