Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"

tniuqs

So you hold Saudi Arabia as the gold standard for civil rights?

What corner of your ass did you pull that from?

I'm not even talking about SA specifically. I meant Muslims in general.

Edited by CBEMT

What corner of your ass did you pull that from?

I'm not even talking about SA specifically. I meant Muslims in general.

You're replying to a comment about Mecca, a city in the country of Saudi Arabia. I find it hard to fault all Muslims for the actions of one country just because that one country holds an important religious site, even if the religion demands at least one pilgrimage to the site in the follower's lives.

Also, based on the actions of a majority of Christians (and not limited to any specific country), I can make a very valid claim that Christians, in general, are not tolerant. Fred Phelps, California Prop 9, the KKK. Christians, in general, just can't get along with other people.

• Like 1

Those damn faith groups are at it again...just attacking random Muslim taxi drivers...these faith based groups are out of control..ALL of them, pure evil!!

Heck of way to promote inter faith dialogue!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_cabbie_stabbed;_ylt=AjJrfjN3z7ZDD_U6y5mtGq1bbBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTM2M3RrODZ1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwODI1L3VzX2NhYmJpZV9zdGFiYmVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3BvbGljZW55Y2FiYg--

NYC suspect believed to volunteer for faith group

AP

NEW YORK – A group that promotes interfaith dialogue says one of its volunteers is likely the man who's been accused of stabbing a New York taxi driver after asking whether he was Muslim.

The Rev. Robert Chase of Intersections International says he believes that Michael Enright, who is in police custody, has volunteered for the group, based on the police saying Enright is from Brewster, N.Y., and other details. A Facebook profile for a man named Michael Enright lists the same hometown and employment at Intersections International.

Those damn faith groups are at it again...just attacking random Muslim taxi drivers...these faith based groups are out of control..ALL of them, pure evil!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_cabbie_stabbed;_ylt=AjJrfjN3z7ZDD_U6y5mtGq1bbBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTM2M3RrODZ1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwODI1L3VzX2NhYmJpZV9zdGFiYmVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNQRwb3MDNQRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3BvbGljZW55Y2FiYg--

AP

NEW YORK – A group that promotes interfaith dialogue says one of its volunteers is likely the man who's been accused of stabbing a New York taxi driver after asking whether he was Muslim.

The Rev. Robert Chase of Intersections International says he believes that Michael Enright, who is in police custody, has volunteered for the group, based on the police saying Enright is from Brewster, N.Y., and other details. A Facebook profile for a man named Michael Enright lists the same hometown and employment at Intersections International.

I can see it now. "All volunteers are murderers" heck if it works for "All terrorists are muslim" then I'm sure they can make it work for that one.

http://news.yahoo.co...GljZW55Y2FiYg--

AP

There is MUCH more to this story. From what I understand, Intersections is a supporter of the Ground Zero mosque, so I do not understand why this guy identifies with them.

You're replying to a comment about Mecca, a city in the country of Saudi Arabia. I find it hard to fault all Muslims for the actions of one country just because that one country holds an important religious site, even if the religion demands at least one pilgrimage to the site in the follower's lives.

Yeah. It's just the Saudis that wouldn't want a synagogue in Mecca. Ok. :rolleyes:

Ok, AK

You have been there and I bow to your understanding but let me ask you this

15 Christians fly 4 planes into various buildings in Mecca. They kill 3500 or so people in doing so.

Fast forward 9 years into the future and a Christian Group decides they are going to build a Cathedral or a Temple or some religious building 2 blocks away from the site of where those 3500 people died. They call it a cultural center but there is a place for christians to worship in this cultural center.

You are telling me that this would be welcomed with open arms because they manage their freedom better? You are saying that this would be a welcome discussion in Mecca?

If you can tell me that this cultural center would be welcomed then I'll not question you further but if you can't then I have to disagree with you calling my last post ignorant.

You know me, I'm always open to being shown where I'm wrong. But I truly don't think that this discussion would be welcomed in Mecca. Maybe I am truly taking the american or US view point but I do try to see all sides of the argument.

I thought this was an interesting question you posed that required some thinking on for a little while. But then it dawned on me, it is really a pointless question. Just because Saudi Arabia wouldn't allow us build a cultural center at their Mecca doesn't mean that we have to follow suit on our own soil. We (supposedly) run this country on our own morals and values, not theirs. If we are supposed to be tolerant to the practice of religion, then that tolerance should be distributed equally to all, throughout the country.

I thought this was an interesting question you posed that required some thinking on for a little while. But then it dawned on me, it is really a pointless question. Just because Saudi Arabia wouldn't allow us build a cultural center at their Mecca doesn't mean that we have to follow suit on our own soil. We (supposedly) run this country on our own morals and values, not theirs. If we are supposed to be tolerant to the practice of religion, then that tolerance should be distributed equally to all, throughout the country.

I didn't think it was pointless.

I have my reasons why I don't think it's pointless but they are too long to post here with all the assorted nuances accompanied to them.

I would welcome the discussion though but it's better for a private convo.

Matt, I lost your phone number in a recent phone crash. Can you pM me your number again. OR just send me a text if you still have mine.

Take care

How many synagogues are in Vatican City?

NONE!!!!!!!!!!

But the pope is going to visit the synagogue in Rome though, I think it's the only synagogue in Rome.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/popes_visit_to_roman_synagogue_confirmed/

But isn't Vatican City 100% roman catholic in nature so why are we even discussing a Synagogue in Vatican City. Isnt' this question a red herring?

Edited by Ruffems