Abuses of the EMS uniform

Before you would slander someone, do you have like a security video of this person wearing a uniform and purchasing alcohol?

I'd need proof before judgement could be passed from someone high horse.

Hmmmm, proof eh?

Its no tlike me to post without having my facts in order so here ya go.

This individual bragged about it to another without knowing I was privvy to the conversation.

Is that good enough?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redcell, I did something similar. Last summer I left the station late ( call 5 min. before end of my shift and my relief not there to relieve me :evil: ) so anyway I'm heading home (still in uniform,and I was in a rush to get home),and I stop at the local Ritas water ice to pick up orders for wife and kids. So the employee hands me the bag and I ask "how much?",she says "no charge, we give EMS discounts when your on duty". I quickly stated that I was not working and I payed for the order. Sounds silly,but I was embarresed and ashamed. To this day,no matter how late I am, I will always change into plain clothes before I head home .

i take my work shirt off but keep my pants on and yea i some times go out with my pants on but thats when i just not had time to take them off and the person buying beer dude or girl stop and tell :its better to let us say what we think to you know and not down the road when you kill some one:

Whenever I decide to stop anywhere to or from work while in uniform, and a discount is offered, I always tell the cashier that I am not on duty yet and will pay full-price. If they still give me the discount, I thank them. If they don't, I don't lose sleep over it.

If I'm on duty and given a discount, I make sure I thank the person numerous times during the transaction.

In my humble opinion, the EMS uniform is no different than any Fire uniform, Police uniform ....or even a miltary uniform! Certain actions should be avoided like the plague, and near the top of the list is buying alcohol!

The military stresses that you CANNOT wear any portion of the uniform while in civilian clothes. It's too readily identifyable, and does not bode well with the general public to see such actions.

As for seeking out the 'EMS discounts', that is a GIFT granted to us by the business owners, not as a 'draw' to get us in their establishments more often!

I personally feel that since the individual is not only bringing discredit to the profession, and in turn the PROFESSIONALS that are in the field, but as well as breaking the law....it should be our ethically bound responsibility to turn them over to the proper law enforcement agency, and should be stripped of their credentials for life!

I am going to go out on a limb and create some controversy on this formu.

I do not think this person should be revealed on this forum.

If this person is revealed this post will degenerate into a den of nastyness like other posts have. We all know it will.

what purpose will this serve? There's nothing that we who do not know this person can do about it.

AK, I urge you to take action on your own part and alert whoever in authority be it his supervisor, instructor or parents.

Maybe a forced vacation from the service is just the kick in his pants but to reveal him here will only let this community vent and many will personally attack this person.

I do not support outing this person.

Does his screen name start with B and he is from Australia?

Ive heard of EMS people going out with their family (who were wearing sweat suits and fanny packs) in uniform and demanding a discount at restaurants but I have never heard of this type of BS before. Im in awe that someone has the bollocks to do something like this.

Somedic

How thoughtfully presumptuous of you! Its a shame that you have once again made an ass out of yourself from your ASSumption

Look bubbles, fortunately for me i come from a country where i am able to buy a beer at the same age that i am allowed to join the military, this would be 18. Fancy that! im NOT allowed to be in a position where i may be forced to kill people before i can have my scotch on the rocks! Seeing as this would at least make me 18, and im actually 23 i guess i cover the undergae drinking part quite substantially, No?

I like reading these sorts of accusation from monkeys like yourself...i think you may be a genuine flamer, if so pick up you banana and leave, theres already enough vegetables around here without adding another fruitcake to the basket

Thanks for the laugh though, i needed that