Echo's Final Post

Echoburger

Hey Echo -good luck-You know that you can be in the service of god and still be a Firefighter/Paramedic..But good luck to you on whatever you truely decide to do..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be a monkeys uncle, was not expecting this but we did have some good discussions my little student. i will still be here if you have any more questions.

dave

As somebody already mentioned, you CAN do both fire fighting, EMS, and the ministry.

I used to work with a Roman Catholic Nun who also taught at the local diocesan school, and still rode with my volunteer ambulance, where I met her in the first place.

Going around religious lines (I'm Jewish, by the way), many in the EMS field consider it (EMS) their own calling!

Well dude, good luck to ya.

I do not see why they can not both be accomplished...why do you think they are not compatiable?

I have been on departments that had clergy affiliated with us. They responded to big scenes, offered counseling to anyone that needed it, etc etc. Several of them were crosstrained as medics and firefighters and there were times they bunkered up and went to work.

While I do not agree with it, one department had a priest on the payroll. This was several years ago and the position may be eliminated by now, however there are plenty of opportunities for you to do both and do both well.

I have enjoyed your presence since day one, you are a bright, inquisitive young man who I think has the right idea and best of intentions...once you get over your whacker phase.

Anyways, I think you should hang around, consider all options and rule nothing out, as you have many, many years ahead of you before such life changing decisions need to be solidified.

You can play with Hot Wheels and Matchbox at the same time...so.......

There are medical missionaries.