What you always thought you knew about Dispatchers......

unknown

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine, the mother says, I just gave him some ant killer..... Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency.

The Basic Principle For Dispatchers:

Assume that all field personnel are idiots until their actions prove your assumption.

The Basic Principle For Field Personnel:

Assume that all dispatchers are idiots until their actions prove your assumption.

Now that all the serious stuff has been dealt with lets get back to having fun at dispatchers expense.

We always do don't we? :(

I have the respect of 90% of the officers, crews, and stations I work with. Thats all that matters to me.

Basic Assumption About Dispatchers:

Given the opportunity, any Dispatcher will be only too happy to tell you where to go, regardless of whether or not (s)he actually knows where that may be.

Corollary 1:

The existence or non-existence of any given location is of only minor importance to a Dispatcher.

Corollary 2:

Any street designated as a "Cross-street" by a Dispatcher probably isn't.

Corollary 3:

If a street name can be mispronounced, a Dispatcher will mispronounce it.

Corollary 4:

If a street name cannot be mispronounced, a Dispatcher will mispronounce it.

Corollary 5:

A Dispatcher will always refer to a given location in the most obscure manner as possible. E.g., "Stumpy Brown's Cabbage Field" is now covered by a shopping center.

The Basic Principle For Dispatchers:

Assume that all field personnel are idiots until their actions prove your assumption.

The Basic Principle For Field Personnel:

Assume that all dispatchers are idiots until their actions prove your assumption.

Fair Enough.... I am game!!

A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine, the mother says, I just gave him some ant killer..... Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency.

tisk!- call poison control!! I dont want a frantic mother wrecking inroute to the ED when I can send a ground unit and call poison control......

OH SORRY! (slaps own hand) we where being funny right!! Sorry! its the dispatcher coming out in me!!!!

I have the respect of 90% of the officers, crews, and stations I work with. Thats all that matters to me.

I agree and I feel the same here,

HOWEVER (and I am sure you agree) I show 100% respect for all those-- If they fall into my 10% collum they will never know it unles they come face to face with me outside of the work place........Then, by golly if they display the same behavior that put them in the 10% collum... they are fair game!!!!!! GAME ON!