What you always thought you knew about Dispatchers......

unknown

But thank you for reinforcing my stereotype of dispatchers sitting around with gay men eating chocolate.

Oh YEE HA!!!!! Go Cowboy!!! Does that make you feel better?!

Pick on those how look out for your but!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha... hahahah...

I don't know what the crap to say to this.

Our dispatch is composed of 6 men and 7 women. So you hear a guys voice just as often as you do a womans.

As far as diffrences between the sexes I won't go there.

(Asys, I see your point, if I ever said something like that, I would hope another man would promply insert a highspeed lead projectile into my crainium)

But they may send you in the wrong direction

had that happen to my station before it took her three shots before she got the right street address

Oh...surely not.

You know what grips me the most about this? A it was a joke sent by a MALE DISPATCHER who is NOT Gay, and You want to jump on it like that?

I know all Ya'll could care less about the credentials and hard work put into the fact that I want to show I am not just another Joe Blow brought in off the street and handed a radio, a phone and a map.

I take pride in what I do, I educate myself for my position that I hold, and NO I don't have the experience from being out in the field but Does THAT mean that I can't be a good Communicator??

AND for he who knows who HE is -- this is for you.

NO, it's not just as simple as being on a phone telling someone how to do CPR. Sure we all know how, we are all Certified.......but as a preceptor KNOW this-- I have trained many and not all can do it. Not every one can handle the call volume..... There are those that CAN and they DO and there are those that CAN'T no matter how hard they try......

Bless there Hearts they TRY but you can't just put ANY body behind a console and expect them to be good at it-- seems to me that all Ya'll know this. So why be so down on those that strive to make a better comm spec? Putting forth the effort to provide quality reponses and assistance to those in the field. Seems like we DISPATCHERS can't win for loosing in your book. We will be low dogs on your totem poll no matter what. AND next time-- don't be afraid to post your comments here........

Your gonna get my response wether you like it or not.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, dispatch.

That wasn't a joke, and yes I posted a funny and I expected fall out but not what Asysin2leads came back with.

:angryfire:

And then there was the private response I got from someone too much of a coward to post what he had to say here..... OH NO he had to hide........ he told me point blank all my hard work and efforts to improve the face of dispatch was pointless.....

That wasn't a joke, and yes I posted a funny and I expected fall out but not what Asysin2leads came back with.

And then there was the private response I got from someone too much of a coward to post what he had to say here..... OH NO he had to hide........ he told me point blank all my hard work and efforts to improve the face of dispatch was pointless.....

The first part I thought was a joke, that is said of all professions such as teachers are always joked at as being unable to do so they teach.

Sorry to hear that there were personal attacks. Ignore them and have fun while you work to advance your chosen profession.

You people are truly pathetic... the girl was trying to start a funny thread, and you arrogant pricks had to go and ruin it, like every thing else. Let's start a thread about ego's in ems... I could go on for hours about most of you. You think you are all high and mighty, looking down on others. Well I tell you what, dispatchers play a very important role in this business.. remember? If you don't like how things are done, and think dispatchers suck.. start your own business, and take your own 911 calls. OHHHHHH WAIT, they use to do that like 100 years ago.. and realized it was STUPID

Get off your high horse, it's leg is broke and needs to be shot. People who feel the need to put others down to boost their own self esteem are scum.. pure scum.

If you want to get into a pissing match on who is better in ems, you need a life. Maybe you just need a new career.