how about doctors on an ambulance?

BUDS189

One thing is for sure here: You dingo people stick together on something. It's common knowlege that Paramedics and EMS (modern version) were created in America.It seems to me that you aussies are lacking in the same thing that make American paramedics the best:..TESTICULAR FORTITUDE...Its what made us the greatest nation on earth and we started just like you in Dingoland

Back on point...Im fully capable of managing bad scenes as a Paramedic in my system and will never need some "Dr Death medicine woman" getting in the way and spreading drama. One day you aussies can look forward to making it up to our level of professionalism and self reliance.

Cheers, Beers and Kangaroos!

SOMEDIC

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we could kick somedic's head in for being such an arrogant tosser.....

What's the difference between God and a paramedic?......Come on, you all know the answer.....

WM

One thing is for sure here: You dingo people stick together on something. It's common knowlege that Paramedics and EMS (modern version) were created in America.It seems to me that you aussies are lacking in the same thing that make American paramedics the best:..TESTICULAR FORTITUDE...Its what made us the greatest nation on earth and we started just like you in Dingoland

Back on point...Im fully capable of managing bad scenes as a Paramedic in my system and will never need some "Dr Death medicine woman" getting in the way and spreading drama. One day you aussies can look forward to making it up to our level of professionalism and self reliance.

Cheers, Beers and Kangaroos!

SOMEDIC

To make becksdad's point...

Is it so-medic or some-dic? I'm know I've made up my mind....If you gave the previous response to what Doctor Death posted above then you need to read it again....At least she had a point, which included some information. You should take notes...

Of course I could be mistaken...perhaps if you explained the last time you did surgery in the field I could see where all of your contempt was coming from..

And if it's the grasshopper thing that's got you all bent out of shape....well...yikes.

Have a good day all!

Dwayne

One thing is for sure here: You dingo people stick together on something. It's common knowlege that Paramedics and EMS (modern version) were created in America.

SOMEDIC

Ummm I seem to remember that Belfast was the first city to put Emergency Care providers in the field and that some cities in the U.S. copied that idea. Oh and just for the record Seattle and Portland were two of those cities, see wes aint that dumb in the Pacifik Norfwest. :wink:

OK, Scara has been MIA from these boards for the last couple of weeks so please allow me to catch up on this thread.

Doctors in the field is a very good idea, most ER Docs are not General Practioner's and think along the same lines as Paramedics so scene times are not an issue. I also have had ER Residents ride with me and found it to be a very positive experience, I never had an issue with getting orders from a Doc who rode out with me.

To our Aussie brothers, you are not that different than us. We also have surgical teams that can respond to the field in the situations you mentioned.

Having said all that when it comes to Docs on ambulances in the US...

(In my best Kim Il Jong accent)

HEEEWWWWOOOOO!!!!

With the ever present gloom and doom of the Medicare system doling out less and less money some communities are going to have a hard time keeping Docs in the Hospitals not to mention in the field. Look I hate to play chicken little here but damn, we are looking at some hard times in the next twenty years. With the boomer generation getting ready to retire Medicare is quickly going to be shelling out more money than it's bringing in. So the trend is going to be less and less Medicare reimbursements, which means less money for everyone in Medicine including EMS. I love the idea of Doc's working with us in the field but in reality I think the model of the future is going to be less care in the field not more. Sad but true.

Take that Hans Blix!!

Dewayne EMTB: To begin with If you are not a 17 year nationally registered paramedic in an aggressive EMS system and if you have never been deployed with several military units to several countries and practiced in austere enviroments..You are outside of your capability radius...to put it another way...you are out of your league in any dealings with me on this forum. Dont test my resolve.

For the rest of you: If you go review my posts, I've indicated that there are certain times an EMS physician that knows the system well and can function without egomania would be an asset in some incidents but in a well established system this would be a rare occurrence.

There are those of you that would be inclined to say that I'm the one with Egomania/Para God syndrome, but you would be wrong. I knew at an early age that I wanted to be a Paramedic. I believe in all EMS systems reaching their full operating potential.

To my Aussie Friends: Ive worked with some of your troops before. I can say thank you for your participation in GWOT.

SOMEDIC

It would be inappropriate to place physician level providers for several reason in addition to what has been presented already. First, try to even get a physician to want to ride a EMS unit.. they do like controlled environments.. (observe a physician in a hostile environment and they leave immediately) they are NOT adequately educated for such.. (yes, theory wise) but for proper clinical skill and application ... no. Ask a physician the last time they initiated a peripheral IV, or how to apply an KED, traction splint or even turn change an oxygen bottle... they are clueless, as they should be. This is not their expertise or working environment.. . this is why, we have subspecialties, so the patient will receive care from the most expertise in that situation. The same would be true as a physician attempting to provide nursing care, or a neuro attempting to perform a cardiac cath..

R/r 911

Yes people, Paragods do exist!!

Do not test your resolve...interesting. I like how you imply no one here is up to your standards because they have not been a medic for 17 years nor deployed to several different countries. Interesting how you think time in grade equals good paramedic. That doesn't mean shit. Show me how good a medic you are by telling me the education you have (not training), tell me what you have done on a national or even local level to further EMS education, tell me about how you educate your students...these are all rhetorical questions because I really am not that interested in you, I just want to show everyone what makes a good medic. Being able to pop a sternal IO, insert a chest tube or hang some blood in "austere" environments does not mean didley. There are several of us who have been there, done that yet we are not bragging or stating that no one here is at our level. If we are so beneath you, go find a level playing field for yourself.

Show me how good of a medic you are by posting and educating in a professional way. Stop these antagonistic, off the cuff remarks that you notoriously deliver on a regular basis. Short, condescending remarks are a sign of inferiority. When one lacks intelligence or knowledge in a certain area, they constantly attack to keep everyone off balance to cover up for their shortcomings.

As for the topic at hand, there is a need for doctors in the field in certain situations. One case in particular I had was a man that had his arm captured between two rolling presses at a newspaper plant. We could not free him no matter what as he was involved almost up to his shoulder. The mechanics could not remove the rolls due to their weight. Well, gues who showed up? A surgical team from the local trauma center. They did a field amputation right there and then we transported. It was truly amazing.

The attitude of us versus them is the wrong one to have.

Akayakmedic: I'll start by saying that you labeled yourself a village idiot in your profile not me , but you have now proved it as well. I suggest you read all my post before becoming a drama queen.

I did not address you in my last post. If you feel the need to defend other people here on the forum then good for you.

I will be the very first medic on here to tell you that there are people with way more experience and BTDT military experience than me Some members of my unit are members here as well. There are plenty of examples of people I have developed respect for Asysin2leads and Dust devil are two examples.

No I wont go into my education or other credentials. But know that Im satisfied working for the greater good (military and civilian jobs) I am satisfied and hope to never get any credit or recognition for any work I do. Nor do I brag about anything. Rescue 911 was a show you would never see me on.

If you had read my posts before donning your drama queen crown you would have seen that I feel nearly the same way about physicians/nurses on an ambulance as you do.

From now on why dont you stick to your business and let the person I addressed originally in my last posts make their own argument.

SOMEDIC