Homosexuality - Why do people still care?

vs-eh?

Do you have a problem with homosexuals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes (explain yourself)
    • No (explain yourself)

While watching parts of the Amazing Race yesterday it struck me... Two of the teams are gay (male couples). They appear happy (or at least as happy as any heterosexual couple) and are not hurting anyone.

I live in a city where homosexuality is freely practiced and (from what I have seen) never scorned upon. Gay marriage is welcomed. I have homosexual friends and relatives.

Why are issues regarding homosexuality still issues in our countries? Why do people still present "gay marriage" as an "important" issue in politics?

EDIT - I was the first "No" vote.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to me homosexuality isn’t really a big deal, I to have friends that are gay.

I’m pretty sure most people don’t really have an opinion about gay marriage and probably wouldn’t care. As far as I know it’s not really a big issue in Australia.

At school there are two kids (male) that are ‘going out’ while at first it was a shock to most kids they soon got over it. Living in a country town there’s this perception of being a ‘man’ and at first theses kids were horribly teased and taunted but thankful this has stopped but then again they are very good at come backs… There’s now this perception of them being together as being cute and they get more attention from the girls than most guys!

I haven’t really looked into to it nor do I really care but maybe these people who kick up a stick about gay marriage have had a bad experience or come from a certain religion that condemns homosexuality, then again maybe there board and have nothing better to do than to belittle people with different beliefs.

Just my thoughts.

I do not have a problem with people being gay. I have had numerous gay and lesbian friends and both my uncle and sister are gay. My uncle's partner for 40 years developed Liver CA and I took care of him, I always considered him my uncle.

Why is it such an issue? I blame much of it on the gay community. In the early days of the gay rights movement it was all about getting out there, letting people know that their friends and family are gay. Letting everyone know they are normal people, this was a wise and noble stand. Unfortunately this has changed to let's be outrageous as we can be. Have you ever been to a pride parade VS? I have gone numerous times with friends, they used to be about showing who they are, now they have turned into S&M and drag queen shows. The last one I went to had people juggling dildoes down the main streets of Portland. What kind of message does this send to the straight community? Do you see straight people wearing leather chaps and whipping each other? It is not acceptable yet I have seen this happen in pride parades.

If you want peoples respect and acceptance you need to live within their norms. Straight people like kinky sex, really love it in fact. Yet do you see straight women walking down the street wearing strap-ons? No you don't, why because sex is between you and your lover, and most straight and gay people want it that way. It's unfortunate that a small segment of the gay community is still clinging to the idea that gay relationships are all about sex and sex is the face they are going to wear. That's the message they send when they engage in outrageous behavior in public. Oh, and to kill the "straight people do that stuff to" argument in the bud, are straight people who flaunt this behavior accepted anymore than gay people who do? No not really, that's why men getting caught getting BJ's from your local working girls are shown on TV. Society wants to keep sex in private as it should be, gay or straight.

If gay people want acceptance they need to show the straight world that being gay is about monogamy and love, not bathhouses and glory holes.

Peace,

Marty

I think our dog is gay, she only plays well with other girl dogs. Little pervert!!! :lol:

Hmmm how strange that you defend homosexuality (well you have to be pc dont you) and yet you have a sign that clearly states how intoleratant you are toward christians. Would you dare have a sign that shows your comtempt for Muslims? or is that just toooooo scarey - I mean, a fatwah could come against you and the New York Times could cancel your subscription! How odd that it is ok to offend many and yet you suck up to the few!

Hmmm how strange that you defend homosexuality (well you have to be pc dont you) and yet you have a sign that clearly states how intoleratant you are toward christians. Would you dare have a sign that shows your comtempt for Muslims? or is that just toooooo scarey - I mean, a fatwah could come against you and the New York Times could cancel your subscription! How odd that it is ok to offend many and yet you suck up to the few!

Sorry?

As you can see I am a vocal member of this forum. I don't exactly have "tolerance" for Christians or Muslims either...Perhaps during your 1 post (+1) on this forum you could take a look at my many...

p.s - you state "Occupation: Mind opener" = as am emt, I believe that means you are at risk of having your brains fall out!

Read.

p.s - you state "Occupation: Mind opener" = as am emt, I believe that means you are at risk of having your brains fall out!

:shock: