PROTOCOLS

whit72

Whatever it does, but unlike yourselves I reserve the right to comment on someones expertise or competency, until I have actually gone thru some doors with them.

WTF? :shock:

This makes more sense than any answer you have given yet Whit.

Catwithtoomuchtime.jpg

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whit, part of my duties include precepting medic students who are sent to my neck of the woods from various colleges for ride along time. This includes students from Northeastern University, and for a Massachusettes boy like yourself, that should mean something. So, seeing as I may have actually precepted one of your medics at some point, you might want to rethink your arguement about them teaching me something a little. And a for my medic class, I did an associate's degree program which lasted about 2 years, which I graduated with an honors degree in. Actually, you know something, I am sure I probably could learn something off one of your medics. I'm sure they could probably show me a thing or two. You see I'm not afraid to say sometimes I will be in a situation that I am just plain out of my league in. That is why sometimes I call for a telemetry consult, ask my partner, or just look it up. I will never blatantly risk a patient's health or well being because I don't want to admit I did not possess sufficient knowledge to treat them accordingly. See where I'm going with this?

:Whit, I'm not even going to fucking get into this. You're smug arrogance in you percieved abilities will cause someone great pain or death someday. The fact you are perfectly okay with giving a high dose of epinephrine to a COPDer is evidence of this. I don't give a f&%k what your protocols say, or what you think you can do. You can tell yourself otherwise, but looking at the squiggly lines on the lifepak 12 and pretending to be Roy Desoto is not diagnostics, and pulling epinephrine out of a multi dose vial and pushing it because your protocol says so is not medicine.

Mark my words, you personally are going to get someone killed one of these days, if you haven't done so already. Their death will be on your hands, because of your arrogance and attitude. If you really knew what these drugs were capabble of, if you had the slightest clue, you wouldn't go near the with a ten foot cattle prod. The fact that you don't is full reason why you shouldn't be giving them

PRPG, et al, I say enough. We're fighting a losing battle. The tactics, and debate style you use is one that is reserved for those who are well read and have a deeper understanding of prehospital emergency care than whit can ever hope to. If the boy can't understand the inherent dangers in giving the meds described, there's no use trying to convince him. Its like trying to tell a teenager not to drink and drive, they just don't get it. Let him have his toys, let him think he's a hero and knows what he's doing, and be content in knowing that if nothing else, paramedic class prevented us from turning into guys like him. Concentrate on being a good paramedic, concentrate on keeping your educational standards to the premium that they are, and say a prayer for the poor people of Massachusettes and Rhode Island who will suffer at the hands of fools with sharp objects.

Sorry I havent been able to comment in a day or so. Awful 24.......Im sure you understand

I find this comment funny...Why you ask?? I find it funny because you are belittling and questioning "ASYS," who both has much more EMS education than you and works in an urban sytem of which serves over 8 million people. I happen to know for a fact that whatever system you work in up here in Mass or RI, you don't serve even remotely that many, or would be able to touch the call volume or experience base he has. Lastly there are very few 'truely' straight out 911 EMS systems in this area. The big ones I can think of off the top of my head. Lowell, Boston, Worcester, Lawrence, Brocton, Quincy, Brookline, Providence, Fall River, and that's about it. I have worked in a few of those systems and I can tell you what it's like to do 30+ calls in a 24, however, my doubt is that you could have this same discussion with anytype of truth behind it!!Furthermore he (ASYS) is a graduate of a paramedic program much like the one you describe below.

First of all ASYS, I stated I didnt agree with some of the protocols.

If you want to make this personal. I dont need to discuss this with you.

Yet, you continue to 'discuss' this with what amounts to less than the 'true' facts.

I dont write the protocols. DO I have to work with them? Yes, Am I concerned that possibley people could be hurt by someone who interpets these protocols as law. YES

Yet, by your own posts and statements here you continue to 'blindly follow them', irregardless of what harm they may do or your lack of understanding about Medicine and physiology....If I need to post your own words to illustrate this to you I will!!!

Have I stated before that I believed this this could be a problem for EMT's and paramedics who dont have the experience or knowledge. Yes

See my statement above, YOU STATE YOU HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE, YET YOU ALSO STATE ONE MUST BLINDLY FOLLOW THEIR PROTOCOLS!!!

For gods sake take a breath...I also stated that I have been reprimanded for NOT following a protocol.

See my response above!!

AS far as your family becoming sick or injured in and area where I work or previousley worked I have since transfered.....whatever, but rest assured they will recieve competent treatment and care consistent with their injuries. As far as the medics I worked with rolling up on your familys injury or sickness? If you were there you should probably grab a chair a notebook and pen and prepared to be schooled in the finer art of para-medicine. These are not paramedics that went to school for 3 or 4 months on tuesdays and thursdays did a few clinical hours and claim to know everything. Most of them Went to a hospital based program we have close by that is or used to be(that has now changed for the benefit of pumping out more medics for the almighty buck). Full time 9 to 5 every day for over a year, thats over 2000 classroom hours, close to 2000 clinical hours in a hospital setting , thats before they even stepping foot in the back of an ambulance. So I would rest assured that their care would not resemble anything close to some reatrd that went to medic school cause he had tuesday and thursdays form 6-10 free and had a check for 5,000usd in his hand. And by the way when I have a question about somthing and I do have many at times those are the people I go to for the answer.

