Saved! New Paramedic Drama on TNT

A brief search didn't reveal anything on the site related to this so anyway...

I was just watching TV when I saw a trailer for the new series Saved!. You can view the trailer online at that link.

Not sure what I think of it so far. Apparently the show will focus more on the interpersonal relationships of this medical school dropout turned paramedic. Sounds a lot like a watered-down "Bringing Out the Dead."

[web:45ca213ced]http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117936597?categoryid=1300&cs=1[/web:45ca213ced]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great !.. a medical school drop out.. that decided to be an EMT. Funny, how I have seen more M.D.'s fail basic EMT than I have seen med school drop outs. Of course he has to have some form of an addiction.. why else would he drop out of medical school ? What TNT can't afford real patches ?.... Dyna-Med special, with the medic wearing a T-shirt and a skanky jacket?...

Let hope this get the axe soon !... at least Johnny & Roy brought some professionalism and over drama rescues, but at least they weren't full of old baggage.

R/R 911

This should never have made it past the trash can after it was written. "this is not a career, its a hobby." WTF.. if that isn't a slap in the face.

This should never have made it past the trash can after it was written. "this is not a career, its a hobby." WTF.. if that isn't a slap in the face.

Yeah, but it sounds like it is his father or med school prof that is telling him that. It's not him or another medic. But really, it's true. :?

Apparently the producers never bothered to look at an actual ambo in Portland. That $hit would never fly there. Lame. :roll:

Yea, i caught that about him not saying it... just really pisses me off !!!! i busted my ass through school to be Paramedic then they put $hit like this on TV .. and to have a Doc or even his father say that this is a hobby on TV, not matter if it is fiction is a huge slap to all of us. not to mention the younger kids that will watch this and see this guy in a freakin Tee shirt and a medic jacket workin on an ambulance.... Come on lets just stop and fuckin think for a second about this ... Its hard enough to be taken seriously by the general public ... but then with this it is ten time harder to do ...

Im sorry for the ranting, im usually not like this ... just lots of other stressers right now ... Have a great night !!!

Race

This show is a mistake that never should have been thought up.... When Third Watch came out, my husband suddenly thought he knew what my job entailed....was he ever wrong.... This is not tv, this is real s**t, where you can't shock the asystole.....All we need is another show about what others think our job is....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.