Hope this show doesn't become another 'Saved!'

light snore.... LIGHT SNORE?!?!???!!?!? Are you kidding me??!!?

***watch out for collapsing ceiling tiles when HE inhales.....***

00:10-sleeping

00:11-sleeping

00:12-snoring like a wilderbeast

00:13-getting boot thrown at him from partner from across bunk room

00:14-whining from H/A he just got

00:15-admires partner now sleeping

00:16-partner still sleeping *winks eye....'giggle,giggle'*

00:17-sleeping

00:18-sleeping

00:19-sleeping

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, what you don't understand most of the care they provided or standards was those standards at that time. CPR has changed at least 25 times since the filming of Emergency, also " IV D5W" was a common therapy until the late 80's. As well, you might not realize JEMS founder was the consultant for Emergency. James Page (hint J. Gage)

I understand it perfectly well.. I'm not talking about procedure then, v.s. what is done now.. I'm talking about obvious, on camera, unscripted mistakes. I'm also aware of the connections. Otherwise, I wouldn't have used it as an example..

Actually, AHA does not frown upon the PCT as long as the patient is currently monitored and there is a defib delay such as seeking and retrieving a crash cart. The reason it was removed, because too idiots performed at the wrong time, incorrectly and most ER and ICU's as well as EMS monitor patients with defib capability at the bedside nowadays.

(p.s. it produces 0.4 joules when done correctly.... slightly more or less dependent on the strength of strike, voltage may very..)

R/r 911

Actually, AHA does not frown upon the PCT as long as the patient is currently monitored and there is a defib delay such as seeking and retrieving a crash cart. The reason it was removed, because too idiots performed at the wrong time, incorrectly and most ER and ICU's as well as EMS monitor patients with defib capability at the bedside nowadays.

(p.s. it produces 0.4 joules when done correctly.... slightly more or less dependent on the strength of strike, voltage may very..)

R/r 911

So it would be considered wrong to thump the patient if you saw v-fib while your partner was getting out the pads, plugging them in, etc?

To me that's giving an intervention up to 30 seconds sooner.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.