You know, I happen to there IS ONLY 1 PROGRAM WHICH EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLES THE ONE WHICH YOU DESCRIBE IN THE AREA!! You can find some 'info about it here... www.ems.mhri.org I also happen to know that the standards for this program have also INCREASED, and not DECREASED over time. I'm sure that you best check your facts as I know different being that I went to that particular paramedic program. I also happen to know that if you continue to post FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT IT, and the director were to become aware of your posting FALSE, LIBEL, SLANDEROUS INFORMATION, your proverbial A$$ would be in a sling. The gentleman who runs this program has contacts, education, an oustanding reputation, etc... which AS YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE AWARE, that arousing his ire with the incompetence and ignorance you have displayed here could put YOUR LISCENCE & CERTIFICATION in jeopardy!! ESPECIALLY BASED ON WHAT YOU POSTED HERE!! Lastly, there are only 4 systems which I am aware of that have any type of large number of graduates from this program working in EMS in this AREA. The systems are Cumberland EMS in RI, Boston Med Flight, Fallon Ambulance in Boston, and Caritas Norwood EMS. Being that you've stated that you work at AMR, and not any of these systems puts your credibility, integrity and 'facts', which you post in jeopardy!! So, why not get your facts straight before you post false information here!!! In closing, I find it interesting that you completely disregard both the studies and evidence which has been posted here 'while you were gone'. You've also yet to respond to your very own 'Glucagon' thread and we all eagerly await your replies there as well.

Out Here,

ACE844

Firt of all dont threaten me. Second dont pretend you or anyone else has any control over what licenses I hold

Second I believe my my statement was a ringing endorsement for the program.

Third population does not determine call volume resources do.

Boston EMs does not work 24 hour shifts. Niether does Providence or Cumberland.

Actually Cumberland is not even a Paramedic only service any more, they utilize cardiac tech's.

But we are getting off the subject. This was not a discussion about me or you it was about the protocols if you agreed or didnt.

I actually dont form opinions about anyone on this board. This was actually a decent conversation until someone made it personal. I have no problem with you or Asys. I dont even know you. Dont know your experience or level of training actually dont really care just wanted you opinions If you want to turn this into a pissing contest go ahead. But leaave me out of it.

Mad medic wrote:

I'll tell ya what, you haven't seen one quote from me anywhere in the "city" off of any other web site, secondly, if you read the "PCP calling themselves medics" thread, you will get a better idea of who i am. as far as "running through any doors" with you.......well that's NOT going to happen in this life time. i don't understand how it is that a "BROTHER" can put out such a blanket insult like you did, and not care that he did it!!!!!

What blanket statement are you talking about.

I dont even know what a pcp is so I dont comment on them.

It was going thru doors, and thats your right.

Now where brothers, when people ridicule people on this board state things like EMTs are way over paid, they have no business in EMS, when someone asks a question they tell them to just drive or leave the medic toys to the medics(just some of the posts that I have seen on this board. Dont take this personally, but dont call me brother, my brothers would never treat aanyone that way.

AS far as your family becoming sick or injured in and area where I work or previousley worked I have since transfered.....whatever, but rest assured they will recieve competent treatment and care consistent with their injuries. As far as the medics I worked with rolling up on your familys injury or sickness? If you were there you should probably grab a chair a notebook and pen and prepared to be schooled in the finer art of para-medicine. These are not paramedics that went to school for 3 or 4 months on tuesdays and thursdays did a few clinical hours and claim to know everything. Most of them Went to a hospital based program we have close by that is or used to be(that has now changed for the benefit of pumping out more medics for the almighty buck). Full time 9 to 5 every day for over a year, thats over 2000 classroom hours, close to 2000 clinical hours in a hospital setting , thats before they even stepping foot in the back of an ambulance. So I would rest assured that their care would not resemble anything close to some reatrd that went to medic school cause he had tuesday and thursdays form 6-10 free and had a check for 5,000usd in his hand. And by the way when I have a question about somthing and I do have many at times those are the people I go to for the answer.

whit, remember this? you can find it on page 4 of this forum, and your right this isn't the correct place to have this conversation. I'm quite sure that there are others that would like to use this forum to learn.

if you would slow down and/or read what I said about PCPs then maybe do a little research as i asked you to do, instead of reading what you wanted to, we might have been able to avoid this "second round", as far as the "BROTHER" comment, you'll just never get it.

my apologies to all who are trying to learn, for MY interruption!!

madmedic

Firt of all dont threaten me. Second dont pretend you or anyone else has any control over what licenses I hold

No threat, I am merely making you aware of the potential consequences of your actions!

Second I believe my my statement was a ringing endorsement for the program.

Ringing endorsement...not when you say they have lowered the requiremnts and duration, neither of which is true....

Third population does not determine call volume resources do.

I wrote that to let you know who you were dealing with was not some 100 call a year wannbe ems junky talking trash. Kindly re-read my post as I didn't say population dictated call voulme ANYWHERE!!

Boston EMs does not work 24 hour shifts. Niether does Providence or Cumberland.

I never said they did...RE-READ MY POST AND WORK ON YOUR READING COMPREHENSION

!!!

Actually Cumberland is not even a Paramedic only service any more, they utilize cardiac tech's.

But we are getting off the subject. This was not a discussion about me or you it was about the protocols if you agreed or didnt.

I never said anything about the level of the service either provides or their shifts..???? RE-READ MY PREVIOUS POST!!!

I actually dont form opinions about anyone on this board. This was actually a decent conversation until someone made it personal. I have no problem with you or Asys. I dont even know you. Dont know your experience or level of training actually dont really care just wanted you opinions If you want to turn this into a pissing contest go ahead. But leaave me out of it.

THIS IS CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU POST......

Out Here,

ACE844