Saved! New Paramedic Drama on TNT

(or an expertly executed dialysis transfer :tongue:).

Ohh, but those F'ed up discharges are always full of trauma.

"Umm, can I get a DNR for your unstable hospice patient"

"Here you go" (signed Name, RN)

"Umm, thats no good, it needs to be signed by a doctor"

"But the patient is on hospice"

"Thats nice, but I would still need to turn around if the patient crashes"

"But the patient is on hospice"

:Begins beating head on the desk:

"Will this do?" (hands over a face sheet saying "DNR)

"Umm, no"

... 5 minutes later finally finds a DNR order in the chart. The hospital-wide DNR form can't be found

/Not the only time that this has happened at this hospital.

//Happy we lost half the contract to another local company.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No EMS show will ever accurately portray the profession - we don't show as much cleavage as CSI and there isn't enough drama and blantant heroism in accurately finding and treating most medical problems (or an expertly executed dialysis transfer :tongue:).

Yeah...in Houston we seem to have a problem that all the girls with cleavage have the size 18 pants to go with it. :roll:

There is a write up on this show in the new JEMS issue. I breifly read it and the editor in chief of JEMS contacted the producers of the show and " ripped " them about the way that EMS is portrayed. I am also sick of EMS being portrayed in a negative way. Most of us have our demons in real life, but we are still able to remain somewhat professional in our appearance and the way we treat our pt's.

Oh and to the reference to AMR...... There is a reference in the show to the company that our star works for being taken over by NMR. Think that will ruffle some feathers????

Bring back Johnny and Roy!

Has anybody written a letter to TNT yet? Did you get a response? I am going to write one this week. I will post the letter and any response on this site. I encourage all of you to do the same.

This industry is still fighting for the right image. We must show a unified, professional front or we condemn ourselves to always being "ambulance drivers" and "hero" wannabe's.

Has anybody written a letter to TNT yet? Did you get a response? I am going to write one this week. I will post the letter and any response on this site. I encourage all of you to do the same.

This industry is still fighting for the right image. We must show a unified, professional front or we condemn ourselves to always being "ambulance drivers" and "hero" wannabe's.

"" :roll: ""

No EMS show will ever accurately portray the profession - we don't show as much cleavage as CSI and there isn't enough drama and blantant heroism in accurately finding and treating most medical problems (or an expertly executed dialysis transfer :tongue:).
To portray EMS accurately, they would have to show medics sitting around either in the station or perhaps in the mall parking lot waiting to pick up the next frequent flyer. That doesn't make for very good television. :wink:

Accuracy is really only important to me in a couple of places. IE, if the pt needs adenosine and they get amiodarone, just because it starts with "a" doesn't make it "close enough". This isn't an exact referance, either. Just something that will bug (not anger, merely 3 seconds of slight agitation) me. The "This isn't a career, this is a hobby." quote does bother me. As a career EMT/Medic being told my career (yea, I said it again. I'm working on getting the word career into this sentence as possible.) is nothing but somebody else's idea of a "no big deal, nothing to write home about" thing DOES bother me. Now take the fact that one person holds that belief, and multiply that by the fact that that belief is about to be aired on television and my annoyance only grows. I won't pass overall judgement yay or nay until I see the show, but right now I have a foreboding feeling that this is only another show emphasizing how crummy our job is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.