Michael Jackson has died

akflightmedic

Oh, I see applied logic here so are you are stating you are an atheist ?

Swear to God!

Naah, ah ain't a atheist.

I is what is called, agnostic.

Actually, 'militant agnostic'. I don't know and neither do you!

You have no examples to follow to lead you in your life, very sad so what do you believe in ?

Who say dat?

You?

Do you need to follow someone?

I don't. So glad for it.

I believe in honor of my comrades and service to my patients, no matter what their beliefs may be, it could be this is my religion in fact ... dare I commit.

You call that religion?

Look it up.

Query: I believe your US currency states "IN GOD WE TRUST" it built your nation did it not ? But then again I could be in error and a sad state of affairs, really with no belief in Santa.

Irrelevent.

Please, others have attempted to take a knife to a gun fight with me

Apparently you need to load that gun.

and I KNOW that many that are just waking up on EMT city and can be armed to the teeth, you indeed are asking for more conflict ... or is that what you wish for perhaps .... some guidance, some dirrection ?

I'm always open to discussion.

Personally since you ask I try to have respect for others beliefs, as for my own,

I have no respect for lies and man-made myths.

Do you?

I will not commit as you are not worthy at this time, you have many miles to walk to become my equal.

Humble, are we? (But I like your directness!.)

Yes, I'd have to walk miles backwards to meet you. Unwilling.

FYI:

In Buddhism, karma (Pāli kamma) is strictly distinguished from vipāka, meaning "fruit" or "result". Karma is categorized within the group or groups of cause (Pāli hetu) in the chain of cause and effect, where it comprises the elements of "volitional activities" (Pali sankhara) and "action" (Pali bhava). Any action is understood to create "seeds" in the mind that will sprout into the appropriate result (Pāli vipaka) when they meet with the right conditions. Most types of karmas, with good or bad results, will keep one within the wheel of samsāra; others will liberate one to nirvāna.

Buddhism relates karma directly to motives behind an action. Motivation usually makes the difference between "good" and "bad", but included in the motivation is also the aspect of ignorance; so a well-intended action from an ignorant mind can easily be "bad" in the sense that it creates unpleasant results for the "actor".

Say what?

I wish karma existed.

I have done so much good, in so many areas, for so many people and plants and animals (no rocks), for so much of my life, I would look forward to karma.

Alas, it is but another man-made myth.

Does HE have Children, like you know if he was killed in a house fire saving a basement ?

Wuh?

Where would that be ? Respect for the dead ?

Wuh?

24 hours after his memorial ? WOW, great taste, maybe you would like to tell a Princess Diane death joke too?

Too long ago. I began hearing them within hours of her death.

Now a glimmer of hope from your friend and I once again hope that M.J.'s children NEVER read your poor attempt black humor.

They will learn of them from many other sources long before here.

What is now most interesting is you R.G. .... as you hang on my every word,

Are your words are that lofty?

I bet many others are laughing at your continued stupidity.

Who cares?

I pray to my spirit guide that they will be shielded,

How about your spirit guide intervening and not allowing their father to die?

That's a lot better than "shielding".

Probably contrary to spirit guide rule: 86, subsection 1.

you now face a choice Robert, I can be a mentor or _________ !

Spirit guide?

Who told you to believe in that nonsense?

My spirit guide say your spirit guide wrong. (Mine Asian)

So there.

But thank you for your offer, Oh Humble One.

cheers

Sorry that all the quotes do not appear. Am I replying incorrectly?

Some years before either HIPAA or the FDNY merger, a Public Information Officer of the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation EMS got into trouble for violating Patient Confidentiality policies, by announcing that Michael Jackson had been transported by an EMS unit, and announced to which hospital he had been taken. He had collapsed during a rehearsal.With that in mind, and I emphasize that this is my speculation, maybe he did have some sort of medical problem.

While I don't recall specifics, I do remember hearing Princess Diana jokes within 24 hours of her death. Also, again not recalling specifics, I was hearing NASA Space Shuttle Challenger jokes within 8 hours of the spacecraft's blowing up.

I recall reports that, in New York City neighborhoods predominantly occupied by people from Arab backgrounds, there was dancing in celebration of the collapse of the World Trade Center, until they started being assaulted by others. I can tell you that the gas station attendants at my gas station were assaulted by people believing them to be Moslems, when, as they were almost all from India, or descended from people who were from India, were more likely Hindu or Sikh religion members.

As for watching the spectacle from the Staples Center, had I my "drothers*", I wouldn't have watched at all, but I was, by a majority of Fire Fighters, EMTs, Paramedics, and "non-uniformed civilian" employees in control of the TVs at FDNY Headquarters, outvoted. So, I just let the TV drone on. At least it was with some music, which the pre-empted Jerry Springer and Steve Wilcox Shows never has.

As for Santa, link to http://www.newseum.org/yesvirginia/ for if he exists or not.

*For those who don't speak my kind of American "slanguage" (slang language), "drothers" is translated as "I'd drother be doing something else".

Edited by Richard B the EMT

I believe stacking quotes (quotes with in quotes) down the response screen is frowned upon.

