PROTOCOLS

whit72

If you have a problem with basics giving glucagon take a look at a couple of other that are there.

Epi IM or EPI pen for the treatment of COPD

Racemic EPI was just removed that was a good one. You think you are going to cause problems with glucagon IM , you havent seen anything.

Nebulised EPI for pediatric broncho spasm.

Tylenol supp. pediatric SZ.

ALbuterol for CHF, even though I can guarentee not all can differentiate wheezes from rales.

EOA are in there

EGTA is also in there.

We also are allowed ETI with a 16 hour add on class. It was 16 hours, not sure what it is now.

We are also allowed to use DEFIB. lifepack 10,12, for both diagnostic and defibrilation of V-FIB and pulsless V-TACH.

So have at it just remember I dont agree with all of them.

But they are there and you are lic. not certified so if a protocol is suggested and you dont follow it you better have a dam good reason.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So have at it just remember I dont agree with all of them. "

Whit, I am nearly 100% sure these have all been discussed, mostly politely, many times over again and again. Many other areas have similar protocols, and they've been discussed. And discussed. And discussed.

So...why are we starting yet another thread on this? I'm just wondering when there are several out there (most recently the glucagon thread) that would be more appropriate.

Maybe it's just me.

But like ERDoc...I'm staying out.

-be safe.

It also states oral gluclose for pediatric SZ, like I said I dont agree but it is in there. I dont give anythig to anyone that is seizing or has seized in my presence.

Not even oxygen? Please tell me that you aren't allowed to touch patients except under direct supervision of an EMT who didn't get their card from a crackerjack box.