What you always thought you knew about Dispatchers......

unknown

We always do don't we? :(

I have the respect of 90% of the officers, crews, and stations I work with. Thats all that matters to me.

Now brent you never fear you will always have my utmost disrespect. :wink: Your one of my favorite dispatchers but thats not saying much. :twisted: :lol::lol::lol::D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now."

I will have you know I keep my NREMTB just as well as anybody- I can work the truck same as you or any one

As an EMT, you should know better than perpetuating myths about schizophrenia.

Basic Assumption About Dispatchers:

Given the opportunity, any Dispatcher will be only too happy to tell you where to go, regardless of whether or not (s)he actually knows where that may be.

Corollary 1:

The existence or non-existence of any given location is of only minor importance to a Dispatcher. Depends on the officer/crew ;)

Corollary 2:

Any street designated as a "Cross-street" by a Dispatcher probably isn't. Blame the CAD programmer

Corollary 3:

If a street name can be mispronounced, a Dispatcher will mispronounce it. Done it

Corollary 4:

If a street name cannot be mispronounced, a Dispatcher will mispronounce it. Done it

Corollary 5:

A Dispatcher will always refer to a given location in the most obscure manner as possible. E.g., "Stumpy Brown's Cabbage Field" is now covered by a shopping center.Hah, sometimes, you can only go by what the caller gave me. And if its 90 year old grandma who only knows it as Stumpy Brown's Cabbage Field, you better be praying you have your 90 year old capt. on who was around with Stumpy Brown was still alive!

Oh...surely not.

This is a truthful statment this happened a few years back on easter eve night at around 21:30 for a structure fire that was only around the corner from the firehouse she sent us past the scene and farther away from the scene the opposite direction. We were laughing it up the next week

This is a truthful statment this happened a few years back on easter eve night at around 21:30 for a structure fire that was only around the corner from the firehouse she sent us past the scene and farther away from the scene the opposite direction. We were laughing it up the next week

It was a structure fire and you actually DROVE PAST IT????????

Got to agree. How did you drive by and not see the smoke or the fire? That sounds like you blew it worse than the dispatcher. Dang maybe we should start a make fun of firefighter topic. ;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :sign5:

Got to agree. How did you drive by and not see the smoke or the fire? That sounds like you blew it worse than the dispatcher. Dang maybe we should start a make fun of firefighter topic. ;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :sign5:

I AGREE oohh that could be sooo much fun.........hhhm who should start it?

you know you people are truly amazing you tear people apart and bite the hands that feed you there are many that have stress beyond maybe they need a career change but then again maybe you people need to grow up ego maniacs that you are when it comes down to it we are all here to do the same thing that we all signed up for and what made us wanna do it to begin with....HELP people.....