Edited by 4c6

Don't ask me. I still haven't figured out the new quoting system since we migrated to the new board format. :angry:

Heard a rumor that MJ may have been a castrated as a kid. In order to keep singing high notes.

Happened all the time in italy. last century. not kidding.

What a way to go.

RIP. Cheers.

Yes. Called castrati.

Can't imagine that something that barbaric would be done, or allowed, in the 20th Century.

Johann Sebastian Bach and others even wrote parts for castrati.

How did they "surgically" accomplish such castrations then without anesthesia and without infections?

Horrible.

But I do not believe MJ was altered.

Excerpt from www.essortment.com

During the Baroque period, 1600 to 1750, male sopranos and altos comprised about 70 percent of all operatic singers.

Male sopranos in opera were a matter of necessity. Women, especially in countries where the Catholic Church had firm control, were forbidden on the stage so castrati played both the women’s parts and the hero as well. Nearly every church choir used pre-pubescent boys to sing the high parts in choral works because women were also not allowed to participate in church services. Thus, the finest of the boy sopranos were picked by music masters for castration.

During puberty a boy’s vocal chords enlarge enormously, caused by an increased production of anderogen hormones. Castration prevented the necessary flow of hormones and arrested growth. Afterwards the castrato would have the high voice of a boy soprano, but the lung power of a full-grown man.

Castration was performed by cutting the blood supply to the testicles, or by amputating them altogether. The victim was placed in a warm bath to soften the testes and the operation was performed after the patient was rendered unconscious.

How? Alcohol?

After recovery, the boy would begin an intensive study of music and singing that could sometimes last ten years or more.

Although castration did little to damage a castrato's intellect, it did pose serious health and emotional problems. Most castrati suffered from the effects of developmental hypogonadism, including infantile penis and an underdeveloped prostate. They also had more developed subcutaneous fat than the normal male, fat deposits localized on the hips, buttocks and breast areas, fatty deposits on the eyelids, and skin that sometimes appeared wrinkled or swollen. The arms and legs of many castrati were unusually long as compared to the torso (the long bones never stopped growing), which made them look distorted.

Many of the castrati’s well-documented personality disorders were a direct result of their disfigurement, as well as their inability to lead normal sex lives. They were neither man nor woman, but something in between. On one hand they were much admired for their singing, but on the other they were taunted unmercifully about their condition.

Castrati tended to be fat, volatile, conceited, and almost impossible to get along with.

Composer George Frederick Handel’s notorious shouting matches with his castrato Senesino, for instance, were well-known throughout England.

On the other hand, especially when it suited their purposes, a castrato could be entirely charming. Sometimes they were so respected and adored that they were able to gain great political influence.

The last performance of an operatic castrato in an opera was in London in 1825. Giovanni Battista Velluti performed in Meyerbeer’s “Il Crociato.” Underemployed, Velluti had hoped for a comeback of the castrato to the opera. But by then, London had not heard the voice of a castrato in over 25 years. In a city that had welcomed Senesino with open arms a century before, the local newspapers now implored their readers not to allow women into the theater to witness such a travesty of nature.

Velluti, the last operatic castrato, died of old age in 1861 -- a relic of a past that could not be resurrected.

I would have expected the MD to have examined MJ with 12-lead prior to all of this.

Hopefully something would have been revealed.

Once MJ went asystole, I'd expect the MD to keep him salvageable if a witnessed arrest.

Difficult to understand how a previously healthy young MJ was allowed to deteriorate to such a condition, especially with a personal physician in his employ.

How do you know he didn't have a 12-lead?

How do you know it would have shown something?

How do you know that if it was done and it did show something non-specific that the death could have been prevented for sure?

You're making it seem like if it had been a top notch doctor, he would have lived for sure.

How the heck do you keep someone salvageable if they go into asystole? His body either has the ability to survive if all medical interventions are done perfectly or it doesn't (and no matter what is done, he would have died)?

Seriously, do you understand medicine?

Medicine is crude science, not magic...

Nature doesn't go "oh, they did all their procedures right, so I'll go ahead and let this guy survive". In the end nature wins, regardless of what we do, even at 50 and "not obese" (as if that were the determining fact - eye roll - )

How do you know he didn't have a 12-lead?

How do you know it would have shown something?

How do you know that if it was done and it did show something non-specific that the death could have been prevented for sure?

You're making it seem like if it had been a top notch doctor, he would have lived for sure.

How the heck do you keep someone salvageable if they go into asystole? His body either has the ability to survive if all medical interventions are done perfectly or it doesn't (and no matter what is done, he would have died)?

Seriously, do you understand medicine?

Medicine is crude science, not magic...

Nature doesn't go "oh, they did all their procedures right, so I'll go ahead and let this guy survive". In the end nature wins, regardless of what we do, even at 50 and "not obese" (as if that were the determining fact - eye roll - )

I don't know.

Merely conjecture, hoping someone will provide updated information and missing information.

Maybe not even a witnessed arrest.

Did his "keepers" call the physician rather than EMS?

Edited by robert gift