Homosexuality - Why do people still care?

vs-eh?

Do you have a problem with homosexuals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes (explain yourself)
    • No (explain yourself)

I, and arguably the majority of people on earth, view homosexual behavior to be based on deviant sexual behavior with no biological or procreative purpose. Now I realize you will respond by saying that most heterosexual sex is non-procreative. To this I would reply that the basis for sex, at least from a biological perspective, is pro creative and for perpetuation of the species. Homosexual sex lacks this basis.

Is there any other species on the planet that engages in homosexual sex?

Why does it matter if homosexual sex lacks a biological basis (as far as we know, evolutionary biology is still an emerging field, btw)? So, what is heterosexual sex has a biological basis, it's still done for pleasure purposes rather than reproductive purposes.

And yes homosexual sex is common even in species with limited cognitive abilities. And it would make sense that there might be more of it humans because of their higher cognitive ability...they're not limited by only biological processes, but in addition psychological ones.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I for sure never choose either way when I was younger. I do remember when it hit me that I was different. I will have to do some research on this subject, but even if I do find stuff there will be someone who says that the data is messed up. Seems how it always goes if you are against something you find faults in the studies.

As far as sex goes how many hetrosexuals truely have sex just for that reason. None other. I would say not many. It is something that feels good and bonds you to the one you love. We are a smarter breed of animal than that. I mean gays did not form gay parents. LOL

Brock8024, I really appreciate the fact that you can engage in this discussion with an unemotional and apparently honest perspective. Nothing I have said in this thread has been intended to be defamatory or disrespectful to anyone. I just think it's important to attempt to gain understanding. In order to do that we must first understand the perspective of the other regardless of how open minded or myopic it may seem at the time. I believe you understand this and thats what makes the thread interesting and now 10 pages in length.

• 1 year later...

hmmm this is a touchy subject to say. if they can do the job fine just dont hit on me. i once had a gay hit on me and i litterly through up. my personal preference would not spend 12 hours in a ambulance with them but i think mick jagger said it best you cant always get what you want.

hmmm this is a touchy subject to say. if they can do the job fine just dont hit on me. i once had a gay hit on me and i litterly through up. my personal preference would not spend 12 hours in a ambulance with them but i think mick jagger said it best you cant always get what you want.

Your tolerance for others seems to be about as good as your spelling and grammar. If you want to make a point that will be taken seriously, write it correctly. Otherwise, you appear as just another uneducated buffoon making a statement.

If I threw up every time someone I did not want to "hit on me", I would be emaciated and taken for having an eating disorder. You should take a lesson from some women who have had to put up with this from men who thought they were "God's gift" to us and we should be honored to put up with them for a 12 hour shift.

BTW, I am probably as cute as spenac, and maybe even much more, for my age. I do enjoy a good compliment regardless of who it is from. That is just part of having good social graces and knowing how to accept or stop different situations with a good attitude.

is this a spelling contest / english class no i was asked my opinion and i gave it thats all. i guess you are better than me since it seems you can tolerate everyone you come across.

Asked your opinion?

The last post on this thread was October 2007.

Your comments came across like a 10 year old saying "oooh gross" instead of someone presenting a coherent statement of opinion.

Communication skills and tolerance for others are two very important characteristics one should have to work with people in healthcare. When you repeatedly write with a first grade understanding of the English language, you will eventually write like that on your patient care reports. If you continuously act intolerant to others, either patients or co-workers, it will be difficult for anyone to take you seriously as a professional.

We all have our preferences and dislikes but the way one expresses them is what sets them apart from or included as just another basher against those different from oneself.

the question was do you have a problem with homosexuals? yes or no? ( explain yourself)? that was the question right? explain yourself...to me means opinion. does it matter if the last thread was in oct of 2007? how i write on here and how i write on my pcr's are different but thank you for your concern. do you use proper english every time you write or talk? I don't know one person that that is proper 24 hours a day 7 days a week . i never once said i would not be able to tolerate having to work with a person who is gay or work on a pt who is gay.