Hope this show doesn't become another 'Saved!'

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to watch "Scrubs"...[ducks]

Fricken best medical show on at the moment.....in my Very Humble opinion. Well, at

least the most entertaining.

I have to agree... as well it is loosely based upon the book House of God which should be mandated for every EMT to read.. and no it is not religous...

R/r 911

Eh. If I don't have pads already on the chest, what the hell? Why not? In my own (read: limited) personal experiance, I've never revived someone with a PCT, but it's worth a shot. =)

My thinking is it would go like this:

"Holy crap, that patient I'm assessing just went unconscious!"

ABCs

"Holy crap, they're in arrest! Partner, get the pads out!"

Glance at ECG

Notice v-fib

Give thump

If works:

Hooray.... I wonder if I can document that I gave a thump and not get in big sh*t for it since I'm not ACLS trained.

If not:

Start protocols

• 1 month later...

hey yall,

sorry to bring back an old post, but i was wondering if anybody knows when this show "the call" is supposed to air......... i tried googling it (google is your best friend), but i couldnt find hardly anything at all........ i must be living under a rock or something......

hope yalls week is going good so far..... any info would be greatttly appreciated......

hey yall,

sorry to bring back an old post, but i was wondering if anybody knows when this show "the call" is supposed to air......... i tried googling it (google is your best friend), but i couldnt find hardly anything at all........ i must be living under a rock or something......

hope yalls week is going good so far..... any info would be greatttly appreciated......

ABC is getting ready to take airwaves by storm, by putting together the executive producers from '24' with the creator of 'Kitchen Confidential', Dave Hemingston. The rights for 'The Call' have been purchased by the network only after fierce bidding against Fox Television, 'Variety' reports, and ABC was the winner by already ordering six episodes of the series.

'The Call' will focus on the story of two doctors who save a new life in each episode while ruining each other's. Despite appearances, the two MDs, Nick Adams and Ian Wode, are good friends and all they do is for the sake of the relationship that binds them.

Adams has been described as 'Dr. Doug Ross from “ER” if he were played by Vince Vaughn', while Wode has 'an encyclopedic knowledge of everything. The irony is he knows so much it freaks him out'.

Unlike '24', where the plot was more serialized, the story in the brand new series will be confined to each episode (of approximately 22 minutes) that evolves in real time. The writer's hope is that the series will come out as a sort of 'M*A*S*H' meets '24' meets 'ER', with lots of complications and unlimited humor.

No names have been attached to the project yet and the airing date is to be set some time in the near future.

from http://news.softpedia.com/news/ABC-Takes-0...039-39979.shtml

This article actually say's following Doctor not paramedics.

And when you go to abc.com and search "the call" get no results found.

Who know's.

searching google brings back a show called "The Call" but its on at midnight on some junk network and it has to do with a bunch of theater hopefuls waiting for the "Call" after an audition. Sort of a theater reality show.

No mention of EMS related "The Call" shows.

thank you for the replies......... i'll keep my eyes open for it........ i think we should all make our own tv show called "EMT City daily"...... on 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, on every channel on television........... then we'll remove every "off" button on every television and every call we go to, we'll have to save our patient and then make them get up and we'll all dance a broadway jig............. all the nearby forest animals will come too........ the sun will have a happy face on it...... but then out of nowhere, a tornado will come snap up the ambulance, but we'll all still be dancing........... what do you think? im down with it!

can't wait to see THAT on the air!

thank you for the replies......... i'll keep my eyes open for it........ i think we should all make our own tv show called "EMT City daily"...... on 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, on every channel on television........... then we'll remove every "off" button on every television and every call we go to, we'll have to save our patient and then make them get up and we'll all dance a broadway jig............. all the nearby forest animals will come too........ the sun will have a happy face on it...... but then out of nowhere, a tornado will come snap up the ambulance, but we'll all still be dancing........... what do you think? im down with it!

:shock: Hmmm, have you been off your meds? Someone give her some clozapine or Risperdal, quick!

what have you been smokin.

what have you been smokin.

the question is.... what have i NOT been smoking? ..... juuuuust kidding...... just my idea for an awesome plot for reality tv....... since thats what tv is all about these days....... and since that's how all my EMS calls turn out...... i always dance with my patients...... and if they need c-spine then somebody will dance behind them while holding their head in-line....... while on roller skates........

just kidding..... i take EMS seriously, i just like to joke around at times........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.