Homosexuality - Why do people still care?

vs-eh?

Do you have a problem with homosexuals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes (explain yourself)
    • No (explain yourself)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Why do we have the ability to formulate opinions? Just to have something to talk about?....why does one need an opinion....why do people care so much what others do....thats my opinion!

I am catholic and it seems people think I'll be against homosexuallity, abortions, etc.... really I couldn't care.

In my opinion people need to stop having so many opinions on issues that won't change their lives...have a BBQ and get some sun, enjoy life.

*I did make this post sound contradicting on itself on purpose, just a little fun* :wink:

I have loved reading all of the post on this topic.

I am gay and have been pretty much all of my life, well as much as I remember. I have been with my partner for 3 years. We are looking at buying a house very soon. We are complete opposites when it comes to certain views, but it makes life interesting. We was going to church every sunday but have not been able to go since college and work. We are going to start back up soon.

I am out to anyone who ask me. I am one you could not pick out of a crowd. It is funny, I have came out to all of my class that I am graduating with and most was shocked. They never thought I was. I am lucky that everyone is cool with it and have had not problems.

Me and Rusty are complete opposites when it comes to looks. I am overweight and have a beard , while he is skinny as hell and well lets just say you could tell he was in a crowd. We do not sleep around or go to clubs. We lead a normal life if that is what you want to call it. I mean what is normal anyways.

My family is awesome and I am so lucky to have them. My mom has told me she wish I was strait but loves me anyway. My 79 year old grandparents tell rusty they love him and give him hugs all the time. My grandma even cooks certain foods for him since he is picky. My aunts and uncles are aweomse with it too. They have invited him down to stay with them and everything.

I will say I did not choose this lifestyle. I mean can you chose to be gay then strait then back. I knew something was up when I was younger just never knew what it was. I have almost commited suicide but thought WHY? so people may not like it but who cares. Most who do not like it have something they are hiding whether it is drug use or something.

I think mostly it is your personal relationship with GOD. I mean there are how many different branches of Christianity? sorry for spelling. There are baptist to penicostal to mormans. I mean all are christians but have different thoughts. I mean there are how many different types of baptist alone. I can say this being raised a baptist. LOL

Oh well. I think it is weird that I am the only one so far that has came out and said they were gay.

Brock

After having read every post in this thread, I feel compelled to say this:

First off, the poll question is worded in such a way to polarize the discussion. I don't care who's gay/lesbian/bisexual/etc, any more than I care who is Goth/Emo/punk/etc.

It is not for me to judge anyone, as I have enough of my own problems to answer for!

My religious beliefs are just that....MINE, and I will not try to grind someone else's face in them, until they agree with me.

What I don't care for is this:

In today's society, its the 'trend' to accept everything (whether you believe in it or not)....so be it.

BUT....

In a society that seems to think that the further you are away from what society in general accepts as 'normal behavior', the better it is. We have a definate movement that the 'more ______________ (insert your 'alternative' here) you are, the better. Enough is enough.

The Gay Coalition, the Rainbow Push Coalition and any other G/L/B 'orgainization' can hold all the parades and such that they want, but lets show, at least, a modicum of 'class' here! Mardi Gras was mentioned (Primarily, because of all the sexual displays associated with it), but let's be honest...how many people have you seen juggling sex toys in the Rose Bowl Parade, or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade??

I don't care what people do behind closed doors! I don't like being assaulted with it everytime I turn on the television, open a website, or the newspaper!

If we continue to 'blindly accept' anything and everything without constraint, then we'll be innundated with things like NAMBLA parades, parades for those that practice beastiality, Sado/Masochism, etc.

I don't care 'how gay you are'....show some restraint!!

Why should the MAJORITY be forced to acknoledge and accept the views/beliefs/policies of the MINORITIES to the exclusion of the rights/beliefs/views/policies of their own?

I try to keep to my own little corner of the world, but it seems that even there, I cannot follow my religious beliefs, state my political views, and observe my own rites without 'offending' someone else! Since the minorities are being so well 'cared for' in what offends them.....who will 'care' about what I'M offended by? Better yet, does it even matter to society in general what I find offensive?

Lone Star, the answer to your question is that if you are a White Christian with a minimum of values then you will never be accepted. In order to be accepted you have to have some sort of condition that is not in the mainstream.

If you are a white christian male with middle class values then you should just go live in a cave somewhere which is where I am heading soon.

Lone Star, the answer to your question is that if you are a White Christian with a minimum of values then you will never be accepted. In order to be accepted you have to have some sort of condition that is not in the mainstream.

If you are a white christian male with middle class values then you should just go live in a cave somewhere which is where I am heading soon.

Let me know when and where you move...I'll scope out the neighboring caves until I find one that fits my needs, and we'll start our own community!

no, we can't do that. if we do start our own community we'd be accused of discrimination. See we can't win whatever we do.