Offensive or Freedom of Speech?

ERDoc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERDoc,

I have agreed that the name is wrong, but I do not agree with the government having a say in it! There are stupid people in this world and we have to deal with that.

If we let the government start having a say in this situation ,how do we stop it when it goes to far? Maybe the government starts deciding that other names are wrong and starts banning them. Maybe they decide that all Muslim names are inappropriate and should be banned, maybe common Jewish or biblical names are wrong and should be banned. Where does it stop?

Sorry, the government has a history of taking things too far and stepping all over an individuals personal rights!

ERDoc,

I have agreed that the name is wrong, but I do not agree with the government having a say in it! There are stupid people in this world and we have to deal with that.

If we let the government start having a say in this situation ,how do we stop it when it goes to far? Maybe the government starts deciding that other names are wrong and starts banning them. Maybe they decide that all Muslim names are inappropriate and should be banned, maybe common Jewish or biblical names are wrong and should be banned. Where does it stop?

Sorry, the government has a history of taking things too far and stepping all over an individuals personal rights!

Moses. Hitler. Yes, i see the comparison.

Wow...

Freedom of speech is essentially entrenched in your constitution, but there are limits placed on it every day by the law, including libel, slander, and perjury. If this is interference by a "liberal" government to protect Americans citizens, I would assume the same kind of protection should be offered to children who have no voice in the matter.

This is child abuse - plain and simple. Parents have the responsibility to protect and nurture their children, not use them to make political or personal statements. Would it be ok for to name your child "God is Dead" or "Dogfart" or even "America Sucks" Jones? These kids are doomed to years and years of harassment simply because of the labels they have been given, and by the time they are able to change them it will be far too late.

I have a rather strong feeling that there are other issues involved here too, but in my (admittedly liberal) opinion, the names themselves give adequate reason for intervention. Kids, even kids of White Trash, deserve to at least start their lives without all three strikes against them.

Before you guys jump the gun and say that they took them away because of their names....you have to realize that we aren't getting the whole story here! Maybe the children are being abused, the agency won't release that kind of information so we don't know. I agree that naming your kids that is ridiculous, but i know there has to be another reason for taking the kids away or there would be a BIG lawsuit

Isnt there a football coach or someone in sports named Richard (Dick) Buttkiss? The spelling maybe wrong but the pronounciation is the same.

Dick Butkus, Rodeo, on Mother Jugs & Speed. Richard M. Butkus. Pronounced But Cuss, not Butt Kiss. Played for the Chicago Bears.

Why is it that people only reference free speech when it gives them the ability to be a jack hole? Yes, we have free speech. However, you do not have the right to say whatever crawls into your skull and bear no responsibility for it. The right to swing your fist wherever you want ends at the tip of my nose.

These people are just trying to prove a point and the point is that they're ass clowns. If there were ever candidates for forced sterilization, here they are. Unless there is some very compelling evidence that is not being released, what they are doing is child endangerment and they should be charged as such.

And unfortunately, the kids are ultimately the ones paying for their parents idiocy. Either they are raised by people who don't have the decision making skills to raise a dead goldfish or they go into foster care where they may end up with someone worse. Maybe the "mother" or "father" of these kids has a family member that isn't a f###ing tool that can take care of them.

On the lighter side,

[align=center:ae463a239e] [/align:ae463a239e]

So if Adolf Hitler was the name of a great man would this discussion even be going on. We pick names for our children because we like them for what ever reason. These names will most likely cause these kids grief through out there life and that is a sad thing.

I truely wouldn't like anyone telling me what to name my kids. There has to be other reasons that the kids were taken away. If not all I can see is one big law suite and then you will have another version of the Beverly Hillbillies. :lol: