how about doctors on an ambulance?

BUDS189

you guys seem like a real nice professional ‘down to earth’ bunch of grasshoppers.

BTW, Grasshoppers is what we call medics were I’m from. Dunno why

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grasshopper

grasshopper - A term for someone learning from a wiser master. Often used in mockery when something is 'common knowledge' that is easily forgotten.

http://www.allwords.com/word-knee-high%20t...rasshopper.html

'knee-high to a grasshopper'

Rising or reaching to the knees.

Example: knee-high grass

Idiom: knee-high to a grasshopper

Very young.

Very small.

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/drama/kungfu.htm

Premiering in February 1972 with a 2 hour pilot originally titled Kung Fu: The Way of the Tiger, The Sign of the Dragon, the world was introduced to "Grasshopper" - The nickname for the young Kwai Chang Caine, given to him by Master Po, the blind Shaolin priest. In flashbacks, Master Po playfully teaches the young, orphaned Caine of the ebb and flow of life and the interconnectedness of all things.

Caine also had another, stern mentor called Master Kan, the head priest at the Shaolin temple. They tutored him in a mystic, philosophical way of harmony and the "oneness of all things," and a strict code of non-violence whenever possible.

They also taught him the martial art of kung fu. By challenging him to "Snatch the pebble" time and time again, Kan instructs Caine in the self-awareness and concentration needed to achieve any goal in life. "When you snatch the pebble from my hand," Kan would say, "then it will be time for you to leave."

England and America are two countries separated by a common language :D . ~ George Bernard Shaw

Not only that, but spellcheck wants to replace Kwai by Kiwi! :shock:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GROUP HUG

I agree with Timmy and JP this is quiet amusing....

But i do agree with Doctor Death on one point she makes......and that NURSES DO JOG the MD's memory...we are sometimes smarter than the MD's are just dont get the big paydays or respect.....

just like they say in ems

EMT's save the MEDICS ...........NURSES save the MD's........

i cant wait to get home from work today to see what all is posted on here while i am gone.......this is better than any soap opera.....i think i will have popcorn and a diet coke and enjoy the show....anyone care to join me.....

later

Terri

1073-1.gif

If I may ask just a few questions of SOMEDIC, maybe it could clear up some misunderstanding:

1.)- I know that there are quite a few reversible/treatable causes of PEA. Could you tell me what some of them are?

2.)- CPAP/Bi-PAP works like magic sometimes. Can you explain physiologically how that works?

3.)- I've heard that there are I.V. site restrictions when administering Adenocard. Why is that?

4.)- When responding to pediatric patients that present with croup-like illness, we're not supposed to place anything in/near the oropharynx (like a tongue depressor). Why is that?

5.)- We carry Thiamine on the truck. I always thought that was like part of a multi-vitamin or something. Why would we be administering a vitamin to patients?

I'm just a dumb EMT, but any information you could provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BecksDad: Good morning sir. The questions you asked in your last post are easily obtainable from any current EMT or Paramedic manual. I could answer your questions as you asked but then the impression could be formed that I typed the material straight from a text book.

You indicated that you were just a dumb EMT but I beg to differ. My feelings based on previous posts you've written that indicate to me that you are in fact a smart EMT.

With all good wishes,

Somedic

Becsdad, I like where you're going with your questions but with the benefit of google, even someone as conceeded as somedic could answer them.

When I was reading through the response, I realised that once again I'd have to jump in to defend myself, and then I finished reading and realised that you Somedic had come across as such a wanker that I really don't have to do a lot more. Then Doctor Death came back to throw the gauntlet on your arse and so my job was lessened once more. So having all these things done for me, I really only need to refer to your comments regarding the country thing and my immediate response is, What on earth does that have to do with a damn thing? I posted not based on the fact that Doctor Death was Australian but that she made a good point which I could add from with a different perspective, and you're responses were just that of a senile twat who is so unbelievably self involved that this thread jumped by two pages overnight because every one realised all at once just what an arrogant fool you are.

All I can say is that if you keep that up you'll get repetative stress syndrome in your wrist.

Lastly, for someone who doesn't need to give their qualifications, etc, you throw around your time in the military and civilian services quite freely but here's the thing, and I go out on a thin ledge with this one when I think I speak for everyone but... Nobody really gives a shit about you Somedic. You can either shut up and deal with it, or you can, as I predict have another go at me about being Australian and you being a god almighty yank, and that your time dib dib dobbing in other countries where none of the locals want you to be makes you better medics than everyone, and then tell us again why the evolution of medicine is a waste of time now that you're here to save the day and end world suffering because, hell, your you and that should be enough for everyone so break out the kneepads and start grovelling people.

I thought the nurse I met tonight was full of shit, then I read your response...

Scorpio: Delightful post there. You are a talented "insultist" to learn a thing or two from.

Do this today: Resheath your sword, get a brew on and sort yourself out.

With every best wish,

Somedic

One thing is for sure here: You dingo people stick together on something. It's common knowlege that Paramedics and EMS (modern version) were created in America.It seems to me that you aussies are lacking in the same thing that make American paramedics the best:..TESTICULAR FORTITUDE...Its what made us the greatest nation on earth and we started just like you in Dingoland

Back on point...Im fully capable of managing bad scenes as a Paramedic in my system and will never need some "Dr Death medicine woman" getting in the way and spreading drama. One day you aussies can look forward to making it up to our level of professionalism and self reliance.

Cheers, Beers and Kangaroos!

SOMEDIC

well here in my world we have a term for people like you....BLOODY DICKHEAD

so the great american system is the best.....whoop-dee-f*cking-do

from what i have seen, experienced,heard, read and been shown, that is a hard pill to swallow

in my backward area of service we do not have to

1, be subserviant to a nurse (as my degree has the same weight bearing as theirs, and I get paid more than they do)

2, contact a medical control to administer drugs

3, have basics that can not do anything but put on a band aid (our basic level cannulate and administer drugs & fluids)

4, have to blow our own trumpet to make ourselves feel important

5, we have the ability and the trust of the medical profession to enable us to make the diagnosis of the problem at the scene, treat the patient at the scene (without a doctor authorising) and transporting to facilities that we feel is the appropriate

do i need to go on........................

stay safe