PROTOCOLS

whit72

OK, it says for a febrile seizure to give tylenol. That makes sense now. I thought we had a new form of coma cocktail, guess we could have called it the pediatric fever cocktail.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, you give it for the sz, you use it to treat the true problem (fever). There was two things my EMT instructor crammed down the students' throat. Left lateral position for pregnant patients and watch out for febrile sz's for kids.

Now that we have you here DOC what do you think about EMT administering Glucagon IM?

I'm not a big fan of glucagon for hypoglycemia. I'll take an amp of D50 anyday. If you can't get an IV, then I guess go for the glucagon. For EMTs I guess it depends on distance to hospital and resources. If you are in an area where you are only a few minutes from the hospital then package and go. If you have a longer ride, get ALS involved. The patient may need for than a shot of glucagon.

What is your issue with racemic epi?

Is that really how your "protocols" are written? Talk about spoon feeding...They are explaining to you what to do every step of the way and even tell you what seizure and post-ictal states are...

Yikes!

Do you even know what "racemic" means?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Larry The Cable Guy, That's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there."

George Carlin, "You have some mighty interesting people online. Deeply disturbed, cranky lunatics on drugs."

JPINFV: Does it matter if I know.

What I do know. Is that it has no business being in any prehospital protocols.

Can you say things like automatic indicator for admittence to hospital for severe rebound effects.

And possible link with Miocardial Infarction

I dont want to turn this into a pissing contest. If you dont have anything to add, please dont clutter the thread.

Just wondering.. how you keep those suppositories refrigerated ?..I know there are some, but most are not refrigerated units. Suppositories are designed to melt above 90 degrees or so.. Reacemic is not bad when really needed.. again, knowing when and how, with all the side effects associated with it... better than tubing a kid.

R/r 911