PROTOCOLS

whit72

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are funny read your posts. I just stated some of the medications that were in and previously in the protocols.

for discussion purposes because you had such and issue with EMT administering glucagon Im. I think the doc has cleared it up for you.

Yeah, I believe he said:"I'm not a big fan of glucagon for hypoglycemia. I'll take an amp of D50 anyday. If you can't get an IV, then I guess go for the glucagon. For EMTs I guess it depends on distance to hospital and resources. If you are in an area where you are only a few minutes from the hospital then package and go. If you have a longer ride, get ALS involved. The patient may need for than a shot of glucagon. "

Which, for a system near you most likely [i mean, anyone progressive needs to be near a lot of hospitals, right?] [/sarcasm], to contact ALS, and go. Why are you gloating like you've won a battle?

Some one needs to know the difference between a case report and study.

"JP,"

Could you please tell me what it says in BIG BOLD LETTERS IN THE CENTER OF THE PAGE....HERE I'LL HELP YOU...

CASE REPORT

Last time I checked a paper presentation on a single patient also constitutes a 'CASE REPORT'..

We describe a pediatric patient who presented with the croup syndrome and severe respiratory distress that required multiple doses of nebulized racemic epinephrine in the emergency department.

IN CLOSING WHAT DOES THE LAST LINE OF THE ABSTRACT SAY?!?!?!?

We report a case of myocardial infarction after the administration of racemic epinephrine to a pediatric patient who presented with croup syndrome.

http://www.mcw.edu/display/router.asp?docid=13757

A *Case Report is the retrospective review of a single patient's clinical course and usually includes a literature review related to the noteworthy aspect of the case. It is the account of "an interesting person with an interesting issue/ problem." A case report may provide clues in identifying a new disease or adverse health effect from an exposure. It is most likely to be useful when the disease is uncommon and caused exclusively or almost exclusively by a single kind of exposure. A case report has no hypothesis, data analysis, or generalizable conclusion. A Case Report does not require IRB submission.

Definition of a case report::Data on an individual that indicates the incidence or prevalence of a morbidity or mortality outcome.www.hsph.harvard.edu/thegeocodingproject/webpage/monograph/glossary.htm

A detailed report of the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of an individual patient. Case reports also contain some demographic information about the patient (for example, age, gender, ethnic origin).www.seniormag.com/conditions/cancer/cancerglossary/c.htm

You need to work on your reading comprehension, son....

ACE844

You guys are funny read your posts. I just stated some of the medications that were in and previously in the protocols.

for discussion purposes because you had such and issue with EMT administering glucagon Im. I think the doc has cleared it up for you.

Is there an answer to the questions you were just asked which requested you to provide soem answers and concrete clinical judgemant as well as sources for this in here some where??? I can't see it, ANYONE ELSE???

ACE844

"JP,"

Could you please tell me what it says in BIG BOLD LETTERS IN THE CENTER OF THE PAGE....HERE I'LL HELP YOU...

Last time I checked a paper presentation on a single patient also constitutes a 'CASE REPORT'..

IN CLOSING WHAT DOES THE LAST LINE OF THE ABSTRACT SAY?!?!?!?

You need to work on your reading comprehension, son....

ACE844

Umm, my post was directed at the person who posted the case report as their sole reason for why racemic epi is bad. Exactly, it is a SINGLE incidence where racemic epi MIGHT have had a bad reaction. Deciding if a drug is dangerous or not should not be decided on a case report, but on a study. There was an entire 5 minutes between your post and mine. It's safe to say that we were both writing our posts at the same time. Thus, my post was not directed at you.

[cue short bus picture?]

I've added a quote to that post for people who don't understand that conversations on message boards are not in real time...

Umm, my post was directed at the person who posted the case report as their sole reason for why racemic epi is bad. Exactly, it is a SINGLE incidence where racemic epi MIGHT have had a bad reaction. Deciding if a drug is dangerous or not should not be decided on a case report, but on a study.

"JP,"

Duely noted, I misunderstood both the 'direction and context' as well as whom your post was directed at(or perhaps it was due to the fact the post went unaddressed, but I digress). I apologize for any hurt feelings, misunderstanding, and or lack of 'Koombyah' in my response. (Someone is rubbing off on me :wink: ) Next, one hopes that with the new and additional information provided AGAIN HERE in this thread he will actually learn something.... :roll: :shock: :roll: I'm not holding my breath....

out here,

ACE844

Yeah, I believe he said:"I'm not a big fan of glucagon for hypoglycemia. I'll take an amp of D50 anyday. If you can't get an IV, then I guess go for the glucagon. For EMTs I guess it depends on distance to hospital and resources. If you are in an area where you are only a few minutes from the hospital then package and go. If you have a longer ride, get ALS involved. The patient may need for than a shot of glucagon. "

Which, for a system near you most likely [i mean, anyone progressive needs to be near a lot of hospitals, right?] [/sarcasm], to contact ALS, and go. Why are you gloating like you've won a battle?

Who is gloating about winning a battle as I have stated many times I dont care about your opinion. Its in the protocols and thats that.

I think I here somone crying, any way your just pissed I can give tylenol and you cant. ......LOL

would you like the chemical break down for that, or the effects of tylenol on the cardiovascular system of a one armed carnival midget who was submerged in water for and hour and can not take a dump.

Lighten up Bro... life is two short.

and i need sleep I dont have one of those cushy 2-3 calls in a 24 hour shift jobs.

you to kissing and making up, so sweet.

Nighty night.

Okay...

"I think I here somone crying, any way your just pissed I can give tylenol and you cant. ......LOL "

Alrighty then. I am so glad that you can read my mind, find my deepest desires and determine what makes me upset. What tipped you off to the fact I can not give Tylenol? In all honesty, I can give Tylenol. I didn't know telepathic abilities were in your protocols. Is this also how you assess your patients? Telepathetic is a bit more accurate.

would you like the chemical break down for that, or the effects of Tylenol on the cardiovascular system of a one armed carnival midget who was submerged in water for and hour and can not take a dump.

No thanks. If I wanted your response, I'd google it myself. It'll be your same answer, verbatim, no?

Lighten up Bro... life is two short.

I agree! I'll drink to that! I only have one life, however. And that one's too short to argue about details [like appropriate to, too, and two usage].

and i need sleep I don't have one of those cushy 2-3 calls in a 24 hour shift jobs.

Sleep is a good start. I'm sorry it's not your perfect job. We all know that you deserve one.

Honestly, I've transported patients with severe acute schizophrenic episodes who make more sense than you do.

you to kissing and making up, so sweet.

That's because they can communicate. Kudos to them!

Whit, where do you work anyways?