What kind of boots do you wear?

speak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are SWEET....I need to find me a pair of them there babies......eeek...that was the true me coming out. Sorry.

Relish: those boots look nice and they have lots of great features. I say go for it. (not nearly as entertaining as the first reply)

Tox :D

I live my ROCKY FirstMed's from Galls ( I found they were cheaper on line then in catalog)

and the Galls website has good reviews which I found usefull.

Rocky® FirstMed™ Duty Boots

When your job exposes you to blood or dangerous chemicals this 8" boot helps keep you safe.

FirstMed™ lining protects against blood, gasoline, battery acids and hydraulic fluids

Black full grain leather upper

Rubber outsole

Comfortable, breathable insole

Fiberglass shank

If I for some odd reason I decided I needed shin guards I would buy these

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ind...rentPage=family

Though I don't think they protect against blood!!

When I’m on a general first aid duty I normally wear black globe shoes, for motor sport and dirty duty’s I wear my fire boots which are black leather lace up and metal towed. For official and ceremonial I wear black polished lace ups.

And for football I wear runners.

• 1 month later...

So far I'm loving my Milarm special! Original Safety (related to Original Swat I believe). Green triangle approved...Composite toe and shank. Good sole that carries me well on ice. Has the sexy side zip! Large fit to the point where I got away with a 1/2 size smaller then I've worn in years. Accomodates my 'man feet' with the wide heal (MAJOR problem for me in many of the snobby boots like Red Wings and Danners). Comfortable as is...and heavenly with a simple Dr. Scholls insole from Wal-mart.

Boots were $139 and some cents in Edmonton, Insoles were maybe $10 at wal-mart.

And to boot (haha I made a funny) they actually make my feet look smaller rather then huge like most boots.

Was recommended them by a Paramedic student that works up in Grand Prarie...haven't been disappointed yet.

I still have my original magnums from EMT class, they are tough, shine up alright, and have saved my toes a few times. I will admit they are a definitely heavy, I found them very uncomfortable after I sprained my ankle, but they work... I vote for boots, but I am a rural EMS medic. Dust Devil called it, I have found myself in the ditch many times, often in knee high snow.

My advice is to think about what you need, if you don't need steel toes don't get them, and if your not going to be running around in ditches forget the boots. Also look for zipper entry either built in or lace in, The most fantastic invention in boot design in my opinion, Gets you out the door a lot faster!

If there is another reason, I am unaware of it.

Isn't that enough? :?

ok, so what the hell do you do that is so dangerous to your shins?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.